Have other guests ever gotten mad at you, for something you did?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can stave this off by trying to sit for parades/fireworks.

There could be many reasons why someone doesn't want to sit down on pavement. It can be cold or hot, wet, dirty. They could have issues getting up and down (dh has a bad back and get up and down is painful at times also he takes a lot of room to stand back up so he can get run over by crowds after the parade). If you are sitting and the people in front are standing no matter how tall you are you can't see. If someone is standing and you decide to stand behind someone who is standing it's really your fault if you can't see

My apologies, but unless you are a woman between, say 25 and 35, and you are on ToT with a girlfriend or girlfriends only, then you will never have to worry about me doing the "whisper" to you. I'm a single guy, so I look at it as just another type of interaction with the opposite sex. Oh, well.

It rubs the lotion on its skin, it does this whenever it's told.

tumblr_lfk431l3an1qzcgluo1_500.jpg

My best friend punched a guy who snuck up on her like that. She had been assaulted in college.

I have a friend with similar issues, who gets lashes out when startled. She'd feel terrible afterward, of course! :worried:

If that ever happens to you, then please do report the person to a Cast Member.

"Snuck up" is a little off---we're all standing in the room and all I do is turn around and whisper "The Twilight Zone". It's not like I'm touching anyone nor getting right in their face. Lighten up people.

Glad to hear you're not actually in people's faces or putting your lips to their ears, though to be honest, it still comes across a tad stalker-ish, with you deliberately picking a young, unattached woman and positioning yourself near her, in order to - you hope - startle her and make her scream.

This does not strike me as a successful mating strategy. ;)

Two things, both related to Tower of Terror. When we are ushered into the room to watch the TV before going into the boiler room, I try and scan the room for someone that would probably not take offense and stand near them. At the end when they say "The Twilight Zone" for the final time I usually turn to that person and also say "The Twilight Zone" in a loud whisper somewhat close to their ear. Of the dozens of times I've done this, only one person gave me the evil eye, so not doing too badly on that one.

The second thing I'll do is on the ride itself, but only if I see that there are no little kids on my "elevator" that could be scared going into it. During the few seconds between when it's pitch dark and the ride goes up or drops for the first time, I'll let out a blood curdling scream. I haven't had anyone get mad at me for that one yet.

No! No! No! I would rather have all the people do to me what have made others mad on this thread then what you do to people on TOT. Both are very annoying and can ruin a ride for someone who may have waited a very long time to get on. So please find another way to pick up girls.

... It's not like I'm touching anyone nor getting right in their face. Lighten up people.

No, you don't get to shift the blame to other people and tell them to lighten up. They aren't the problem, your behavior is.

I'm gonna offer a little worldly advice. If you are looking for positive attention from a woman, annoying or creeping out a substantial number of them to find the few (if any) this works on is a very limiting approach. The ToT has one of the best pre-shows, which allows for ample conversation starters and a long enough queue to continue a conversation if she's interested.

Exactly; exactly what? That the comparison of what someone does during a ride at an amusement park to kidnapping/murder is valid? I say again, lighten up!

DH and I went alone for the first time last Sept. We went to MNSSHP and we grabbed a spot for the parade about an hour ahead of time. A family came up and had 2 kids, DH stood behind me to make a spot for the kids. Not good enough, the mom kept commenting on how this was really for the kids and how immature "some people" are and on and on and on. DH, who usually prevents making a scene at all costs, let her know that we paid to be there the same as they did and they had the option of staking out a spot as we did. I felt bad for her family because I think they were ok, it was her making the stink.

THIS! I love the parades so we are those crazy people that get their super early to get a good seat. Many times we have our "snack" of the day while waiting for the parade magic to begin. As my children have gotten older (they are older teens now)...I find more & more that last minute people will come up & somehow try to jockey us out of our spots. They have even gone so far as saying nasty things to my teens. Really, I couldn't be more annoyed. If we can fit little ones in front of us, fine. But the reality is, we are normally sitting on the curb or right on the line and we staked out the spot for a lot longer. If I can fit a little one or two in front , we do it but not the whole freakin stroller & for sure not Mom & Dad & whoever else. I'm not trying to be ugly but you want the spot then give up some of your park touring time & secure it...your kid probably needs the downtime break anyway! :furious: ok, that's ugly, but this has happened to us a lot.

There was one moment while in the MK that will forever stand out in my mind as both a "I can't believe some people" and a "I am so proud" moment.

I was with my 6 year old niece for her first trip and she was very excited to see her first Disney parade. We got to Main Street early to find a spot for the afternoon parade and ended up on the curb next to a woman in a wheelchair who was an amputee. My niece ended up next her to chair and the woman immediately started talking to her about her first trip(she had on her first visit button) and asking her about what's she's done so far and they spent the time waiting for the parade having a lovely conversation.

Soon our area started filling up for the parade and just before the parade started a woman pushed up with her three kids in tow and started pushing them through to the front and telling them to just stand in front of people who were on the curb. She wasn't asking if her kids could come to the front, she was just loudly saying, "Move people! My kids need to get up front! Hello! Move, I have kids that need to see!" until she had wedged her way to us and then proceeded to stand her children right in front of the lady in the wheel chair next to us. The woman very politely(much more politely than I would have) told the woman that her children were blocking her view and that she had waited for this spot and could she please move her children. The mom turned to her and said, "My kids need to see and they are kids so they have priority. You can stand up to see or move."

At this point my jaw was on the floor in shock at this level of rudeness. Before the woman in the wheel chair or I could say a word, my six year old niece, with blond pigtails shaking in fury, turned to this woman and sternly said, "NO! You are rude and a very not nice person! Your kids have both legs so they can move! How dare you say something so bad! How did your momma raise you?" And proceeded to stare this woman down like a warrior until she moved her kids away from the wheel chair. I was completely in awe.

The best part was after the woman moved away my niece turned me and very meekly said, "sorry for talking smart to an elder but that woman was a butthead.":rotfl:

No, you don't get to shift the blame to other people and tell them to lighten up. They aren't the problem, your behavior is.

Nope, sorry but even if it ends up 500 people to 3, it's still everyone's opinion. Just because more people feel a certain way or have a certain though about something doesn't automatically make them correct. And yes, when something I've done is compared to a horrific scene from a movie, then I think things need to lighten up.

Again, maybe my explanation was written badly. If you were in the room and actually witness what is done, you would shrug and say "Oh, that's all it is" and go on your merry way towards the ride.

irritating other guests? Well, I know I don't want to talk about politics while on vacation....But, If another person insists on wearing a t-shirt or hat with the name of some ... Politician on it, I might make a comment. I think you are asking for feedback when you choose to display your favorite sports team or politician on your attire.

Again, maybe my explanation was written badly. If you were in the room and actually witness what is done, you would shrug and say "Oh, that's all it is" and go on your merry way towards the ride.

Or I'd think "Ick - how sad and creepy. He's lucky he didn't try that with me." And then go my merry way towards the ride.

My fiance and I were recently at Magic Kingdom and decided to watch the new Festival of Fantasy parade. (We are locals with APs.) We got a spot near the train station, so we could exit the park quickly, as well as behind a planter and right next to the tape, so nobody could push their kids in front of us. (We are both very short and do not have kids so this happens to us all the time.) We got to our spot at least 45 minutes beforehand.

Sure enough, a family eventually comes and stands beside me. The CM working the area told the family they had to stand on either side of the tape. The family complied and moved behind us. Then their daughter kept moving forward, and forward, and forward, until she was right beside me (halfway on the other side of the tape, mind you). She kept giving me dirty looks but I refused to move. And before anyone says I should have let the girl in front of me, she was taller than I was. :P

Eventually, before the parade even started, the family went away. :rotfl2:

Two things, both related to Tower of Terror. When we are ushered into the room to watch the TV before going into the boiler room, I try and scan the room for someone that would probably not take offense and stand near them. At the end when they say "The Twilight Zone" for the final time I usually turn to that person and also say "The Twilight Zone" in a loud whisper somewhat close to their ear. Of the dozens of times I've done this, only one person gave me the evil eye, so not doing too badly on that one.

The second thing I'll do is on the ride itself, but only if I see that there are no little kids on my "elevator" that could be scared going into it. During the few seconds between when it's pitch dark and the ride goes up or drops for the first time, I'll let out a blood curdling scream. I haven't had anyone get mad at me for that one yet.

If this isn't a joke then there is something wrong with you! It's rude and I'd call it harassment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter