Have only 1 day with teens

Pinboys

<font color=red>Can drink Ice Station Cool dry
OK, I am in need of some help. I will be with a group of 28 teens and we will be visiting DL and CA on July 24, Monday. We have 1 day hopper tickets. The parks hours are from 8-11 for DL and 10-9 for CA. Any suggestions or strategies for us. None of these kids have ever been to DL or CA so it is all new to them (and the 6 leaders going too). Maybe a list of must do's or gotta see's. Thanks for all the help.

Here's what I'd suggest:

Get to DL before opening and immediatly go to Space and get a FP. Then go and ride Matterhorn, Buzz Lightyear, Star Tours(if necessary), and any Fantasyland dark rides(Peter Pan is the best).

Then make your way over to DCA for its opening. Grab a FP for both Soarin and GRR and go ride ToT. Then head to Paradise Pier and ride California Screamin and any other rides back there (maybe Maliboomer or Mulholland Madness). Don't waste your precious time on stupid low capacity flats like Orange Stinger or Golden Zephyr. As you make your way back to the front of DCA ride GRR and Soarin.

Cross back into DL and Grab a FP for Splash and ride Haunted Mansion, Pirates and Indy. Go back and ride Splash, then ride BTMRR. Then at the end of your day dig out those Space FPs from the morning and use them for a final ride.

Remember you have 4 more extra hours at DL so you have to plan your DCA time wisely. Have Fun! :)

1. Absolutely get there early -- before opening
2. Learn about and use FP (HydroGuy has written books on the subject; search for his threads)
3. Think about your meals ahead of time. It's not hard to waste an hour in line waiting for a burger if you go to a counter service place like Club Buzz at 12:00. You'd be better off eating at DCA and/or off peak times.
4. I agree with most of what DL29 says, except that you can get more FPs and get in more rides before heading over to DCA. Remember, you can use FPs later than the time shown. And I might throw in some shows (Aladdin, Steve Martin's 50th movie, a 3-D show; those are good midday when the lines get line to the rides). Try to catch the fireworks if you can.
5. Keep in mind that not all teenagers will do thrill rides. None of the rides at DL are too intense, but some people just don't do coasters or big drops. You might want to break the kids up into groups according to the thrill factor.
Just last month, I went to DL with my teenage thrill ride lovin' son, and his BF who loves DL but does not do coasters or big drops. We had a fabulous time, but we split up at times so that we could all do the rides and shows that we wanted to do.

My must-dos for just about everyone:
DL: Buzz (FP), Pirates, HM; Peter Pan (early -- even before Matterhorn -- or at closing; very low flow rate) Fireworks
DCA: Soarin'(FP) and Aladdin (show) if you've got a chance

Must dos for everyone but the timid
DL: Splash Mtn (FP, very long lines without FP), Indiana Jones (FP), Matterhorn (no FP, must do early)
Also recommended: BTMRR
DCA: Grizzly River Run (you'll get wet) (FP - Disconnected; which means you can get one even if you hold a FP for Soarin')

Must do for the fairly brave (including most teens)
DL: Space Mtn (FP); DCA: ToT (FP), Screamin'

Teens also like:
Star Tours, Teacups, Roger Rabbit (disconnected FP), Autopia (FP)

I'd try to throw in Jungle Cruise since its such a classic.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things.

3 words: Tower of Terror. It's one of the best (of not the best) ride for teens. There's also never a line there (which confuses me. It's a reallly good ride).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter