Have not received anything in the mail

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Hello all. Our reservation starts in about a week, but we have not received anything in the mail. Usually we get that small envelope with information. I think we may have also received our Magic Bands in the mail, although I may be getting some things mixed up.

This time around we made a room ressie with a TA. Perhaps that's why we haven't gotten anything?

And, am I supposed to bring an "old" magic band from last year or will they have a new gray one for us?

Thanks for your advice.

Hello all. Our reservation starts in about a week, but we have not received anything in the mail. Usually we get that small envelope with information. I think we may have also received our Magic Bands in the mail, although I may be getting some things mixed up.

This time around we made a room ressie with a TA. Perhaps that's why we haven't gotten anything?

And, am I supposed to bring an "old" magic band from last year or will they have a new gray one for us?

Thanks for your advice.
I believe you should have received your magic bands by now. Do you have your Disney confirmation number? If so, can you access it on DME? Have you spoken with the TA? Perhaps they have your documents.

If you booked a room-only reservation (not a package), then there are no documents. It was your responsibility to customize and update the shipping address for your Magic Bands. You should have done this by now. If you did not do this then your bands will be waiting for you at the resort.

Crumb....it never occured to me to change the address from the TA's to mine. As long as I can get "new" ones when I check in, I'm good. The package I was talking about was that little envelope with that tiny booklet that has The Smith Family Incredible vacation.

The package I was talking about was that little envelope with that tiny booklet that has The Smith Family Incredible vacation.
Those only come with vacation packages, not room only reservations, afaik.

Did you customize your new MBs on My Disney Experience? You *might* still have the option to choose colors/nicknames, and they'll be delivered to the resort instead of your house.

If you made a room-only reservation, the only documents you would be receiving would be a Disney Magical Express confirmation and luggage tags. If it's a package reservation (room plus tickets and/or dining), you would receive the package documents (a few coupons, plastic luggage tags and card for other entitlements). All of those documents would be sent to your TA first, who would then need to send them to you. If you think you should be getting any of these documents, you need to contact your TA and ask where they are.

It was your responsibility to customize and update the shipping address for your Magic Bands. You should have done this by now. If you did not do this then your bands will be waiting for you at the resort.

Yes.

I think you still have time to go in and customize them so you don't have just grey ones waiting at the resort. That way you'd have *your color* MBs waiting at the resort.

The package I was talking about was that little envelope with that tiny booklet that has The Smith Family Incredible vacation.

Those have been sent out for room-only reservations, but now they are getting a little haphazard about IF they are sending them out.

We received an envelope with our room only reservation. Our magic bands have not arrived but we're still a month and a few days out. IIRC, the bands are usually sent mailed about 30 days before a trip.
Seems like your TA should have made sure your address was on file for the MBs.

We received an envelope with our room only reservation. Our magic bands have not arrived but we're still a month and a few days out. IIRC, the bands are usually sent mailed about 30 days before a trip.
Seems like your TA should have made sure your address was on file for the MBs.

Since MagicBands have to be ordered on My Disney Experience, it's not the TA's responsibility. It is the responsibility of the traveler. The address has to be updated on My Disney Experience, not with Disney.

I don't have a package and I got the document you are talking about. In fact, I cancelled one and made another and got another mail package as well. However, I did my booking on the WDW website, so maybe that made the difference? Also, I used points through the DVC--maybe that's different too, but I did not buy tickets or DP with my room--and again, I got the letter from Disney with the Incredible book.

Since MagicBands have to be ordered on My Disney Experience, it's not the TA's responsibility. It is the responsibility of the traveler. The address has to be updated on My Disney Experience, not with Disney.

Thank-you for this information! I posted according to what my friend's TA told her. They are planning a trip for Dec. 2016 and she told me her TA was taking care of everything, including MBs. I will tell her what you posted so that her family can make their own MDE account.

Those only come with vacation packages, not room only reservations, afaik.

I booked Room Only in May and received the little book in the mail- I also have a room only res for this coming Oct, and I've already received the little booklet in the mail for that res as well.

Well, I am very glad I didn't purchase tickets or anything to hook up to my MDE account. I've had the account for a few years. I've only booked with a TA this year and last year. Prior to that, I booked on my own through WDW.

Well, I am very glad I didn't purchase tickets or anything to hook up to my MDE account. I've had the account for a few years. I've only booked with a TA this year and last year. Prior to that, I booked on my own through WDW.
This might be the issue. You need to link your resort reservation to MDE to be able to customize your magicbands. That might also be what triggers the booklet, but I'm not sure about that.

I booked Room Only in May and received the little book in the mail- I also have a room only res for this coming Oct, and I've already received the little booklet in the mail for that res as well.
Good to know! I haven't done a room only since MM+ started, that's probably the difference!

We also have a room only reservation..and did get the vacation packet. I do have everything linked on MDE though. I was excited to get it.

Stupid question, going alone, first trip i have planned ... bought tickets for WDW on Undercover Tourist, Still waiting for magicband..... Now when that comes in... is the magic band just linked to MDE or do we somehow link the magic band and tickets together? I am also new to this all.... last time I went was with family in 2008.... my ticket is linked from UT already

Stupid question, going alone, first trip i have planned ... bought tickets for WDW on Undercover Tourist, Still waiting for magicband..... Now when that comes in... is the magic band just linked to MDE or do we somehow link the magic band and tickets together? I am also new to this all.... last time I went was with family in 2008.... my ticket is linked from UT already

Are you staying on property? You only receive magic bands if staying on property. If you are staying on property, did you book with Disney or through a travel company\website?

Are you staying on property? You only receive magic bands if staying on property. If you are staying on property, did you book with Disney or through a travel company\website?

On property... using DVC points to stay so I booked online thru that. I know the magic band is included in that but not sure on much else pertaining to it or how it works with everything

On property... using DVC points to stay so I booked online thru that. I know the magic band is included in that but not sure on much else pertaining to it or how it works with everything
You just need to link the tickets to your MDE account. The MBs pretty much just read your My Reservations and Tickets page in MDE :)

You just need to link the tickets to your MDE account. The MBs pretty much just read your My Reservations and Tickets page in MDE :)

ah thank you! Guess i get a little paranoid that i will forgst to do something or will have done it wrong :( lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter