• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have I made good choices? Will we be satisfied?

Disney*Dreamer

DIS Veteran
We of course we will be satisfied, we will be at Disney, and will be eating at these places rather than hamburgers and chicken strips. lol.

So here is a list of places that we have ADR's. This will be our first time on the plan and the only other table service that we have ate at was Crystal Palace. I tried to take reccommendations from these boards, plus pick out new stuff to try and menus that I thought we would like. What do you think?

Sci-Fi for lunch
Chef Mickey's for breakfast
Boma for Dinner
Whispering Canyon Cafe for lunch
Coral Reef for lunch with the divers and menus planned for our anniversary :love:
and Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package for lunch

All of these are on different days, I don't think we could eat more than one ts a day. We chose to do most lunches rather than dinners. So how did I do for my first time?

The only place on your list that I have been to is Sci-Fi for lunch. I really like this place and its one of our "must do's" when we visit. I have always ordered the same thing - burgers and fries - but they are really good. I like the atmosphere, and the silly movie clips. You will like it too! :)

Last week/early this week we did:

Chef Mickey's breakfast, LOVED it food and characters

Coral Reef lunch - loved it, especially the sourdough bread (we chose, Tilapia, BBQ Salmon and kids cheese pizza, cheese cake and 2 kids sundaes)

Boma - now a MUST do, not sure if this or Narcoossee's was Mom's favorite

All your choices look great to me!!

My favorites out of them are Mama Melrose, Coral Reef (one of the best atmopsheres in Disney IMO, and a great choice for your anniversary!!)Whispering Canyon Cafe (fun atmosphere, great food, I wish I could get an ADR there for my upcoming trip!!) and Sci Fi has one of the best atmospheres in Disney too.

Hope you have a great trip!

we love Sci Fi and eat there on every trip. I try not to base our restaurant decisions on what everyone else says because it really is all about personal preference and taste (that and most people tell me that they hated Sci-Fi, Nine Dragons, and Planet Hollywood and we love them). We have never eaten at any of the other places on your list, but will be eating at Coral Reef, Boma (but for breakfast) and Mama Melrose's in October. I have heard a lot of people don't like Mama Melrose's either but every time we have tried to walk in they have been completely booked so they must not be THAT bad! Have a great trip! And enjoy your meals!!

any, I can arrange a quick trip in your place. You should enjoy these and you have chosen a pretty broad variety of entertainment and food types. I'm sure you will enjoy.

I haven't tried Mama Melrose or Whispering Canyon (am trying those next trip, can't wait!). But all your others I love. And Sci Fi is the one and only restaurant we have been to each of our eight trips. We could never not go there! I think you made some great choices, have a wonderful trip!

Thanks so much everyone. It makes me feel much better since you all said that it looks good. I tried to pick stuff out that I thought we would like, well I am not sure about Boma, but I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity to try something new either! It was really hard to chose in Epcot, because there is so much to choose from. I can't wait to go.

We of course we will be satisfied, we will be at Disney, and will be eating at these places rather than hamburgers and chicken strips. lol.

So here is a list of places that we have ADR's. This will be our first time on the plan and the only other table service that we have ate at was Crystal Palace. I tried to take reccommendations from these boards, plus pick out new stuff to try and menus that I thought we would like. What do you think?

Sci-Fi for lunch
Chef Mickey's for breakfast
Boma for Dinner
Whispering Canyon Cafe for lunch
Coral Reef for lunch with the divers and menus planned for our anniversary :love:
and Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package for lunch

All of these are on different days, I don't think we could eat more than one ts a day. We chose to do most lunches rather than dinners. So how did I do for my first time?

Hi! They sound great to me! I had a question...for the Mama Melrose Fantasmic...was that an early dinner you are considering as lunch? I thought you could only get that w/ a dinner. I have an ADR for December for this and would love to have a lunch instead! TIA!

Hi! They sound great to me! I had a question...for the Mama Melrose Fantasmic...was that an early dinner you are considering as lunch? I thought you could only get that w/ a dinner. I have an ADR for December for this and would love to have a lunch instead! TIA!

Mama Melrose is at 3:30, I am not sure if that is lunch or dinner? :confused3

Yep, they start dinner seating at 3:30! That's what I did also, got the earliest dinner seating. Just thought if I could get a lunch I'd save a buck or two :laughing: If you look up frugal in webster you'd see me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter