have I been gone THAT long???!!!

wheeler

CHARTER MEMBER '97
I haven't been "poking" around for several months, (but I was one of the first "lurkers" way back at the beginning when averyone just went by their FIRST name .... (I think CathyC.(CathyCanada?) was the first to have to use an initial!) and there was only ONE BOARD! Anyone out there remember that??? You only had to "check-in" every 20 minutes or so to see a "new" post.....sometimes hours! Anyway, I digress.... I have a trip 5/7-5-16 at AKL & I just went to inquire about ticket prices (I buy everything separate)and was told that the "Magic Kingdom Club" was "defunct" as of 12/21/00!!!! My employer gave me a card w/an expiration date of 03/02!!!!!What's up with that??? I did get some mailing at home about a new "Disney Club" but I didn't bother to read it as I've been getting the other membership free from my employer for years. HR hasn't returned my calls about it yet....it's obviously "small potatoes" to them...:<

I also remember when there was only one board. I found the DIS back in March of 98. I have been off and on since then (mostly lurking). It's amazing how it's grown.

The MKC has been replaced by the Disney Club. I also used to have a free card through my employer.

Take care!

Krista

I remember those days too. The DIS has grown soooo fast!!

As far as the MKC card, it did expire as of 12/31/00 - no matter what your card says. I guess the new club card isn't as good. I will miss it (ours was free from DH's employer too).

Have fun surfing the new DIS!

Just a quick note here...while we (CMs) were told last fall that all MKC cards were to expire on 12/31/00 (no matter what the card said- people who paid for MKC were sent a new DC card, so this really only applied to the free memberships) when I went in for my first shift of the new year i saw a new CM about to take an MKC card and i said "I don't think we can take those anymore". We checked with our Store manager and she said that the original memo had been updated to say that we would continue to accept UNEXPIRED MKC cards. When I asked until when, her response was- indefinitly at this time.......I did not see the memo myself, but as I said it was our Store Manager that gave me this info......
I have no idea how other areas of the company have been instructed I work in a Disney Store in NC.

Disney trips:
Offsite- Dec 84, June 86, Easter 90, honeymoon June 91, May 94, April 98, Dec 98, April 2000
2 Whole Weeks June 2001

On site:
Feb 99- All Star Sports
Nov 00- Dixie Landings

It has been a while since I have seen your name on the boards. I used to post as Tammy (back when I was the only one), but went to my chat name when the population exploded!

You may be able to use your MKC card to purchase passes at a discount at your local Disney Store through the end of March. At least this is the most recent information I have. You might want to check into purchasing that Disney Club membership. You can call 1-800-654-6347 for more information and to join over the phone. Since the Animal Kingdom Lodge is a deluxe resort, you may be able to get a discount on the room for your upcoming trip in May.

It is good to see you again!

ms.GIF

Tammy aka Kaa
Budget Board Co-Moderator
tammy@wdwinfo.com

I remember those days as well. I' learned an amazing amount on these boards over the years--it's amazing how they've grown!

How long does it take to get a DC card after ordering?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter