Have faith in the DVC Waitlist!

NewsieJenny

AKV/VGC
I made 2 waitlists for two nights (a saturday and sunday night) during MLK weekend in January at Grand Californian at exactly the 7 month window for a studio.... in hopes that I could at least stay one night if one waitlist came through...

well to my surprise the Sunday night stay has come through and it's only Aug!
I know the saturday night will be harder to get but I have more hope now that it's possible it might since this came through so fast on a holiday weekend when kids are off school Monday and it is also the Star Wars half marathon weekend..

just to give some of you hope who are waitlisting right now!

**sorry, put this in the wrong thread and dont know how to change it.....***

I hope I am as lucky. We are currently booked Jan 9-17 but we had to book two different resorts. Jan 9-12 at SSR and Jan12-17 at BCV I hope to get either all days at BCV or at least a few more days. I have a waitlist in for the 9-12th and one for the 11th- 12th. I would love an opinion should I change the 11-12th to the 10-12th or keep it how it is. getting in late I never care where we stay the first night but would love to get BCV for the rest.

Judy

Agree! I've had 99% of mine come through including Thanksgiving week at HHead ( a hard ticket to get) and VGF this September. Keep the faith.

OP - good luck! we've had the GC come thru twice for us via WL @ 7 month window for a studio.

That's awesome... Haven't had any of mine come through... Today is my 7 days before vacation and my waitlist ended last night...will still enjoy our stay next week,,,

I had 8/10 waitlisted for two months at GCV. It kicked me off at the seven day mark and I waited a couple more days trolling the availability tool until I was afriad the Grand would sell out. Made my RES for two nights had one GCV 1-BD for the 8/11 and two hours later I saw 8/10 available. Must say DVC and Cash res were very nice working with me to cancel cash without penalty and grab 8/10:cheer2:

Room was a great size for our family.

pixie dust: to help you get the other WL. Congratulations on getting one day.

I didn't realize that you could do two WL's for the same villa type at the same resort for consecutive nights. In the past MS would combine them into one WL. That is a change, perhaps the change occurred with the online system.

I just had another one come thru for the Friday after Thanksgiving! I couldn't believe it. Now granted it's for SSR ... ;)

I am at BLT before and BCV after the DVC Member Cruise that begins on Sunday. Both resorts were gotten through a waitlist. I had hoped for a 1 bedroom after instead of a studio, but that wait list has only 1 more day.

I've been waiting for a waitlist at GCV too... alas I still only have 1 night booked. I need to get nights before and after booked.

We're there for a wedding in December and I had hoped to get a few nights in the villas...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter