Have any of your relatives reached the grand age of 90 or above?

None, unfortunately. My grandfather made it to 82 and my grandmother was a few days shy of her 80th birthday.

My grandfather was 91 when he was killed in a farming accident (yep, still farming at 91!!). I'm sure he'd still be around today and approaching 100 - he was healthy as a horse (that's what he always told me).

My grandmother passed away a few days ago at 89. I always thought they'd live forever.

It's so good to read about all of these people with these amazing long lives!

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, Barb. :hug:

Great Aunt Annie lived to be 111...lived on her own until mid 90's then with her son then the her last 3 years in a nursing home.

My Memere lived to be 95
My Grandfather lived to be 95 (he was born on Christmas day and died on Valentines day)
My Grandmother is going to be 96 in February, and up until last year lived on her own with some light assistance out in the boondocks. She broke her hip last year, and now is in a nursing home and happy there...she didn't like living alone anymore (scared at night).
Her roommate is 102.

I am going to live forever with this history in my family, lol!

My grandmother died at 91. I was so sure my mom would've lived that long, also but she died at 76. My Dad would've been 90 this year, but he passed in 2003.

My Grandpa died at 93. My Grandma will turn 104 in 10 days. My Grandpa's sister is still living and in her late 90's.

Yes, several have. The most recent was my great-aunt, who passed away at 91 in Feb. 2006. I can't believe it has been almost 4 years already!

My Nana (my Mom's mom) is 103. She'll be 104 on 6/1. She was doing well untill she reached around 100. She entered a nursing home that year. She was born in 1906, the same year as the San Francisco earthquake. I also marvel at the things she has seen. She immigrated from England-twice. And when she was little, she returned to England from the US the day after the Titanic sank :scared1: She actually was almost swept overboard on that voyage.
My father's dad lived to be 91, however, my Dad only lived to 68. Infact he passed only 4 1/2 years after my Grampa. Dad was a smoker, and paid the price. Man, I'm rambling......I hope that I take after the longevity but that I have full quality of life!!:)

I have a great aunt who lived to be 103 years old. it was cool because she was born in 1900 so it was easy to know her age, she was even with years. the last 5 years at least though were not so fun, she was completely senile. She thought she was pregnant at 101 , you couldnt tell her any differently, she wouldnt hear it... and then later she thought everyone was trying to rob her, she didnt recognize anyone and thought people were trying to steal her things when they came to visit her. those were tough years....

My FIL is 96 - and going strong - my husband is only 42!

Looks like I'll never get a break, at this rate. :rolleyes1

The vast majority of my relatives have made it to 90 or above. I sometimes worry that I will last that long myself. It seems to get lonely when you are that old and many of your friends and relatives have passed on.

My grandmother was 96 when she passed away..

My mom just turned 91 in September and aside from Alzhiemers, she's perfectly healthy..

I have an aunt who is over 100 now (also has Alzheimers and is otherwise healthy).. I think she's 102..

My family is all still pretty young right now, but everyone seems to be in good shape..

One great-grandma was 92 when she died from breast cancer - and she was feisty right up to the end. I remember when I was about 13, my little cousin (who was about 7 at the time) bit her on the hand and she socked him right in the mouth. :laughing: He just stood there in shock - couldn't believe a 90 year old woman had that kind of fight in her.
Her husband died when he was in his 70's.

Another great-grandma is still alive, she's 82, and in okay health, I guess. She's had lung cancer and breast cancer, but seems to be doing okay now.
My great-grandpa (her husband) died 3 years ago, he was 80.

My other great grandparents died pretty young, I never met any of them.

As far as grandparents go..
My maternal grandpa died 3 years ago, he was 62.
My maternal grandma is still alive, she's 60.
My paternal grandpa is around 65 I think, but he's not very healthy - his kidneys are failing and he's on dialysis.
My paternal grandma is 63 and as healthy as a horse. :)

Apparently I got kind of OT :laughing: .. but I guess only one of my relatives has made it to 90 so far.

My Gram is 91, lives on her own drives and volunteers at the hospital! She is awesome! My grandfather died earlier this year at 89 so close. When I talked to her last week I said thanks for the good genes! :rotfl:

My mother will be 92 on Friday. She lives alone, drives (daytime only and to only a few places) and does fine. Although she has put her house on the market and will be moving in with me after the New Year. She says she can't keep up with the house work any more.

Her grandmother died at 96, one aunt at 98, one at 94, an uncle at 93.

Sad to say my aunt just passed away on Tuesday. She was 102. Although her eyesight was failing she was alert right to the end. She had a sister that lived to be 96.

Grandfather is 93, but he always tells people that he has an older brother that is 95, and a younger one that is 90. His sister just passed away at 94. Of course another thing he tells people when asked his age is "Well, my oldest son is 75".

My beautiful grandmother was 99 when she passed away 10 years ago this month. For Christmas gifts this year, I'm making everyone in my family a shadow box with a picture of her framed by one of her hand-crocheted potholders. I think they're going to love it!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter