Have Any Canadaians Rented Points?

bcnancy

VACATION HEAVEN
I am interested in renting points for BWV this summer for 3 weeks and I need to know if any Canadians out there have rented? I need 322 for BWV June23-July13th 2004. I understand Paypal isn't having good rating of late. PLEASE HELP WITH THIS PROCESS IF YOU CAN?:confused: I would like to book this by the weekend. Thanks

We rented points 2 years ago and loved it. I mailed a deposit away and one month before our trip I sent final payment. At this time the renter sent me my confirmation numbers.

Were you not worried that the reservation might not happen? I am afraid that I will send all this money as a deposit and not have a reservation. I wish that I can have the reservation in my hand before the money is exchanged. I have no problem paying but it seems that the wait is too long for confirmation.??

We rented from a gentleman in Michigan and drove down to meet him and give him the deposit he was very helpfull if you like I can give you his name he has lots of points and at OKW and BWV I think he also purchased points at BCV let me know if you are interested.
Darren

I'd say you would be better off renting from a Canadian DVCer if possible, and avoiding the cross border business, if you're worried about PayPal. Or rent from someone with good references like the fellow in Michigan who DSNY FN dealt with. I just think it would be a simpler transaction, plus we all know Canadians are more trustworthy than Yanks anyway, right?;) (kidding, in case you couldn't tell already).

At this late date you might have trouble with room availability tho. If you don't mind OKW (a lovely resort IMO) there is more likely to be availability there, plus the rooms are larger. Or if you don't mind moving part way thru your 3 weeks (wow! nice!) you could do a couple of DVC resorts.

Good luck!

Hey Pumpkinboy When we rented points it went very smooth and I would reccomend renting from Jerry any time we have no extra points left we have all of ours used up now through 07. We always charge people in US funds when we do rent our points and accept moneyorders and cash only when renting much easier this way.

We rented points in October from a DISer and it went great! She made the reservation and gave me the reservation number and the number to call DVC and I confirmed the booking before I sent our US money order. You can call this number at any time and re-confirm your reservation, which we did again the day before we left home.

I would recommend what we did and ask the person for references and talk to the people that have rented from them before and ask lots of questions.

Hey mom-rules sent you a PM with a bit of info in it if you have more questions feel free to PM us with them.
DArren

We have rented three different time with 3 different DVCers. Two were in US and the last one was in UK! No issues any of the times, but you do need to have trust and "talk" with the folks ahead of time to iron out the payment and transactional details. If you can get over your nerves about it, take the plunge and you'll be so glad. It's an amazing deal!

I'd like some more info if someone wouldn't mind. What kind of costs would we be dealing with? In 2005, we're planning a trip for 8 people and wonder if this would be a good option for us? Thanks for your help!

Well, to start off, if you're traveling with 8 people, the most basic accomodations you'll require is a two bedroom at one of the Home Away from Home Resorts...or you could do two studios
OKW,BWV,BCV,SSR,VWL are your options onsite...offsite DVC has two properties, Vero Beach, and Hilton Head Island.

Each night of the year is assigned a certain amount of point value for each type of accomodations. For example, a studio at OKW in January is the "Cheapest" at 8 pts, I believe,,,while a three bdr Grand Villa at Christmas is like, oh, 10million points...LOL! But it is "expensive" point wise.

DVC does not rent points. Owners who, for one reason or another can't use their points, may rent them. Going prices are anywhere from $10-$15 USD depending on resort, time of year and advance booking.

Head over to the DVC Boards...and read the FAQ's, and feel free to post any questions...we're happy to help!!

:sunny:

Thanks so much for the info!! It's definitely worth looking into!

Whe we have any left we rent them at 12 dollars a point that is US we often get more than that sometimes upwars of 17 and 18 dollars a point. It is an easy inexpensive way to stay at a DVC resort without paying 400 plus dollars a night in some cases.

I have found a rental for our vacation in fact 2 different DVC owners have contacted me. Now can anyone tell me do we get cheaper tickets ect. with the rental. I thought I read somewhere that we would get treated as a owner with the room key. Any one out there who can explain to me what are the benefits? Thanks!

Hey BC
like all the others I have had a great experience renting from someone in the states.. I wish now I would have kept their info. because I have family going to WDW and am helping them rent points. I actually bought mine off of Ebay but you can get them cheaper. $10 US a point is standard hold out for that price unless you're really stuck.

Some of the benefits of staying on site is delivery of onsite purchases back to your room, Charging store purchases to your room using the passes. Early entry, certain days, on site visitors get access to the park an hour early. E-nights, is worth the xtra $. For $10 you can get unlimited access to a few specific rides, Magic Mountain of one of them.. Let me tell you there is nothing like the feeling of going on premier ride like this and the longest part of the ride is "running" out the exit and right back in and getting back on .... :Pinkbounc 7 times in a row and still had time to do the other rides.

Check out more info on Enights for details on this site

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter