Have AnnualPass, Will Travel. 1st PTR *Update 10/04* The Trip Report is up!

Well, I could be writing my thesis right now... or I could be on youtube looking at old Disney commercials.

Do you remember this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFKhRByUSR8&feature=related

Totally brings a tear to my eye :)

Just getting started on your PT, but I'm subscribing so I remember to come back tomorrow and catch up :)

Sorry I kept you out of Pop this year, because I think your decade preferences were right on. We were in the 70's last year, and I LOVED it. We were overlooking the foosball guys. I've already told DH I want to specifically request rooms "overlooking the foosball guys" again this year, and he thinks I'm crazy :laughing:

:welcome:
What a perfect room request! "I don't care! I just want to see the foosball guys! :lmao:" I would have totally just requested "The room as close to the giant Roger Rabbit as humanly possible!"

Plans are coming along great. I love the Matt's story about the little girl waiting for her pancakes, so cute! I hear you on the safari, we ended up doing it twice, kids picked to go back there on the last day and we did it again. Ugh! The were just obsessed with animals this trip.

I was totally that kid. My poor mom worked third shift when I was little and she got off a full nights work, just to get me up, drive two hours to the airport for another two hour flight, just to get to Disney and me instantly ask if we can go to Magic Kingdom because I wanted to ride Pirates of the Caribbean :rolleyes:
I totally appreciate my mom now because back then, I had no idea how exhausted she was! But I guess as a parent sometimes you just take one for the team (plus I mean it IS Disney... how bad can it be :rolleyes1)
Who knows, maybe on your next trip your boys will have moved on to pirates pirate:

I really want to get to WDW for the MNSSHP! Someday!
AND the Food & Wine Festival! Ooooh, I'm jealous!
I am soooo excited for MNSSHP... totally more excited for that than F&W. And I love me some wine! Of course, I'm sure we will have a great time at both. I'm not sure if we'll stay too late though... Matt's heard horror stories from other CM's about the crowds at F&W. Apparently by 7:00 it's quite the party scene and Disney Security is definitely working overtime controlling the inebriated crowds. It's apparently the least coveted shift of all!

I know, i know, it's been FOREVER!!!
Im all caught up and hoepfully vcan stay that way!
love all your updates! happy to hear bf is having a great time!
hope all is well!
xo <3 Christina

Hey everyone. Just wanted to share my Disney Pin purchases as of today. I went to the Character Premiere Outlet and bought some discounted pins and will be trading them later today. So far, I have these five.

DSCF2477.JPG

Note: I love the Rebel Spy one because I was the Rebel Spy on my second tour.

Very cool pins! Henry was the Rebel Spy on his second tour as well! :goodvibes

Thanks for the vote of confidence in CBR... I've heard some so-so things about it and, well, with DBF working there he's had some occasional so-so things to say as well (but I guess that's mostly about your few but far-between trouble guests more than anything else). I am so excited to see the Nemo decor!
I can't remember if I told you this already, but one day Matt was at DHS and saw a little red-headed boy with two brunette parents and thought maybe, just maybe it was you guys! How awesome would that have been? But alas, it was not to be, because upon consulting facebook, I saw you were in fact at another park that day... :(

What has been said that is so-so about CBR?

And that would have been so great if that had been us! I would have loved and impromptu meet!

P.S.
My favorite moment so far was talking with a little girl who was waiting for her pancakes. Her favorite Princess is Belle and asked if she saw Bell's new castle being built. She shook her head. I told her that Bell was getting a little cramped in Cinderella's castle so we were building her own in fantasy land. She got very excited and asked her dad if they could go back to MK. Made my day.

That is adorable. :cutie: It's CMs like you that make our trips magical!!

Your plans are looking great! There are some pics of the HM float on Twitter...:teeth:

I know, i know, it's been FOREVER!!!
Im all caught up and hoepfully vcan stay that way!
love all your updates! happy to hear bf is having a great time!
hope all is well!
xo <3 Christina
Thanks! :goodvibes and I can only imagine how crazy planning a wedding is so I totally understand falling behind... hope everything is going well with you!

Very cool pins! Henry was the Rebel Spy on his second tour as well! :goodvibes
I cannot wait to go on the new Star Tours. I hope I'm the Rebel Spy too!

What has been said that is so-so about CBR?
Have you ever read the Unofficial Guides to WDW? My Dad buys one every year and reads it cover to cover... even years when we had no trip planned! :lmao: Well it always gives CBR the lowest rating of any of the resorts and, quite frankly, never has anything nice to say about the resort. Now, upon reflection, I realize that all my negative feelings for the resort have been compounded upon this one book series, so I'm definitely going in with a very open mind. I'm so excited!

And that would have been so great if that had been us! I would have loved and impromptu meet!

That is adorable. :cutie: It's CMs like you that make our trips magical!!

Your plans are looking great! There are some pics of the HM float on Twitter...:teeth:
Ahhh I'm so torn! Do I keep the HM float a surprise or do I go on Twitter? Oh the temptation ;)

Considering the ENTIRE reason I planned this trip for this given time was due to the 40th anniversary, the plans for today have not changed a lot. Now, Disney is promising some special surprises for those of us at Magic Kingdom on the 40th so I can't wait to see what they do! Probably just a certificate and maybe a special opening show (which I WILL be there for) but still, it will be amazing to be there!

Park opens at 9 am so we'll have to be there at Rope Drop and pretty much hang out all day long, catching as much as we can, trading pins and vinylmations, and just overall enjoying the atmosphere. I know I want to have lunch at:
BCC401.jpg

Pecos Bill!

I've never eaten there and that fixins' bar looks really really tempting!

Then we'll wander some more, catch our favorite rides including the mountains:
MK_FrL_SplashConstrRefilled_090117-danderline.jpg

77ac5_big-thunder-mountain-magic-kingdom-704477.jpg

spacemountain3.jpg

*I'm willing to give Space Mountain one more try because Matt says they've made changes to the... changes. I was less than impressed with the new and "improved" version.

Of course we'll be stopping by Pirates of the Caribbean:
pirates-of-the-caribbean-2.JPG

Buzz Lightyear:
buzz-lightyear-ride-picture-012.JPG

And Mickey's Philharmagic:
mickeys-philharmagic-donald.jpg

Other than that I know I'd like to stop and actually watch the 3:00 parade because I'm fairly certain I've never seen all of it... I've marched in it before with my high school marching band but I'm fairly certain I haven't actually watched it since I was like... 5? :confused3
While watching the parade I WILL be indulging in this beauty:
011611_alohaisle3.jpg

Dole Whip Float!

After the parade the only other plan is our reservation for Tony's at 6:30.
Tonys_town_square_restaraunt_sign_at_the_magic_kingdom.jpg

After that, the MSEP is scheduled for 8:30, Wishes is scheduled for 9:00 (with the new the Magic, the Memories, and You show in between... hopefully I see beebeeryan's son!). We'll hang out for the Kiss Goodnight... just because we can and head off to bed! How great of a day does that sound? :woohoo:

Man, never try to plan a trip a week after school and a new job start... it is absolute insanity. This trip has really seemed to sneak up on me all of a sudden. I'm at single digits!!! Tonight I'm actually gonna pack. My parents are visiting this weekend and we're going to see the comedian Jeff Dunham and the weekdays bring classes and work so if I don't make this time now I may be scrambling to pack the night before I leave.

But on to the final plans!

This is the last day of my super-crazy planning. Monday, my departure day, will be dedicated to us. We probably won't go into a park, we could go to Downtown Disney, but honestly I just expect us to spend time together. My flight leaves at 9:00 pm so hopefully Matt won't work that night and will be able to drive me to the airport.

But Sunday will be filled with all sorts of plans!

I expect we'll be pretty tired after such a busy vacation up to this point so I have nothing planned until the Food and Wine Festival opens at 11:00.
2463876687_4a6bb1ecf4.jpg

Oh yeah, I can't wait to try me some Cheddar Cheese Soup!

We'll explore Epcot some more (I loooove Epcot), relax, and just take it easy in general.

At 5:00 pm we have a reservation for:
dog-cartoon-lge.jpg

The Wave
This'll be our fancy schmancy meal. I can't wait to eat here!

After our meal we'll head to the final park of my trip:
hollywood-studios-sorcerer.jpg

Hollywood Studios!
I've heard rumors that this monster is going away... man I hope so. A change would be awesome!

I will finally be indulging in a few special rides during this EMH.
Disney%252520006.JPG

Star Tours

I'd also looove to see One Man's Dream
onemans2.jpg

I've never been in here and it's basically a museum. Helllllo!

Other attractions worth trying to catch if time allows:
tz-tower-of-terror-400-3.jpg

1807346154_b17a9b9737.jpg

custom_1241832523361_800px-DHS_ToyStoryMidwayMania.jpg

The park closes at 11 so that will the end of my Disney adventure!

There'll probably be a few more changes to our trip... for one I'm fairly certain our tea time will be moved to Thursday instead of Friday... Matt has to work Friday afternoon!

I have two more posts before I'll leave... we have Halloween decorations for our window that I'll share and the much anticipated Halloween costumes are revealed! :woohoo:

In one week exactly I will be at Matt's parents' house trying to get a good night's sleep before my 7 am flight to DISNEY WORLD!!!​

Just joining on the PTR. We'll be in Disney about the same time you are!!! And I have to say, after reading about the Vinylmation trading, I think I may have to steal the idea and do the same. It seems like fun:goodvibes

WOW, single digits already! So lucky! I bet you are looking forward to seeing Matt. I was talking to my sister last week and she said she's so excited for us to come down. I can't wait either. :yay:

Your plans sound great!

Just joining on the PTR. We'll be in Disney about the same time you are!!! And I have to say, after reading about the Vinylmation trading, I think I may have to steal the idea and do the same. It seems like fun:goodvibes

:welcome: That's so exciting we'll be there at the same time! Maybe we'll see each other there... and with your beautiful red hair I imagine you'll be easy to see ;)
Who knows, maybe we'll even see each other at a vinylmation trading spot... AND WE COULD TRADE WITH EACH OTHER! :cloud9:

:banana: :banana: single digits!!! :banana: :banana:
You must be so excited!!!
I cannot believe it came so quickly! Just five days left :woohoo:

WOW, single digits already! So lucky! I bet you are looking forward to seeing Matt. I was talking to my sister last week and she said she's so excited for us to come down. I can't wait either. :yay:

Your plans sound great!
Thanks so much! How does your sister like the CP so far? Matt seems to be really enjoying it. I can't wait to see their apartment complex :goodvibes

With just 5 days before my trip :-)banana::banana::banana: ) I thought I'd share the Halloween decorations I plan to hang up in our window at the Caribbean. So what if it's only the beginning of October instead of the end. Our room deserves Halloween Decorations!

IMG_0285.JPG

Window clings I found at Hobby Lobby for 40% off. Matt was very impressed with these because apparently they are the costumes Micky and Minnie are wearing for this year's Halloween promos.

IMG_0286.JPG

My mom found these at her Pat Catan's and thought they were just adorable. I thought they'll look cute "tirck-or-treating" in our window.

IMG_0288.JPG

I found these ghost lights :-)laughing: Mater from Cars: "it's the ghost light!) at Target a few years ago and hang them up every year. This year I thought they'd be appropriate in our window!

IMG_0289.JPG

Glow bracelets I'd like to hand out at MNSSHP.

IMG_0290.JPG

Mini pumpkin buckets for the mummies to trick-or-treat with :cutie:

IMG_0291.JPG

Other generic window clings to use as space filler.
IMG_0292.JPG

Up close.

Hope you enjoyed!

Coming up... Halloween Costumes!​

Love the Halloween decorations, especially the last ones. I can't wait to see the costumes! So lucky you only have 5 more days!!!

Ooh, I didn't realize how close you'd gotten (your trip snuck up on ME, too!).

the plans all sound great; I've never seen all of the 3:00 parade, either. It's always so HOT when it's going on, that we can never quite make ourselves stake out a spot.

And I LOVE the window directions; can't wait to see pictures of your window all done up :)

Awww your decorations are so cute! I would go buy some myself but if I spend one more dollar on this vacation I'll be broke before I get there :lmao: We are handing out glow bracelets too! I'm so excited about that.

So close!! Just a few more days till awesome!

SO CLOSE!!!!

AH so exciting!

I'm been going through some SERIOUS Disney withdrawal :sad2:

I've also been looking for any logic inside my brain that would tell me to do the CP. This girl on Tumblr got in and now I'm like humph. Want.

ANYWAY everyone knows the last few days are the longest, but best, days of preparation! AND packing comes soon!!! :woohoo:

Love the Halloween decorations, especially the last ones. I can't wait to see the costumes! So lucky you only have 5 more days!!!

:goodvibes Thanks so much! And now it's only 2 DAYS!!!!

Ooh, I didn't realize how close you'd gotten (your trip snuck up on ME, too!).

the plans all sound great; I've never seen all of the 3:00 parade, either. It's always so HOT when it's going on, that we can never quite make ourselves stake out a spot.

And I LOVE the window directions; can't wait to see pictures of your window all done up :)

I know! The heat is probably one of my bigger fears this trip. I haven't been to Disney during the hot months for several years. Plus the mid-day rain. Ohhhh the mid-day rain! Did you have a problem with it during your trip?

Awww your decorations are so cute! I would go buy some myself but if I spend one more dollar on this vacation I'll be broke before I get there :lmao: We are handing out glow bracelets too! I'm so excited about that.

So close!! Just a few more days till awesome!

Our trips are so close! I totally understand not wanting to spend anymore money on your trip... then you won't have any to spend AT Disney! This is probably the most I've spent BEFORE actually getting to Disney but I was really excited to try something new. That's the theme of this trip :cutie:

SO CLOSE!!!!

AH so exciting!

I'm been going through some SERIOUS Disney withdrawal :sad2:

I've also been looking for any logic inside my brain that would tell me to do the CP. This girl on Tumblr got in and now I'm like humph. Want.

ANYWAY everyone knows the last few days are the longest, but best, days of preparation! AND packing comes soon!!! :woohoo:

Oh no not Disney withdrawal! When I went through that last time I ended up on the Dis... now look at me! :scared1:
:lmao: If you have any questions about the CP, I know Matt will be more than happy to help. If it's any consolation, the only reason I didn't do the CP was because I chose to study abroad. If that's not in your agenda I bet you'll totally have the time and resources to go. Plus it looks really good on your resume :thumbsup2

I know! The heat is probably one of my bigger fears this trip. I haven't been to Disney during the hot months for several years. Plus the mid-day rain. Ohhhh the mid-day rain! Did you have a problem with it during your trip?

nah, it was no big deal. It rarely lasts long, and honestly you're really glad to see the clouds come out in the afternoon to get a break from the sun :)

With only two days left I'm not sure if I'll get another post in before leaving. Tomorrow morning I'll check into my flight. I had a dream about a week ago that I forgot to check in to my flight and ended up missing it! So I'm a little paranoid. Then tomorrow night I'll finalize all my packing, kiss my cat goodbye, and head up to Matt's parents' house. I'll get a good night's sleep and be up at 4 am ( :eek: ) and Matt's Dad will drive me to the airport.

:banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1:

So the final piece of my perfect vacation puzzle are our Halloween costumes!

As you may remember, Matt and I decided to go as Phineas:
PhineasArt.jpg

and Isabella:

Isabella.jpg

It took a while but the costumes really came together.
Here's mine:
IMG_0278.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

We had the bow made at Pat Catan's and I hot glued it to a headband. Unfortunately when I shipped a package to Matt, the headband snapped in the mail. Matt glued it but I haven't seen it since so we'll have to see if it holds. I may be going to Plan B (aka duct tape) at the last minute.

IMG_0280.JPG

I'm quite pleased.

I don't have pictures of all the components of Matt's costume (you'll just have to wait for the TR!) but I do have extensive documentation of the creation of his shirt (which is, let's fact it, the most important part).

IMG_0244.JPG

We started with an old shirt, measuring and mapping out our plan of attack.

IMG_0245.JPG

Then we painted one stripe on that shirt, just to see how the fabric paint worked (fabric paint is awesome, btw!)

IMG_0247.JPG

Next we painted the back of the shirt... we figured the back was a good place to start because if we messed up, it wouldn't be as obvious.

IMG_0248.JPG

We saved the sleeves for last because we really had no idea how we would accomplish the look.

IMG_0273.JPG

We finally figured out how to curve the line to make it look right and I think the sleeves turned out looking the best!

IMG_0274.JPG

We did have one causality... but I don't think it'll show up!

IMG_0275.JPG

Finished product!!!
IMG_0283.JPG

Oh yeah, totally worth it.

I hope you enjoyed my PTR, I'll try to post a good-bye message but if not I'll see you when I get back! Hope everyone has a great weekend :lovestruc I'll see you on the other side of a Disney vacation!!!

I LOVE the costumes! Have a great trip and a wonderful visit with Matt!!! Can't wait to hear ALL about it in your trip report! :)

Have so so SO much fun on your trip! Your costume is SO cute and you did a really good job on Matt's shirt! Wishing you good weather, low crowds, and a FANTASTIC time!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter