Have an Ebay question

dmslush

<font color="navy">If you don't let your dog poop
I just ordered some Crocs shoes from ebay. The reason that I ordered them is that it is taking forever to get them from the Crocs website, so stupid me assumed that when I won a pair on ebay, the person would actually have them in stock.

Well, after not hearing anything from the seller for a few days, I emailed them. They said something along the lines of "the manufacturer is behind, as soon as he ships, I'll ship them out to you" WHAT??? No where in the auction does the seller state that they don't have the product, nor does it state that their will be a delay in shipping. I have asked the seller to refund my paypal, and have heard nothing from them since then. Is there anything that I can do?

This happened to me last year with some disney tickets I bought. The seller never was able to get them and didn't cough up my money until about 3 months later. So, immediately contact ebay and paypal and place a claim for a refund.

If you are not sure how, click on the "live help" on ebay and they will lead you with where to go. You need the item number and date of transaction for the process.

Do it right away, as if you delay it your time frame to get a refund may pass.

I would definately let EBay know because he shouldn't be selling something he doesn't already have. I believe it's against ebay rules. :sad2:

Hope you paid by using a credit card or PayPal. Then it is easier to put a dispute on the payment.

Report them to eBay. There are specific rules concerning "presales". One is that if the person does not have the item immediately available they must include that in the auction.

I used to do presales for the Disneyana Convention. My order for logo (not limited edition) merchandise had to be in about two months before the convention and I would end the auction about two weeks prior to that. However, I clearly indicated that it was a presale and gave a specific shipping date.

You need to go to paypal and file a not received claim. A seller has 7 days to ship to be covered by paypal and must show online proof they shipped. You will get your money back for sure

And the best part is the money that is refunded to you from Paypal comes directly out of the sellers account.

If you don't know where to look---just go to the top of the page where it says Help and type in Seller did not send merchandise or something to that effect and it will give you helpful links as to what to do about not receiving your item.

Go to paypal immediately and file a claim...they have a time limit on claims.............they will investigate and you will probabkly get your money back. Also go to ebay and file a complaint............did the auction state a time period..I think ebays time period is 7 days to mail something out and then leave him feedback!!

Okay, I got a refund. I emailed the person and told them that I would be filing a claim with paypal and a complaint with ebay unless I got my money back ASAP. They had not answered my previous mail asking for a refund, but when I threatened to complain, that one they answer :rolleyes:

Of course, they said that the crocs were ready to be shipped today.. blah, blah...

But anyway, thanks for the advice and pointing me in the right direction!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter