Have adult costumes at MNSSHP gone too far?

I think adults dressing up for Halloween at Disney World, IN GENERAL, is "going too far". :confused3

Really? :confused3
As long as the costume isn't vulgar, I don't see why it would be "too far" to dress up. How would it be different from dressing up to take your kids trick or treating?

Besides, at Disney, everyone is a kid :)

I saw some young teens in some pretty revealing costumes in previous years, though those girls were with their parents so I guess Disney thought it was okay.

I LOVE the elaborate adult costumes at the Halloween Party. Checking out other people's costumes is actually an added bonus for me! This year I didn't see anything particularly scary or offensive in the adult department. There was one guy dressed as Jack Skelton in a mask and the kids were going crazy for him, but he was very nice and would wave to the kids, but I don't think he posed for pics.

As a CM I have to be extra careful. I have a homemade Cheshire Cat costume which I will wear to the Partys. It is obviously not a professional costume and I do not wear a mask. To be sure that I was not in any violation I had checked with Park Management as I have had Guests ask me to get in a photo with them. I was told there is no problem with having pictures with Guests provided they are the ones who approach me and that I do not take actions to initiate the request.

I'm with you on this one! My 4 year is currently spooked by skeletons. I showed him the Boo to You parade and when he saw the 3 skeletons on the float go by he freaked out (and that is on a Disney float)! I can only imagine if someone wore something spooky how he would react.

My son wouldn't even watch Pirates of the Caribbean when he was 12, because he was scared of the pirates that turned into skeletons after dark!! :rolleyes:

We are going next week (yay, I said NEXT WEEK!!). I'm going to be a "Good Witch", and my DS is going to be Frankenstein (He's 6'3"). We're going to get our faces painted for it, and will make sure to ask the face painter not to make him look "friendly" :goodvibes No blood or mean faces.

I personally, think the Grave Diggers are scarey looking!!

I didn't see anything too crazy on 9/30 but I did see some cool costumes and a few kids that I just plain felt bad for... Like the little girl dressed as Bo Peep. She was wearing boots with heels, and she hadn't even made it from the turnstiles to the tunnel before she looked like she was in agony and complaining that her feet hurt from trying to walk in those things. I'm sure it was a long night for her. My favorite thing I saw all night was a family dressed as crayons. So cute!

cd0dd105.jpg

We got stopped a few time by guests at MK to take our photo. A CM told us not to let them. We didn't see why?:confused3

Because you were dressed like Disney characters. That's why they didn't want you taking pictures with kids.

I see nothing wrong with adults dressing up.. I also see nothing wrong with a few scary costumes here and there. If your child is afraid, that is the perfect opportunity to explain to them that those are just "people" dress up as he/she is dressed up. If you take your child trick or treating, don't you come across "scary" costumes?
If too many people complain, Disney may get like Universal and not allow any costumes... and that is one thing, I would not like to see...

I think adults dressing up for Halloween at Disney World, IN GENERAL, is "going too far". :confused3

everybody SING:
"every party needs a pooper, that's why we invited you...."

If you have the nerve to let go of your inhibitions, have fun and wear a suitable costume, i say DO IT!

DH and I are going as ghosts from the Haunted Mansion...he is generic and I am the opera singer.

Last year we were pirates and several people thought we were cast member, asking for photos and a few even thanked us for 'all our hard work'. What could we say but 'thank you'?

cd0dd105.jpg

We got stopped a few time by guests at MK to take our photo. A CM told us not to let them. We didn't see why?:confused3
First of all, I think you've found your look!
I was going to assure you that cm misunderstood the rules, but Brad and Cheshire Figment covered it quite well.

I dressed up as Sally and actually handmade my costume, I put up a pic on the official MNSSHP thread and I got a lot of compliments on it, especially by CM's.

I will say I was very surprised by the Parade as it was scarier than it was last year. Not even by the villians, but by the Haunted Mansion float mostly- the dancing corpse, then the zombie gravediggers. I know Halloween has a creepier parade, but it wasnt like that last year, at least not to me. Am I the only one who thought this?

DH and I were at the party on the 28th. We were there for the first time last year as well. I didn't notice anything different about the parades between last year's and this year's parades.

I did notice more costumes this year - both on adults and children. I saw 3 awesome costumes that were my favorites this year. In the "stretching room" in the Haunted Mansion, there are 4 pictures. Well, 3 guests were dressed almost exactly like the characters in those pictures! Very original! And I saw other guests ask to take their pictures as well. I would have liked to too, but didn't have my camera. :)

Our family all dressed up as characters from Wizard of Oz. My husband was the Tin Man and was stopped twice and asked to take picture with little girls dressed up as Dorothy. We had a blast in our costumes though, it was fun when people would see us all together and start naming out who we were. The Tremaine sisters pointing out that my 3 year old had a tail made my night they were so cute with her!

We saw some revealing costumes but nothing scary.

My dad dressed as Zorro for a MNSSHP last year and he actually had cast members asking to take a pic with him! I guess it depends on which CMs are working that night. :confused3

I didn't see any "scary" costumes, but there were some really naughty ones. Like we met up with a girl dressed as a belly dancer on the bus to MK. Her breasts were literally bouncing out her costume. Then I saw "Hooker" Snow White. I was pretty offended by that girl's costume since her butt was almost hanging out. Ew!!!

My dad dressed as Zorro for a MNSSHP last year and he actually had cast members asking to take a pic with him! I guess it depends on which CMs are working that night. :confused3

I didn't see any "scary" costumes, but there were some really naughty ones. Like we met up with a girl dressed as a belly dancer on the bus to MK. Her breasts were literally bouncing out her costume. Then I saw "Hooker" Snow White. I was pretty offended by that girl's costume since her butt was almost hanging out. Ew!!!

LOL, "Hooker" Snow White. I went to a halloween costume store over the weekend, and almost every costume they had for women was sleezy looking. :confused3 There weren't any "Lady" Pirates, there were only Pirate "Wenches"...no regular nurses, just "Fantasy" nurses, you get the picture! :headache:

Two years ago, my DD's and I dressed up. I received a ton of attention from party goers (even a professional costume maker) and cms for my Ursula and posed for tons of photos. (not knowing it was forbidden) The DD's were Mary Poppins and White rabbit. DD White Rabbit had people asking for information because of her little red jacket, she really looked like a CM to all those poor unfortunate souls who couldn't find their way.

I can totally understand the liability issue for Disney, so they have to put the no picture policy out to cover their butts.

We LOVED MNSSHP!

I'd LOVE to see a photo of your costumes. They sound wonderful

Where are these 'policies' posted? I still think you'd have a heck of a time stopping someone from taking pics of anybody / anywhere in a disney park that is in public view. ie: obviously restrooms and places like that are off limits, but lines / attractions etc dont see anyway without totally prohibiting photography they could enforce it.

Im going in less than 2 weeks and I was actually planning to wear my medieval dress, ive been wearing to lots of Fantasy Fairs in my country, during MNSSHP. Would that be too good of a costume so that Disney wouldnt approve of it?

671343230_6_g7Kd.jpeg

Im going in less than 2 weeks and I was actually planning to wear my medieval dress, ive been wearing to lots of Fantasy Fairs in my country, during MNSSHP. Would that be too good of a costume so that Disney wouldnt approve of it?

671343230_6_g7Kd.jpeg

as long as the dress isn't very revealing (it IS family entertainment, after all) I would think it would be fine. You see all sorts of costumes there and I personally like the more creative Un-Disney ones myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter