Have A Stitchin' Good Time!! WDW & The Dream in March '13! NEW 3/20!

Hi everyone!!! I'll be back tonight to do some replies, but I just wanted to say:

IT'S 70 DAYS TODAY!!!! :cool1::yay::dance3::banana:

Woohooo!!! Happy Thursday, everyone!

Hi everyone!!! I'll be back tonight to do some replies, but I just wanted to say:

IT'S 70 DAYS TODAY!!!! :cool1::yay::dance3::banana:

Woohooo!!! Happy Thursday, everyone!

That is AWESOME!!!! I am behind, as usual, but it looks like I logged in on a great day to dance with you!!!

:dancer::dancer::jumping1:party::dance3::cheer2: :dance3:party::jumping1::dancer::dancer:

LOVE your Countdown Calendar! AMAZING!!!

Plans are sounding great! Hope your hubby is feeling better. My girls are now sick...ugh. They have missed the first 2 days back at school after Christmas break.

Love your countdown! Do you just put it up on the wall, or do the pieces connect somehow? I think we will start our countdown at 30 days, but now that we can do online check-in at 60 days, maybe we will start it then!

I have NEVER seen the opening show. No one ever wants to get up early enough. That is changing this trip! We will not have another family with us to dictate what time we leave the resort! :) In fact, I have a RD planned at least once at each of the parks, but I am mostly looking forward to MK! Can't wait to see what else you have planned!

Hi! Brian is finally feeling better, but doesn't have all of his energy. We got more antibiotic, and then a phone call from the dr telling us that it was pneumonia! He is recovering, though! I hope yours is feeling better too!! I hope the girls feel better soon too!!

We have a posterboard on the door with squares on it. That way, D can match the number on the poster to the number of the square. :). I will post pics this weekend!

The opening show is the BEST at MK! I love it so much!! We are morning people, so we love to see it, but We always miss Wishes because we're not "night" people. Hoping we can flip it around!! :rotfl2:

My kids LOVE the Tomorrowland Speedway so I can relate. They have to go on it at least 4-5 times during a trip! This puts a serious wrinkle in our touring plans :goodvibes because the wait times do go up a bit during midday, so it's always nicer to go back-to-back in the mornings.

Oh yes. . .it never seems to matter what the wait time is for that one! We're in line no matter what!

Hey Brooke...don't know how I missed your Christmas photos before....what a sweet gift for your Mom & Dad :goodvibes the kids look like they had so much fun together! and Santa did great on the gift choices! your mom's tree is very pretty, think she likes snowmen!
love the countdown MH's! your getting closer to starting them!

Awww thanks!! We were so glad they liked it! Yes, mom LOVES her snowmen :rotfl2:.

Yep, the countdown calendar went up today! I will have pics to share this weekend!! I haven't gotten to read your Haiti report yet--can't wait to do that!! I am so happy y'all made it home safely! :hug:

That is AWESOME!!!! I am behind, as usual, but it looks like I logged in on a great day to dance with you!!!

:dancer::dancer::jumping1:party::dance3::cheer2: :dance3:party::jumping1::dancer::dancer:

LOVE your Countdown Calendar! AMAZING!!!

Hi!! :cool1:no worries about being behind. . .i'm always behind! Thanks for dancing with me! Starting to get super duper excited here!!! :banana:

Thank you!!! :banana:

Awww thanks!! We were so glad they liked it! Yes, mom LOVES her snowmen :rotfl2:.

Yep, the countdown calendar went up today! I will have pics to share this weekend!! I haven't gotten to read your Haiti report yet--can't wait to do that!! I am so happy y'all made it home safely! :hug:

Hi!! :cool1:no worries about being behind. . .i'm always behind! Thanks for dancing with me! Starting to get super duper excited here!!! :banana:

Thank you!!! :banana:

can't wait to see the calendar!
I've just posted day 1 so far, megan was home sick today...she's feeling better though tonight :goodvibes

Love the countdown and day 3 plans!!! I can't believe how close it is getting and that cruise docs come soon!!! :)

I'm so excited that it's coming soon too! I can do online check-in for our resort a week from today! :cool1:

Ok, here we go with a little countdown party update:

Last Thursday (1/10) was our 70 day date. Like I've told y'all, that's a big one for us, because the countdown calendar goes up! The calendar goes on the door leading to our garage so that we put the square up before we leave every morning. We were so excited to finally have it up!

Changing the wipe-off calendar that morning before getting the guys up:

IMG_2231_zpsd01f0f2c.jpg

Then, once we got ready for school/work, it was time to put the 1st square up! D was a little sleepy, but he was excited!

IMG_2232_zps1751cb5a.jpg

Work has just been NUTS this week, and that day was no different. We decided to celebrate our 70 day out theme (which was "Under the Sea") with a dinner at Red Lobster. Not good for my diet, but it tasted SO good!!

Me & D waiting for our table:

IMG_2234_zps3a2fab25.jpg

D & Brian at dinner:

IMG_2236_zps2d3d9e68.jpg

While we were at dinner, we discussed different things about our trip. According to D, he is most excited about riding Dumbo and meeting characters!! :cool1: Brian and I are just excited about getting away as a family!!

We are at 67 days today. . .getting closer and closer! I told Brian today that there's not much to do right now, but in about 3 weeks, the "get it all done" rush will be ON!!!

Hope y'all are off to a good week! Tomorrow, I'll be back with more plans!

the calendar turned out so cute! nice way to celebrate 70 days!
hope this week will be a bit calmer :goodvibes

I love the countdown!!! Yay for 70 days!!!!!!! I tried to tan today as it was 80 degrees outside but I think my FL skin is used to the sun now because I didn't get a thing haha. I have 70 days to get a base tan before the trip :)

the calendar turned out so cute! nice way to celebrate 70 days!
hope this week will be a bit calmer :goodvibes

Thanks!! Today I'm home with D--he's sick. :sick: but I'm hoping for a calmer week too!!

I love the countdown!!! Yay for 70 days!!!!!!! I tried to tan today as it was 80 degrees outside but I think my FL skin is used to the sun now because I didn't get a thing haha. I have 70 days to get a base tan before the trip :)

I need to tan too! Got to get that going!! I am so pale I'd scare people!! :rotfl2:

Thanks!! Today I'm home with D--he's sick. :sick: but I'm hoping for a calmer week too!!

I need to tan too! Got to get that going!! I am so pale I'd scare people!! :rotfl2:

hope little man feels better...Megan was home sick Thur & Fri, but back at school today...

you pale :rotfl: I must be a ghost then :rotfl:

I pray that little cutie feels MUCH better very soon!

LOVING the countdown and excitement for the trip... the anticipation is so fun and makes a bad day :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

hope little man feels better...Megan was home sick Thur & Fri, but back at school today...

you pale :rotfl: I must be a ghost then :rotfl:

I hope Megan is feeling better! I know it's been constant with stuff going around here!! D is still dragging, but I think he can go back tomorrow. I definitely have to get some tanning going!! You are so not a ghost!

I pray that little cutie feels MUCH better very soon!

LOVING the countdown and excitement for the trip... the anticipation is so fun and makes a bad day :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Thank you!! We're getting there with him feeling well! I definitely love the countdowns...you're right, they pick up the downer days!! I hope all of you are doing well, too!! :goodvibes

I'll have another trip plan update tomorrow!! :banana:

I hope Megan is feeling better! I know it's been constant with stuff going around here!! D is still dragging, but I think he can go back tomorrow. I definitely have to get some tanning going!! You are so not a ghost!

happy little man is feeling better...give him a hug from us! well I'm pretty close to it...I never get very tan even when I use to lay in the sun, have to be very careful so I don't burn...Megan is just as bad...spend LOTS of $$ on sunscreen

Thank you!! We're getting there with him feeling well! I definitely love the countdowns...you're right, they pick up the downer days!! I hope all of you are doing well, too!! :goodvibes

I'll have another trip plan update tomorrow!! :banana:

yay! I need to get some planning going for Megan's bday trip too!

Our Magic Kingdom Must-Do Tradition:

We started this on D’s first trip to WDW, and we have done it ever since. On our first trip, he had just turned 14 months old, and he had just started walking about a week before we went. We knew we wanted to do a “Passage of Time” photo of sorts with him, but we had to find something that might not change for a while. We make it a point to get this shot on every trip!

So. . .here they are. . .Dalton’s “adventures in Adventureland”:

IMG_0694.jpg

*at 14 months, in October 2009

IMG_1654.jpg

*at 16 months, in December 2009

IMG_3581.jpg

*at 22 months, in June 2010

IMG_1358_zps3c426fe3.jpg

*at 3 ¾ years old, in June 2012

Love these pics!!

After we wind up our picture taking (with many more of the castle, Partners, and all of that goodness!!), it'll be time for more rides, we have a fun ADR (more about that in the Dining Portion) and then we will probably say a magical good-bye to Magic Kingdom and head out for the last time for this trip!!

We will go back to Wilderness Lodge then, nap, rest up, and then pack everything up to get ready for the cruise portion. We have another fun ADR that night, and then maybe we can watch EWP from the “beach”. We will also have to get a snack from the Lounge, too!

I made extra plans for Day 4 (instead of our original plans), so we’ve got to be all packed and ready to hit it the next day!

I love all the photos of you and Dalton...he's such a little cutie :)

hey, leaving us hanging with your ADR's...no fair :rotfl2:

Such a cute photo idea! I have been thinking about doing that too, I just can't decide which pic to replicate! I have one of the girls in front of the castle, but I can't remember exactly where I was when I took it. It is not the "regular" in front of the castle shot.

I tell you, it seems like everyone is sick! This week, it is my turn :sick: It is just a sinus infection, but man is it painful! I never realized how much I bend down during the day, until I did it with pain and pressure in my face! We mommas do too much bending down! :) Hope everyone in your house is getting healthy!

I love all the pictures! My mom started a tradition when we stayed at WL and that was to stand next to the totem pole by the gift shop. It was very memorable seeing that year after year!

I'm sorry I missed so many updates! I'm all caught up now! I hope that you had a great Christmas and New Years (although judging from this report, I'd say you did :)) I love your Adventureland picture tradition - so cute! Your trip is really coming up fast! Are you going to be writing a TR for this trip (I"m sorry if you've mentioned that and I missed it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter