Have a rental car reservation but do not pick up car?

juju

DIS Veteran
If we have a reservation through Costco, but do not pick up the car (I don’t anticipate this but just checking) and do not cancel in advance, will be charged?

It's rude
If we have a reservation through Costco, but do not pick up the car (I don’t anticipate this but just checking) and do not cancel in advance, will be charged?
How rude. Rental agencies will geneerally honor your reservation until midnight. Cancel even if its after your pickup time. If you don't want to tell the truth say something like a friend surprised me and picked me up at the airport. Unless something has changed there is no penalty for a no show for a car rental only.

Part of a package. Its prepaid and subject to cancellation terms.

I agree, especially these days with car shortages, that it would be extremely rude. Don't know how old this is, but found it on the costco travel site -

What if I forget to cancel my rental car reservation?​

If you book a rental car through Costco Travel and forget to cancel it, don't worry. Costco Travel does not collect any payment information upfront, so you won't get charged. If you don't pick up your car, the rental location will mark you as a no-show, void your reservation, and give your car away.
Please note, this policy does not apply to prepaid rentals booked directly with the rental company or for rentals included in vacation packages.

It's easy to cancel online at any time, and there are no cancellations fees, even day of reservation. If you decide day of not to pick up the car, I recommend you cancel just to help them with their inventory. I don't think you would be charged for a no-show because Costco Travel's rental car terms do not indicate that.

If you're worried about arriving late from a flight and taking alternative transportation rather than the rental car, for example, just cancel the reservation even though it's after the pick-up time.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter