Have a Re-sale Question

3DisneyKids

More Drink, Less Run...Since 2008
You have all been so helpfu; and offered so much advice that I don't dare make a purchase without running it by you first!

Most seem to agree that when you find the perfect contract, don't let it go. At face value, this seems be the "right" contract for me, but I have a few concerns.

Here are the details

Listed by: ***********
ppp: $89
use year: Feb

My concerns:

I want to go through Tom at the TSS due to spectacular reputation. Don't know anything about ***********.

The points, use year, and resort are good for me, BUT $89 pp seems a bit high to me. Is this because it is a "small" contract? Or is it simply over-priced? The TSS is selling BWV for $80 - $82 pp (also with points coming at tne beginning of the use year...none are stripped).

So---your advice? Do it or not?

While my usual advice on small contracts is to not quibble, I usually apply this more to the 25 and 50 point contracts. I know these ones get bought with lightening speed. I have never really noticed the 100 point contracts going as fast.

If you feel uncomfortable with the asking price, then make an offer for an amount that you are comfortable with. They can accept or reject it. I think if you take the asking price plus closing costs, you would be paying the same as what Disney charges.

What makes this contract more special than the other ones you have seen?

Not much advice, but just my two cents.

that is a high price for BWV - looks more like a BCV.

as NJOYURLIFE says offer less and see what they say.

I just closed on BWV, 100 pts, June use year. $85 pt. All points available 6/06 from TSS.

Thanks for the opinions so far. I think I will "place an order" so to speak with TSS and when something similat to what I want becomes available, they'll give me a call...

I'm the OP an another very active thread here...getting advice on points are points vs. buy where you want to stay....and I still keep flip-flopping in my mind which is the right home resort for my family! Oh well...the planning and checking out all of the resorts has been tons of fun, so I'm not complaining.

Make sure you consider ALL factors when you price out a contract. TSS is extremely versed and will NOT hold anything back on advise. You have nothing to loose by calling. Remember, the price sold may not necessarily pass Disney's ROFR, so keep that in mind when you make an offer.

I recently sold my 125 points BCV through TSS and I had a buyer within a couple of hours posting on their website. I highly recommend them.

If it's exactly what you want in terms of use year and number of points, don't let $300-400 get in your way. Of course you can offer less. Offer a lower price or splitting fees if you want.

I know who the re-seller is who gets asterisked out on these boards...I have purchased from her (actually, I have purchased from each of the "big 3"). I found her to be extremely kind and professional. I would certainly not have any issues buying from her (or any of the "big 3") again.

100 pt contracts are hard to find....if you want it, go for it!!

:wave:

Beca

Adding my $.02--100 pts for $89 is too high, if there are no pts until 2006. For this price, you can go with Disney direct, and tell your rep that you will waitlist for the resort you want. You would get current points from Disney, too, which is a better value. Either that, or wait for something with current points, banked points would be a big plus. By the way, TTS has recently begun asking top price for timeshares, great for us sellers, but not such a good deal if you are buying... ;)

Is it just that I had not paid close attention for awhile, or are there a higher number of small contracts on the resale market now?

tiberius said:
Is it just that I had not paid close attention for awhile, or are there a higher number of small contracts on the resale market now?

We're looking for a small VWL, none around that I know of!

rwc :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter