Haunted Wagon Rides at FW

MichelleTO

Mouseketeer
Other than the information on the dates and where to purchase tickets that the DIS has posted, does anyone know any other details about this event and or has anyone ever experienced this in previous years?

bumping. :Pinkbounc

I'd love to hear about other's experiences with this and how early in the evening do they start.

bumping again.

Anyone do this? Especially wondering on how well the adults enjoyed it? We're kids at heart so we're not looking for serious scare factor here just a fun Disney evening. This is the day after we arrive and the following 3 nights are going to be late nights so this sounds like a nice relaxing way to end the night so I'd really love to hear more on if others thought it was worth the time or not.

Thanks!!!!

Hi -
Since no one has jumped in on this thread for you guys, I thought i would share our family's experience at the Ft. Wilderness Haunted Hayride from 10/02. We are going again in a few weeks, but they won't be even starting the hayrides til after we leave, and I am bummed.
Itz a bit of a pain to get to Fort Wilderness, depending on where you are staying - we were at WL at that time so I think we might have just taken the boat over. We took the bus to Pioneer Hall, found the times for the hayrides were staggered and we'd have to wait for the 8:30 PM ride. I purchased the tickets right there - hadn't made ressies- I think $12 per adult and $8 per child. Decided to do the Trail's End Buffet since we hadn't had dinner and the prices were great - not worth doing the snack bar thingy again with the endless chicken fingers. Kids enjoyed ribs and mac & cheese and I got the recipe for the bread pudding!
By the time we finished - time for the Haunted Hayride. I am guessing the whole thing was 30-40 minutes long - we all piled into a haqywagon and off we went, accompanied by a CM narrator in costume. A stop along the way picked up a weird looking old guy - my kids were a little scared but okay after a minute or two. He tells the story of Ichabod Crane and there are surprises along the way. The grand finale is terrific - I won't spoil it for you but my kids were only slightly scared, more thinking it was VERY cool!
They are really disappointed we will not be able to do Haunted Hayride this visit - but we will make the MNSSHP on October 6th, so they are more than excited about that!
Worth the trip to FW - we did have a bad old bus and a grumpy driver - sometimes it happens - otherwise, CM's were terrific throughout -
Any other questions,please feel free!!!

That does sound like fun. And I love going over to FW. Think I'll add it to my to do list!

they canceled this last october, I rember people talking about it but I dont think anyone ever said why,
even our trail guide said he know but couldnt tell us,

IwasatWDWforamonth said:
they canceled this last october, I rember people talking about it but I dont think anyone ever said why,
even our trail guide said he know but couldnt tell us,
I think it was because there was Hurricane damage on the trail that the ride follows.

We did this in 2003 and are going back this Oct it's a neat experience.

Are the hayrides pulled by horses? Would the ride be more approporiate for young kids, or would teens enjoy it too?

Yes they are pulled by horses. (Many are kept in the stables at FW) When we did the trip in '03 there were families and kids of all ages. I believe though they recommend it for 6 or maybe 8 and up.

Thanks melomouse!!!! It sounds fantastic and I can't wait to be able to do it!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter