• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haunted Mansion???

permanentlyengaged

Earning My Ears
Just checked the calendar for my trip 9/30 through 10/3 and there's no mention of the Haunted Mansion being down for the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay as it usually is when I go at that time of year.

Are they not doing it this year? Frankly, I'd be thrilled to see the Mansion in its original glory.

eairlyier in the year there was alot of talk about this... with the anverisary everyone was wondering if they were going to change it over this year or leave it or maybe even change it just for christmas. I'm not sure to all the details since i havn't been here in 4 months but thats what i remember from back in march lol.... i hope someone knows i was just thinking about that this morning too!!!

They seem to be updating the calendar very slowly and are only up to 9/10 at this point (so the dates of your trip are not available yet). September 10 is the first day that says the Haunted Mansion will be closed for refurbishment. I assume this is for the overlay.

There has been confirmation on a couple of different websites that the Haunted Mansion Holiday is definitely back this year (including Micechat and D23, I think). It has been promoted as a big part of the Halloweentime season, and Jack Skellington is even the "Master of Scareamonies" for the new Halloween fireworks. The reason why HM is not shut down on 9/30 is because Halloweentime begins on September 25 this year, and so HMH has to be up and running by then. So it will shut down on 9/10 and then reopen as the HMH on 9/25 or maybe slightly before that.

l’amore bella;32950184 said:
They seem to be updating the calendar very slowly and are only up to 9/10 at this point (so the dates of your trip are not available yet). September 10 is the first day that says the Haunted Mansion will be closed for refurbishment. I assume this is for the overlay.

That seems silly since the party for the anniversary is on 09/9/09 and with all the hype about the mansion its appearing on the D23 magazine, there releasing a new sound track, the Marie doll, but i guess it is possible. IMO they SHOULD NOT do the overlay this year. We are not celebrating the anniversary of TNBC we are celebrating the mansion, I dunno I guess it just bugs me. Bummer if it happens. Im gonna sniff around www.doombuggies.com and see if I cant find out anything. To the op I hope its open on your trip!

As I stated in my above post, HMH is DEFINITELY happening this year. Halloweentime begins on September 25th, and HMH will be part of it. This info is directly from the D23 website:

Halloween Time Returns to Disneyland Resort!
07.18.09 - Returning to life September 25 and continuing through November 1, Halloween Time brings fun for all ages to the Disneyland Resort with new screams at Space Mountain and a new, nightly fireworks show. Halloween Time offers families a chance to interact with some of Disney's most beloved characters, dressed in seasonal costumes at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure parks. It also gives guests a unique opportunity to experience some spooky fun with Disney's more sinister characters, the Disney villains.

For older kids and adults, Halloween Time offers a new attraction: Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland at Disneyland. For the first time, riders will experience not only the thrill of flying through the galaxy, but the exhilaration of ghosts and ghouls screaming through space trying to contact them. Creepy creatures lurk around every turn as the eerie attraction provides thrilling drops like never before.

New this year is a fireworks spooktacular that will haunt the nighttime sky throughout the Halloween season. Jack Skellington, the Master of Scaremonies, invites everyone to join in the celebration, including a cast of Disney villains who get into the sprit with a wicked sense of fun.

Jack Skellington also returns to take over the Haunted Mansion and bring back "Haunted Mansion Holiday" to New Orleans Square in Disneyland. Transformed to a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas tradition, "Haunted Mansion Holiday" is inspired by the classic animated film Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. Jack and his friends provide plenty of havoc and surprises as they celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Haunted Mansion in their unusual style.

For not-so-scary fun, Halloween Time offers special pleasures for children and parents. Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland will again transform for the Pumpkin Festival, where more than 300 "non-identical" pumpkins will be on display in shop windows. Meeting favorite Disney characters will be easier than ever as they stop to greet guests at designated areas on Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland and Sunshine Plaza in Disney's California Adventure.special meet-and-greet areas will be located throughout Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure.

Also available throughout both parks are special Halloween treats, including enjoyable Halloween menu items such as Zero's Ghostly Ghoulash served in a dog dish in honor of Zero, Jack Skellington's beloved pet dog. Special Halloween Time gifts can be found in Disneyland Resort shops. Gifts include jack-o-lantern mouse ears and collectable pins depicting Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their friends in Halloween costumes.

Guests will enjoy spine-tingling fun in Disney's California Adventure at the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, where a "supernatural" event happened on Halloween evening, 1939, forever haunting the building.

Also at Disney's California Adventure, Sunshine Plaza becomes "Candy Corn Acres." Mickey's pal Goofy is up to his tricks once again, attempting to wow the world with his unusual candy corn treats. Candy corn carrots, candy corn pumpkins and candy corn signs are just a few of the candy corn items Goofy is preparing.

Back by popular demand is "Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party," a one-of-a-kind celebration that returns to Disney's California Adventure for 12 nights in October (2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 and 31). This separate ticket, nighttime event gives children and their families a chance to dress as their favorite princesses, goblins or heroes, and trick-or-treat throughout the park. It's the ideal environment to have fun, eat special holiday treats, play interactive games, listen to "spirited" music and watch a nightly character cavalcade that celebrates the season.

:mad:
There has been confirmation on a couple of different websites that the Haunted Mansion Holiday is definitely back this year (including Micechat and D23, I think). It has been promoted as a big part of the Halloweentime season, and Jack Skellington is even the "Master of Scareamonies" for the new Halloween fireworks. The reason why HM is not shut down on 9/30 is because Halloweentime begins on September 25 this year, and so HMH has to be up and running by then. So it will shut down on 9/10 and then reopen as the HMH on 9/25 or maybe slightly before that.

Is there any chance that they might get done early with either SM or HM before the 25th and open it? or will they wait till the 25th to open them even if they are done?
I am going the 16-23 and am bummed that I might miss both of these. :headache::guilty:

They are bringing back the dog bowls!!!! Man this is going to be an awesome halloween at Disneyland!

:mad:

Is there any chance that they might get done early with eather SM or HM before the 25th and open it? or will they wait till them before they open it even if they are done?
I am going the 16-23 and am bummed that I might miss both of these. :headache::guilty:

DLR will sometimes do the "soft openings" of rides. So if they are done with installing the HMH overlay before the 25th, they very well may open it up on the 23rd or so - even just for a few hours. Same thing with SM - if they are done with that ahead of schedule, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do a soft opening a couple of days early. They have done this for HMH and for IASW Holiday in the past. And since the SM Ghost Galaxy is brand new, they may be chomping at the bit to show it to the public. I guess the thing is that you won't know until you get there. I doubt they would open up HMH or SM any earlier than the 23rd, even for a soft opening, but just make sure you hover around those two areas on the 23rd, just to see if you can catch a sign of an early debut/preview!!! Maybe you can even slyly ask a CM in NOS or TL if there is any chance of a soft opening and see if they wink at you or seem to have secret knowledge!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter