Haunted Mansion Rooms?

rainynight

Mouseketeer
I heard a few years ago about Disney doing some Haunted Mansion themed rooms. What ever became of that? Was it completely written off or did it just get postponed? Cause that was one of the best ideas ever I think :)

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I'm having no luck with searching.

O.M.G. That is one of the best ideas EVER! :thumbsup2 (Personally) I would be all over that way before one of the royal guest rooms. It's funny though, my husband and I were there last night and he was saying how cool it would be if they had a few extra rooms in the Hollywood Tower Hotel...kinda like the Castle Suite. I would be way more likely to stay in a Haunted Mansion themed room though. ::yes::

they had a survey quite a while ago and i do remember responding that i would like to see something like a royal suite. but so many things evolved all over the place, the princess suites, pirates suites, haunted themes. the only thing i have really seen is the refurb of the rooms at POR or themed rooms at AOA. that's about it. but haunted themes would be neat for some :cool2:

The whole reason we are staying at POR is because it reminds us of the do haunted mansion (and the banjo player in potc in dl). Id book a haunted room even if the cost is considerably more.

That would be cool, Disney has so many projects, it is very easy to shelve an idea. they may dust it off and pull it out sometime.

If you do a search for "disney world considering haunted mansion and royal themed rooms" you'll find some articles with the original concept artwork from 2010.

I heard a few years ago about Disney doing some Haunted Mansion themed rooms. What ever became of that? . . .

1) It really was an idea.
2) The idea did not go very far.
3) They did surveys and determined it was not a good idea.
4) They were afraid it would frighten younger kids.
5) So, no-go.

TheRustyScupper said:
1) It really was an idea.
2) The idea did not go very far.
3) They did surveys and determined it was not a good idea.
4) They were afraid it would frighten younger kids.
5) So, no-go.

Concept art for it was released on the Disney parks blob at the same time as the princess rooms.

It was a great idea that died on the vine so to speak. Too bad really

Here's hoping from some jungle cruise rooms

I think it would be really great to have one big hotel and have certain ride/ attractions themed rooms. I think that idea would be awesome. Say Dumbo room....
Carnival themed, jungle cruise room, haunted mansion. What others would you think of?

I think it would be really great to have one big hotel and have certain ride/ attractions themed rooms. I think that idea would be awesome. Say Dumbo room....
Carnival themed, jungle cruise room, haunted mansion. What others would you think of?

Pirates, space/futuristic, wild west, mickey's room, etc. the possibilities with that are endless. There are many hotels that theme rooms this way, I'm surprised Disney didn't grab that idea a long time ago (or maybe they did, and it was shelved, like others said)

edit: I see the pirates already exist! http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...pirates-its-here-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

afnaechiquita said:
Pirates, space/futuristic, wild west, mickey's room, etc. the possibilities with that are endless. There are many hotels that theme rooms this way, I'm surprised Disney didn't grab that idea a long time ago (or maybe they did, and it was shelved, like others said)

edit: I see the pirates already exist! http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/attention-all-pirates-its-here-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Yes there is some pirate rooms already at one of the POR. I really think it would be a great idea. Like at the all star resorts each section is themed a little different. It would be nice to have a moderate hotel with all themed rooms from rides/ attractions.

Yes there is some pirate rooms already at one of the POR. I really think it would be a great idea. Like at the all star resorts each section is themed a little different. It would be nice to have a moderate hotel with all themed rooms from rides/ attractions.

Loving this rumor - loving this thought of a Moderate Hotel serving this niche!

tcp0421 said:

I believe the pirate rooms Are at the Carribean beach

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter