• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haunted Mansion Ring

can anyone tell me how to attach a pic to your post? I tried to attach the pic my husband took, but I'm not sure how. :confused3 I did a search, but I think I'm not wording it right. TIA.

You'll need to have your pictures digitally loaded
into your computer, of course,
then go HERE:

http://www.photobucket.com/

(or sign up for any photo-server that you like)

and follow the directions to upload your pictures to
the photo site.

You will then see each of your pictures in a window on
that site.

Copy and Paste the numbers from the "IMG Code" window
(below each picture) into your post.
Your image(s) will appear in your DISboard post after
its posted (you can click "Preview Post" to see them
before you post).

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the old "ring" located in the sidewalk as you exit the ride, not the queue?

Thanks for this post! I was there in Sept and didn't even know there was a new ring. Will definitely look for it on our next trip!!:thumbsup2

My husband made a special trip through the queue after he rode HM just to get a pic of the ring. It's in a corner of two walls, and if you're not looking down, looking for it, you'll walk right by. According to one CM, Madame Leota threw her ring out the attic window upon discovering that Master Gracey had been unfaithful.

Exactly where in the queue is the new ring?:confused3

Here is a picture the old "ring".

P1090224.jpg

Its completely gone now.

To see an example in use, its labeled E in the following pic

KH_PG_FN_double_gate.jpg

Here is a pic of the kind of fixture it is. The old one was a different style.

GroundSocket_small.jpg

Here is a pic of the new ring.

1251676722_5g9dk-l.jpg

Its epoxied to the pavement. There are stories of people trying to report a lost wedding ring to the CM's.

Thank you !:thumbsup2

Posts like this are why I visit the DIS on a regular basis, and why it has such a devoted following. Sure, some recurring discussions pop up over and over and those can get a little tiresome, but every now and then you pick up a gem like this.

On every trip my family loves it when I engage them with this type of info.

About how far back from the door where you enter the HM is it? Near the door or farther back in the queue line ???

Exactly where in the queue is the new ring?:confused3

i'm surprised nobody answered this yet. I'm even more surprised Robo doesn't have a picture with all the circles and arrows and paragraph describing it's exact location....

Anyways.... To try and describe it's location.....

If you are facing the "front" of the bathtub crypt in the new expanded queue, The ring is to the right, next to the little wall, near the intersection with the fencing that goes behind the crypt and separates the queue line as it goes back around the corner to merge with the old queue line.

Another way to see it (and possibly easier)....

as you follow the queue around and pass behind the backside of the Bathtub Crypt (With the portholes), Continue following the fence until you get to the wall. if you look over the fence, you should see it on the ground.

i'm surprised nobody answered this yet. I'm even more surprised Robo doesn't have a picture with all the circles and arrows and paragraph describing it's exact location....

Anyways.... To try and describe it's location.....

If you are facing the "front" of the bathtub crypt in the new expanded queue, The ring is to the right, next to the little wall, near the intersection with the fencing that goes behind the crypt and separates the queue line as it goes back around the corner to merge with the old queue line.

Another way to see it (and possibly easier)....

as you follow the queue around and pass behind the backside of the Bathtub Crypt (With the portholes), Continue following the fence until you get to the wall. if you look over the fence, you should see it on the ground.

Thanks! Just a little over three weeks until I'll be there to look for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter