• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haunted mansion emergency

Jenn4615

DIS Veteran
Anyone know what happened on haunted mansion ride around 2 on Friday afternoon? We sat stopped inside for about 15 mins and then it closed and they turned everyone away. I was told emts where there. Anyone know?

Out of respect for the privacy of the individuals involved this kind of info is seldom released.

Out of respect for the privacy of the individuals involved this kind of info is seldom released.

Actually it's always released. Disney has to report all injuries and deaths and it's available for public viewing. Just look up disney incidents and you'll see every incident in every park along with lawsuits and some judgments.

This incident more than likely isn't in there yet but it will be eventually.

Actually it's always released. Disney has to report all injuries and deaths and it's available for public viewing. Just look up disney incidents and you'll see every incident in every park along with lawsuits and some judgments.

This incident more than likely isn't in there yet but it will be eventually.

What if it's a health emergency rather than an injury?

Well everyone coming out that had not entered ride knew but I did not ask so it was no secret.

From what I heard, somebody thought that they saw a ghost in there.

;)

I thought the reporting of injuries etc was voluntary. There was a show recently on te DISunplugged podcast where they laundry listed the injuries at WDW USO and SW and made a point of mentioning that all of the reporting was voluntary.

Don't know about Friday but we were stopped for a good 20 minutes or so yesterday afternoon around 2pm as well. Ironically my 10 year old has always always closed his eyes for the heads that pop up from behind the gravestones. Well, we got stopped directly beside one for 20 minutes and thankfully we are well over that fear now:rotfl:
He actually said "I've been closing my eyes for 6 years for that?!":rotfl2:

I have no idea why we were stopped though.

Prayers for her family.

Glad that no one else was hurt, including the passengers on the bus. People running red lights is terrifying to see firsthand, as several years ago I just about got broadsided by someone running one, if I had gone when my light turned green. Instead he ran right into the back of a cop car, going 55 mph.

Just look up disney incidents and you'll see every incident in every park along with lawsuits and some judgments.

Just did this. Primevil Whirl seems to be a death trap for Disney cast members.

And several years ago a 4 year old died from heart failure after riding mission space. :mad:

Don't know about Friday but we were stopped for a good 20 minutes or so yesterday afternoon around 2pm as well. Ironically my 10 year old has always always closed his eyes for the heads that pop up from behind the gravestones. Well, we got stopped directly beside one for 20 minutes and thankfully we are well over that fear now:rotfl:
He actually said "I've been closing my eyes for 6 years for that?!":rotfl2:

I have no idea why we were stopped though.

I think the ride usually stops to load someone with a mobility problem. I would guess if the ride started up again without a problem, that was probably what was going on.

Cute story about your son! Sometimes, I still close my eyes at that part! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter