'Haunted Mansion' - Early Reviews

Another Voice

Charter Member of The Element
The first "fan" reviews from the test screening of Disney's The Haunted Mansion have just been posted over at Ain't It Cool News. The first review is positive/mixed, the other two are extremely negative.

WARNING - As ususal with anything written on on AICN the reviews are filled with four letter words and graphic metaphors. Please use your judgement before venturing over to the site. Also beware all three reviews do discuss the plot, specific characters and certain events in detail.

http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=16166

P.S. If anyone hasn't heard, Michael Eisner was quoted yesterday saying Pirates of the Caribbean 2 will be the last attraction-based Disney movie. What will those poor people in the writer's fellowship program do!?

*SIGH*...

Well, we'll just have to wait and see. This is much too depressing.

I still wish Tim Burton had gotten this one, It would have been so much more fitting...

at least IMHO...

Nothing to worry about in these reviews as far as this optimistic soul is concerned.

The first review was pretty good and the key quote of the three reviews was found here
But...Listening to kids around me I heard them laughing and a few of them seemed to be kind of scared.
This is perfect and exactly what I would be hoping for in this flick.

The second reviewer has an obvious dislike for Eddie Murphy and I don't believe from his tone Murphy could ever again give a scintillating performance...Thus this review is taken with a grain of salt.

The third review while bad and with no obvious bias showing speaks for itself.

Remember we heard nothing good about POC before its release...Nothing. So IMO hope springs eternal and I'm still optimistically looking forward to seeing it with the family.

Thanks Mr. Voice for the link.

Well -- you have to consider they are called Movie Critics for a reason. ;) :jester:
I am really looking forward to the movie! :)

maybe it will turn out like potc and only the people who want to like it will -
Based on the POTC totals, a LOT of people wanted to like this movie if this is true. The question is whether as many people want to like The Haunted Mansion. I personally don't feel as enthusiastic about the HM but then I'm not an Eddie Murphy fan so that may be why. I'm still hopeful though.

I figure there must be tens of millions of people out there that can't afford a family trip to WDW in this economy. But for the price of a few movie tickets, they are getting to see The World one ride at a time :-)

Originally posted by KNWVIKING
I figure there must be tens of millions of people out there that can't afford a family trip to WDW in this economy. But for the price of a few movie tickets, they are getting to see The World one ride at a time :-)

Signed,
Mike Eisner

I don't pay any attention to movie rumours. I go and see the movie and make up my own mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter