Haters: rant & ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why people are so judgmental about Disney weddings. I think they have it in their head that Mickey will be performing the ceremony and Peter Pan and Tinkerbell will be flying around sprinkling pixie dust on people! :rotfl: Most weddings I have seen on here don't even incorporate Disney. Disney is SUCH a beautiful place to have a wedding; I bet if you showed people photos of Disney weddings, but did not tell them the location, they would have an entirely different opinion. Moreso, I don't understand people who want to a. spend $50,000+ on ONE day (which is just from my experience of all the weddings here in NY that I've been to - everyone has crazy expensive weddings, whether they can afford it or not, with things that are just entirely for show) and b. want the same wedding as everyone else (again, from my experience, every wedding I have been to in NY has been the same - over the top, extravagant, and just like replicas of each other - dj's playing the same songs and dances, the same schedule, etc.) All that is rather boring, if you ask me. I love when people do something different and out of the box. I loathe conformity. Don't get me wrong, traditional weddings are nice, but not when they're completely the same. Add some variety, spice it up, be creative! That's why I love that I am having a Disney wedding - it's so different and there's so many things that can be done with it that no two weddings could possibly be the same. Plus, I won't be going into debt for merely one day! :)

When I first got engaged, I planned on having a traditional wedding - until I saw the prices! I told my own sister that I wanted to have a cash bar instead of an open bar, and she told me if I did that I was cheap and she wouldn't come! :scared1: When I told her DF and I had decided on a Disney wedding, she went off on me about how stupid it is! (Now, of course, after showing her how nice it's going to be, she is onboard and thinks she's my wedding planner! :laughing:) My point in my rant, :cool1: is that people will always be close minded until you prove them wrong. And who cares? You're Disney wedding (or VR) is going to be cooler than those witches' carbon copy weddings! :thumbsup2

Wow, those girls over at the Knot are mean girls.

I was looking for vow renewal ideas, but I think I'll stay the heck out of their way.

Tami, I'm so sorry. Don't pay any attention to that bunch.

I always love it when non-disney people ask about my wedding and I get to explain how it's going to be a 1930s style; silk charmeuse, top hats, morning coats, palm leaves, peacock feathers, and mercury glass. They always get so excited about it, then I add in a description of the Boardwalk and Beach Club area, and they always want to know where that fantastic location is. Sometimes the look on their face is priceless.... Yes, Disney can be done very stereotyped, but I honestly think my wedding is going to be far more elegant (and adult) than most of those other non-Disney brides! And so are most of the ones I see on the boards!

It sounds lovely. And the Boardwalk is a wonderful location.

I have a funny story.....kind of unrelated, but just to lift the mood!!

Most of our friends and family are really excited about our disney wedding, so they are bragging to others about it. Anyway, one of my DF's groomsman's girlfriend is like really extremely excited, so she keeps telling all her friends and coworkers about it. So I guess one day, she was telling a lawyer (she works at a courthouse) that her friends are having a "disney wedding" and his response was "Oh, well what character are you being"....hahhahah I laughed so hard!!

So than I was telling other people who are coming to our wedding about this...and apparently people have asked them the same thing!! So now our mission is to come up with characters for each of us, and to go along with it!

Anyway, a little OT, but it makes me laugh!

WOW...it's like a trainwreck! I keep trying not to read but wow...

:hug: to the OP. I think you found a new home here with us :) We all love Disney, and while some do more "Disney" in their weddings then others, we will all support you!!

That is a good idea I will definitely do that! How sad was all that? Apparently there is a WHOLE board about hating Disney brides.:mad:

I think I know what board you are talking about. They hate all things Disboard related (many are disgruntled people who got kicked off of the Dis for whatever reason). They do criticize Disbrides, but really just as much as they criticize other Disboard members.

I agree with the other posters. That other wedding site you went to is not very Disney wedding friendly. It is also full of many young & immature Bridezillas who are just looking for a fight. Ignore them-they are nothing to you.

You will be able to find all of the answers and suggestions you need on this board.

Welcome!:goodvibes

Yikes! I had to go check it out (I am a lurker here, since I'm not even near engaged...!) and was shocked. However, there were some good ideas - it only seemed like two or three people were getting super-snarky.

Don't let them get to you - over here, we know that a wedding can be beautiful, classy, Disney-themed, and NOT look anything like a child's birthday party!

Hi all - I am going to close this thread now. We all know about the other boards, and they all know about us. Let's keep their drama off of here, okay?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter