Hate my phone...need suggestions

Here's an interesting graph of phone responsiveness, showing Apple smoking the competition:

screen_shot_2013-10-10_at_12.56.41.png

And another:

Graph.jpg

[EDIT]

Try here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24034507

It's a BBC showdown of the leading smartphones out there. Very interesting when compared.

I recently lost my Samsung Galaxy 3. I used to have the Exhibit, there is no earthly comparison.

After I lost the phone, which I got for free with my Corporate Perks, I got the Iphone 4s. Again, no earthly comparison.:confused3

I've put out that I want another Samsung Galaxy for Christmas, best phone ever! :thumbsup2

My phone lags and freezes when the application data storage is full. This is not the apps on my phone, it's the cache for each app. I go through periodically and clear it for each app, it helps. At a certain point, you still have to replace a phone, but this might help in the meantime.

My best friend has the S4, she has AT&T and got her phone at Sam's Club for $50, her Mom got the S3 for 99 cents. lol So look around if you're interested in the Galaxy phones. Her phone is really really nice, when I bought my phone (I have the Motorola Droid RAZR M and LOVE it) it came down to the size of the phone. I teach line dancing at a country bar and I need to have a phone that will fit comfortably in my back pocket or in my boot if I'm wearing a dress or skirt. The RAZR M was just a tiny bit smaller but that was what I needed. I wish I had more memory space on it but at the time it was perfect for my needs. lol I do have a 16 gig SD card in my phone and have a 32 gig that I need to get ready to put in, I just have a lot of photos on my phone and don't want to delete them. lol When I'm ready for my next phone I'll look at Samsung or Motorola, I've loved my two Droids. :) DBF has an Iphone5, he's an Apple guy and won't consider Android, it really is a matter of preference. A PP suggested playing with both, I agree with that 100%.

Just going to throw this out there.... But the galaxy note 3 is far and away the best phone I have very used. Fastest, most powerful, biggest screen. Nothing comes close.

Should have updated!

We wound up with an LG F3. Couldn't afford Galaxy S3/4 (would have had to buy it outright since we refuse to go with a contract). The F3 was the nicest, fastest no-contract phone we could find for T-Mobile. I'm very happy with it so far. Snappy and responsive.

I have an iPhone 4, and up until a few weeks ago was set on upgrading to the new iPhone at the end of my contract. Then I bought a cheap prepaid Samsung Galaxy Discover for DS8 for Christmas. I love it! Since the new iOS release, my iPhone lags on everything from typing to opening apps. It sucks. When my contract is up, or sooner if I get to the point I really can't stand this phone anymore, I'm switching to the Samsung Galaxy S4. From the research I've done, it seems to be the best all-around android phone out there for what I want.

Before I start I am going to mention I am completely technology illiterate. I have had iPhones for years and my iPhone 4S is crapping out big time. Shuts off on its own, needs to be reset often, etc. I have this comfort zone, so to speak, with the iPhones since they are what I have had for years. I'm looking into the HTC one, iPhone 5 and Galaxy S4, however, since I'm due for an upgrade. Here comes my tech illiterate question... For the most part, will my apps on my iPhone get transferred over if I buy a samsung? We have iPads so if I buy apps off iTunes, I have to buy that app off another site if I want it on a phone other than an iPhone? I'm so confused! My concern is my MDE app since we are heading to WDW in 29 days! Lol I also heard the Galaxy S4 doesn't have a great battery life. Is that true?

Thanks!
Melissa

Before I start I am going to mention I am completely technology illiterate. I have had iPhones for years and my iPhone 4S is crapping out big time. Shuts off on its own, needs to be reset often, etc. I have this comfort zone, so to speak, with the iPhones since they are what I have had for years. I'm looking into the HTC one, iPhone 5 and Galaxy S4, however, since I'm due for an upgrade. Here comes my tech illiterate question... For the most part, will my apps on my iPhone get transferred over if I buy a samsung? We have iPads so if I buy apps off iTunes, I have to buy that app off another site if I want it on a phone other than an iPhone? I'm so confused! My concern is my MDE app since we are heading to WDW in 29 days! Lol I also heard the Galaxy S4 doesn't have a great battery life. Is that true?

Thanks!
Melissa

No. Different operating systems.

I made the move to an iPhone 5S and the quality is PHENOMENAL! I'd recommend trying an iPhone before dismissing it. More apps, more powerful processor, motion sensors, biometric detectors, a beautiful interface and a gorgeous finish make it a winner for me.

Also remember, Android phones are notorious for security flaws. Studies have shown that Google's push for quantity, not quality, when it comes to apps have opened up some nasty problems. You should be safe just so long as you don't enter in PayPal information or anything.

[EDIT] Be CAREFUL with Samsung phones. They were targeted by Watchdog, a consumer rights program here in the UK. They offered lots of memory but filled tonnes of it with bloatware and rubbish. Long story short, they were cheating customers. Not cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter