• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has Theme Park Purchases to Resort Delivery Returned?

Just note that if there’s something you really want, get it when you see it. I found A hoodie that I really like and thought I’d get it later in the trip. Nope. Totally gone in the size I wanted and they couldn’t find it anywhere else on property. Lesson learned to just get it when I see it.

I've had the same thing happen...more than once. You'd think I would have learned my lesson the first time! The crazy thing is that the first time it happened it was a set of wine glass charms I saw at AK on day 2 of a 7 day trip. I loved them but didn't buy them right away because I was afraid I'd find something "better" later in the week. I planned to do most of my souvenir shopping at World of Disney at the end of the week. And I had an AP that year so I knew I could just run back to AK if I still wanted them at the end of the trip and didn't see them at any other store. Fast forward to the end of the trip and I wanted the wine charms but they didn't have them at WOD (or any other gift shop I had been in). I headed back to AK to pick them up and they were gone. Even the tag on the shelf was gone. A CM knew exactly what I was looking for and she called other stores in AK (found out they were exclusive to AK) and no one had them. :(

On our next 2 trips I kept looking for *any* wine glass charms and never saw any. Then on the following trip I saw a set of wine glass charms that I really liked at our resort gift shop (AoA). I literally saw them on day 1 and said, "oh, I'll get them later in the week". Of course, when I went back to get them on the last day of our trip (after seeing several on the shelf every day), there was only one set left and it had a broken charm. I asked if they had any more in stock and the CM took the box from my hand and went to look it up on the computer. She told me that not only did they not have any more in stock, but they were a discontinued item and they wouldn't be getting more in. Oh, and she couldn't sell me broken merchandise. The good news was that they were not resort exclusive, so she suggested I check at other resorts. Walked over to Pop Century. None. We were planning to go to MK that night, so we decided to head over early and do the resort monorail loop and check at those resorts. We started at the Poly and the first gift shop there didn't seem to have them. A CM noticed I was looking for something specific and asked what it was. I told her and she said, "Oh. I know exactly what you mean. We don't have those at this store, but I was just upstairs at that gift shop and they have several on the shelf." She even told me exactly where they were. I went upstairs and got them. You'd think I would have learned my lesson after the AK wine glass charm fiasco. :D And sadly, I nearly did the same thing with a sweatshirt on our trip last year. Fortunately, I found the sweatshirt in EP on the second last day of our trip.

I think this was in response to the suggestion of transporting/hold guest purchases at the front of the parks in a central location and not for resort delivery which would be much more complicated.
Correct. :)
I figured that would be common sense since resort delivery takes a massive amount of CMs.

Even if it were only referring to in park pickup - it’s still not happening with two CMs max …
Nope, sorry, but you are the one who is incorrect. My niece used to do this. Only during the busy season do they have more on staff for package pick-up. Runners do not stay. They just leave the packages up front. The runners also do many other jobs.

Having said all that, the argument is not worth this back-and-forth. Disney is gonna do what they are gonna do.

Nope, sorry, but you are the one who is incorrect. My niece used to do this. Only during the busy season do they have more on staff for package pick-up. Runners do not stay. They just leave the packages up front. The runners also do many other jobs.

Having said all that, the argument is not worth this back-and-forth. Disney is gonna do what they are gonna do.
You’re correct - it’s not worth the back and forth as you can’t dismiss the resource expense of the runners, breakage, loss and replacement, and CM time writing up the tracking slip - but sure - the same two CMs in the whole park covering all hours of the day - 7 days a week with no breaks, lunches or time off except in the busy season … 👍

This thread was created to ask if purchase delivery has returned to either the front of the park or to resorts. It has not.

Further discussion as to why it has not returned or how many CMs it may take to accomplish this task will be removed as only Disney truly knows.

Please keep thread on track.

I miss this resort perk so much - it was wonderful when they did it.
As my DD and I go through the gift shops we take pictures of what we want and then buy the items at the end of the day - this way we don't have to carry them.

I miss this resort perk so much - it was wonderful when they did it.
As my DD and I go through the gift shops we take pictures of what we want and then buy the items at the end of the day - this way we don't have to carry them.
I may just have to do this on our May trip. Good idea of taking pics and buying them when you leave. Some folks had mentioned on a Facebook thread that they waited til later in the week, and the items were gone.

In EPCOT for Festival of the Arts, they will send artwork purchased to either entrance. I don't believe the art has to be of a certain size or dollar value to qualify. I was purchasing at ~noon and was told it would be available after 4pm. Not sure how many times per day they do deliveries. Also, something to keep in mind, I used this service last year as well and the deliveries one day were delayed due to rain - they didn't want to risk damaging any of the art.

In EPCOT for Festival of the Arts, they will send artwork purchased to either entrance. I don't believe the art has to be of a certain size or dollar value to qualify. I was purchasing at ~noon and was told it would be available after 4pm. Not sure how many times per day they do deliveries. Also, something to keep in mind, I used this service last year as well and the deliveries one day were delayed due to rain - they didn't want to risk damaging any of the art.
Last time I did this (2021), it had to total $199 to be sent to an entrance. Mine didn’t, so I just paid right there and then for them to ship it home.

Hi everyone, it's been awhile.

Is there any update on if purchases are made at a Disney park, they will be sent back to your resort? Or are they still not doing that?

Sorry if this is elsewhere, I can't find it.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone, it's been awhile.

Is there any update on if purchases are made at a Disney park, they will be sent back to your resort? Or are they still not doing that?

Sorry if this is elsewhere, I can't find it.

Thanks in advance!
No, package delivery to the front of the parks and to the resorts has not returned.

I may just have to do this on our May trip. Good idea of taking pics and buying them when you leave. Some folks had mentioned on a Facebook thread that they waited til later in the week, and the items were gone.
I’ve had the unfortunate experience of returning at the end of the DAY to find what I want gone or not in my size. If it’s something I really want, I get it as soon as I see it. If it’s large I have it shipped otherwise I pack it with me until we get back to the resort. Sad the delivery service hasn’t returned

At DHS last week, we were offered the option of purchasing a virtual locker for $10 to hold our purchases until the end of the day.

At DHS last week, we were offered the option of purchasing a virtual locker for $10 to hold our purchases until the end of the day.
Please clarify! Do we pay $10 for each shop to hold our items then go back to retrieve them individually? Or do we pay a single fee of $10, and all our purchases go to a designated pickup area?

Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter