Has the DLH refurb began?

jenpace

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the DLH in November :-)yay: ) and I was wondering if the rumors of refurbishments were true.

We love the DLH as it is but if some of the rooms have been re-done (or will be by November) then I would definitely like to know so I can request that particular tower or part of the tower.

TIA!

I've heard nothing about redoing the rooms. that would be silly if my memory serves me the just redid them a few years ago.

:wizard:Rudy

Well I guess I'm losing it then :confused: I could have sworn that I read on a few different boards within this year that they would be updating the rooms at the DLH coming up really soon.

It's hard to believe that they did this recently already. Even though we really do enjoy staying there the rooms we've always been in are anything but "fresh", KWIM?

There has been a lot of talk and rumors about massive remodels of the DLH towers. They would strip them down to the girders and redo everything from the plumbing to the wiring, etc. Last I read that was on hold as the remodel will not be as effective as they would like (addressing problems) and it may be less expensive to take the buildings down and rebuild. I think it is all on hold for the moment but you never know when new word will come out.

I have an off-topic question regarding the DLH. The CM I booked with mentioned something about the mini fridges being available upon request. Does this mean I will definitely have to request it? The PPH already had them in our rooms, are the two Disney properties different when it comes to that?

I stayed in the DLH 3 times last year in 3 different rooms and each of them had a mini fridge. I'd be surprised if you didn't get one, but I suppose they'd bring one up if it was missing.

There has been a lot of talk and rumors about massive remodels of the DLH towers. They would strip them down to the girders and redo everything from the plumbing to the wiring, etc. Last I read that was on hold as the remodel will not be as effective as they would like (addressing problems) and it may be less expensive to take the buildings down and rebuild. I think it is all on hold for the moment but you never know when new word will come out.

Thank you daannzzz...I knew I had read something about it. Hopefully they can figure out a way to update without actually tearing everything down and starting over.

Yeah I remember reading that. They wanted to strip down the towers, but that wouldn't have been good enough, so they were saying they would knock them all down! Sure hope they don't go doing that. It didn't sound like anything was set in stone.

I know in June when we stayed there, nothing had been started yet. I'm guessing you'll be fine for November!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter