Has Disney Vacation Club Appeared In Your Credit Report?

Lqqieee

Mouseketeer
I'm getting ready to purchase a mortgage for a house and I purchased DVC in June 2003. I just checked my credit report with all 3 bureaus and DVC hasn't appeared there. I was a co-signer with my boyfriend. He checked his also, and DVC isn't on his credit report either. Has anybody experienced this?

I have no first hand experience with your question; however, others have said that DVC does not appear on your credit report. Again, this is second hand info, hope it helps.

I was told that this was a private transaction and as such would not appear on my credit report.

If DVC is financed through Disney they do not report it to the credit agencies. They told us about that when we purchased but I do't remember why they said they didn't.

Other threads have reached a similar conclusion -- Disney does not report it. Just a reminder, it must be disclosed on your mortgage application whether or not Disney reports it to the credit bureaus.

it does show up under INQUIRIES though, just not as an installment account. My inquiry just says DVC and will stay on my credit report for 2 years. Just a thought.

christine

Originally posted by thechangingtable
it does show up under INQUIRIES though, just not as an installment account. My inquiry just says DVC and will stay on my credit report for 2 years. Just a thought.

christine

I just pulled my credit report and it is exactly like Christine's (it is an inquiry but not an account).

Christy

However, I heard that they do report it if you are delinquent

just checked all three reports (equifax, experian & trans union) only D.V.D. shows up on Equifax and it does show up as D.V.D. Mortgage Cos on my Equifax as an inquiry. A hard inquiry, that will stay on for 2 years unless you bump it off by checking your credit report every day using Equifax's Credit Monitoring. YMMV using that service. I have had good luck bumping off my inquiries. Happy to help!

christine

We also applied for a mortgage just 2 months ago. Bought DVC in January, 2002. Not on our credit report!

Disney did not show on my credit report.
I wanted the credit for paying it off 5 yrs early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter