Has Disney ever made a mistake in calculating a member's points balance?

Nick Beecham

Earning My Ears
Ever since joining DVC I have kept careful track of my points with a spreadsheet. For the first time in 5 years there is a slight issue: my spreadsheet is telling me that I have 190 points left in my current use year but Disney tell me I have only 183 points. I am not too concerned about a discrepancy of 7 points but would still like to know how this arose. Disney are going to send me there own statement so I can check it.

Have any other members done this and, if so, were Disney's records always correct?

Many thanks in advance
Nick

DVC can (and does) occasionally make a mistake. It usually comes when reservations have been cancelled and rebooked with the same call, but can occur in other situations.

The accounting report you will receive can also be confusing, so take your time when going over the report. It will include every transaction you have ever made by individual contract- not too bad if you have a single contract with no add-ons, but it can get cumbersome with multiple contracts with add-ons.

I always have MS recap my point totals on every phone call to make sure everything balances with my records. That way, I at least have a complete record as of a certain date and also keep the name of the CM who provided the information at the time.

Good luck, I hope it gets cleared up for you.

I just did some reservations last week and they had a computer problem where they tried to deduct 16 points for a stay that was only 13. They had to manually overide the sysytem. So you should compare your reservations points per the guide to what Disney booked to make sure there were no problems.

About 8 years ago, I banked quite a few points (don't remember how many, but it was probably over 100 points) and MS did not show them as being banked. I had lots of notes, person I spoke to, date, etc and they were able to restore them the same day after they investigated the issuue. I think the person handling my phone call was the problem.

I remember MS lost about 120 points for Rich, he tried to work with them to no avail. They showed up some few months later. If I recall, there was a glitch if one is looking far ahead and dealing with banked or borrowed points in future use years. I know I had one time when the correct points were not showing but a supervisor was able to see everything. I do know it was when we were looking far ahead, maybe almost a year or so out in both a different use year and calendar year. I wish I remembered more specifics. Maybe someone else knows more.

One time I cancelled a trip, had the cancellation number, but for some reason the system kept a night or 2 of my points, even thou the system cancelled the nights. Took awhile and lots of transfers, but member services finally figured it out. This was 3 or 4 yrs ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter