Has Disney ever canceled your reservation?

DonnaDavid

Mouseketeer
I have two package reservations for August 18-27 for free dining. I made them using my husband's Disney Visa card (couldn't book using the GP code as those dates don't include August 18-22). The reason I have two reservations is that my DD's friend is still trying to decide whether she wants to go with us; I have one reservation for CSR if it's just my immediate family of three and one reservation for two rooms at ASSp if the friend decides to go along.

I've read several times that Disney will cancel my duplicate reservations, but I would like to know if anyone has really had it happen to them. Will they contact me and give me a warning or do I just find my reservation gone?

I'm hoping that the friend will decide soon, but I don't want to pressure her as the issue is that she really wants to go with us but she's nervous about thrill rides and motion sickness. On the other hand I really don't want to lose my reservation either.

Thanks for your help.

Why would they. What if you had multiple people coming for a reunion or wedding. There no limit to the number of rooms you can book. We've had three at one time in two resorts.

I recently had 2 reservations for the same dates held for over a month while I tried unsuccessfully to contact my TA in an attempt to cancel one of them.

I've had temporary resort overlaps before, and nothing was cancelled.

Thanks. I didn't think they could really do that since I have a deposit on all of the reservations, but I have read many times on this site that Disney will cancel my reservation. I decided to see if I could really find someone who had experienced it. So far so good.

Thanks. I didn't think they could really do that since I have a deposit on all of the reservations, but I have read many times on this site that Disney will cancel my reservation. I decided to see if I could really find someone who had experienced it. So far so good.

Our next door neighbors had this happen. Last year they had 2 reservations, same dates, same people listed on each reservation while deciding between Free Dining and a Room Only. The Room Only got cancelled and their deposit returned. They received an email stating such.

I have done this about a week or two when I wasn't sure which hotel we wanted. I never had one cancelled.

They CAN do this. Disney does not allow the same guest on two reservations, and specifically will not allow the same lead guest on two rooms. Will they cancel? Who knows. Can the cancel? Yes.

One thing to do is use different email addresses and different phone numbers.

If you have the same people staying in the different rooms, and Disney realize it, they will cancel . This is to prevent people for making multiply reservations to hold rooms and then cancel after they decide on where they want to stay. Only fair to others trying to get a reservation.

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter