Has daily housekeeping returned yet?

Ikaikalani

Tee-Eye-double Guh-err
I read that the daily security checks are taking place so I wondered if daily housekeeping service is back as well???

Hahahah Well Mr. Chapek prob has it at the Four Seasons Golden Oaks and no security checks for him I am guessing.
I am at Universal Sapphire Falls No room checks. But they do advise using their Resort App for any and all requests. They left extra supplies in nice bag on the door for me. I love Universal Resorts Orlando!
Having so much Holiday Fun too!
Apparently they did try to service my room today on 3rd day. Left my sign on the door cause I wasn’t expecting it.Check out today…

Last edited:
Hahahah Well Chapek prob has it at the Waldorf… and no security checks for him I am guessing.
I am at Universal Sapphire Falls No room checks. But they do advise using their Resort App for any and all requests. They left extra supplies in nice bag on the door for me. I love Universal Resorts Orlando!
Having so much Holiday Fun too!
No security check for Chapek I'm sure, but he most likely has body guards 🤣🤣. Have a fun trip!!!

We were at CBR from 11/19-11/28 and had housekeeping every few days. Towels were replaced and our trash emptied. One time our beds were made. Have no clue if security came nothing of our stuff in drawers seemed to be touched.

We were at CBR from 11/19-11/28 and had housekeeping every few days. Towels were replaced and our trash emptied. One time our beds were made. Have no clue if security came nothing of our stuff in drawers seemed to be touched.
Thanks! If I'm correct, the 'security check ' takes place when they empty your trash.

Thanks! If I'm correct, the 'security check ' takes place when they empty your trash.
No. Trash and towels are every other day- if they get around to it. The security check, while also done by housekeeping, is done every single day and only involves removing your trash if the housekeeper feels so inclined. In my experience they never have lol.

The security check never went away during Covid.

AFAIK “daily security check” is basically eyeballs on the room for blatant weapons and signs of human trafficking- the housekeepers who do this aren’t supposed to riffle through your stuff.

daily security check” is basically eyeballs on the room for blatant weapons and signs of human trafficking-
And in case of the latter they are encouraged to fill out an application and learn more about the $500 signing bonus now offered for a limited time.:duck:

Just got back last week from a 4 night stay at the Boardwalk Inn. Arrived on Friday morning and checked out on Tuesday morning. The only housekeeping we got was on Sunday. Trash emptied and towels replaced, beds were not made which for us wasn't a big deal. I'm glad I read some posts about the housekeeping and took some trash bags or else our trash would have been overflowing.

At VGF in October, booked with cash, we had daily, full housekeeping. Just finished a four night stay at Coronado, had towels replaced and trash removed once.

Housekeeping seems so inconsistent based on what I’ve been reading here, some get full service and some don’t receive any (or very little) - I guess any more than what they’ve promised is a bonus. I will miss full service when we go in February though as I’m not expecting it.

I wonder if it is a different answer by Resort - or even by Level of Resort. We were in BCV last week for 8 days - Housekeeping came most of those days and took out trash and exchanged for clean towels. But nothing else.
We never saw a security check but we did receive DVC info and such on certain days - so I'm sure they popped in on the days Housekeeping did not.

Is housekeeping reduced to what it is right now as a cost saving measure? a covid/short staff measure? or limited cleaning as they are not operating at full capacity?

I'm curious because I am looking for a resort for around January 24th to 28th and the very limited rooms available has been surprising to me. Zero value, except AoA suites, few moderates and of course several deluxe resorts that I would rather not remortgage the house on. :)

I know that week is typically low for crowds and rooms have never been hard to come by the past 3 times we have been around that timeframe. Reservations are available for all parks, so what gives?

We were there for 6 days over Thanksgiving. Security came every single day. Sometimes more than one time per day! Housekeeping came on day 4 to replace towels and remove the trash, but did no cleaning of our room and did not change the sheets on the beds or even make the beds.

We stayed at the Swan 11/25-11/30 and we had excellent daily housekeeping. The carts were in the halls daily, much of the day, and we had trash, towels, and beds made daily. I believe they were also vacuuming daily. The Swan/Dolphin app has a chat feature if you have any requests and we requested a box fan for the room and some extra toilet paper our second night and both were brought within 20 minutes. Swan is starting to become one of our favorite resorts.

Has anyone actually ASKED for daily housekeeping and been denied it at a Deluxe resort? I know they aren’t offering it but will they do it if you ask?
We were at the CR a couple of months ago. It seemed like they hadn’t done the trash or towels in a few days so we called and asked for housekeeping. They told us we were scheduled for the following day but they could stop by and drop off anything we needed (which they did very promptly). Any time we asked, housekeeping did bring us things very quickly in fact. But we did miss the beds being made. 🙁

I just booked at Wilderness Lodge and when doing the room check in they asked if I wanted housekeeping every other day or not at all. It was the only choices

I just booked at Wilderness Lodge and when doing the room check in they asked if I wanted housekeeping every other day or not at all. It was the only choices

And keep in mind that (at least for us) during our Thanksgiving BC trip every other day "housekeeping" was take out the trash, maybe wipe the bathroom and replace any toiletries (maybe) and replace towels. We had a change of guests and when asked for a sheet change after 5 days they simply left us a clean set.

It wasn't really an issue for us but if you're looking for a true housekeeping service you may be disappointed.

Has anyone actually ASKED for daily housekeeping and been denied it at a Deluxe resort? I know they aren’t offering it but will they do it if you ask?
Answering my own question:
We just returned from our 4 nights at BC (hotel side, not DVC). We checked in around 7pm. I was offered no housekeeping at check in. I asked if we could please have full housekeeeping. She asked "for which days". I asked for days 3 and 4, since we would not need it for day 2 based on only sleeping in the room on check in night. She made a note in the iPad. When I then asked if we could have it for all 3 days, she said there may be a charge, and went to talk to someone else. She came back and said no extra charge but indicated I needed to pick only 2 days, not 3. Ok. On morning of day 3, I saw a house keeper in our hallway and asked if we were on her list. She looked confused. I asked her to clean the room and told her there was a tip there for her ($20) in the room. Room was amazingly cleaned when we returned that night. The next day, we left for early entry at 6:30am, so there were no housekeepers in the hall. Left $20 and note on the beds. Came back to room at 4pm, NOT cleaned. I called housekeeping number, told someone would call me back. Housekeeping manager called a few minutes later, said my request from check in day was not conveyed to Housekeeping. I asked if they could still service the room, and she said yes, around 6pm. No problem since we were heading back to the parks that evening. When we returned that night, room was amazingly cleaned.

So, yes you can get full housekeeping, but you are going to have to work for it. It was worth it to me to do it. The work the housekeepers are doing is excellent quality, they even left a Mickey towel sculpture on our bed! Had I not asked each day, I don't think we would have even had towel/trash, since no one ever came to the room other than the two full services that I detailed above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter