Has Charlie gone too far this time?

I'm sure they think it can go on without him, but they have to look at it as, will people still watch without him. Many of the viewers watch it because if Sheen and may not bother to give it a chance without him. The powers that be have to decide if they want to risk it.
Interesting question. After Rhoda, Valerie Harper went on to star in a family sitcom called 'Valerie'. She eventually left the show over, probably, money. She figured they'd cede to her demands - can't go on without the title character, right?

Wrong! The producers changed the title to Valerie's Family, hired Sandy Duncan to play the kids' aunt, and managed just fine without the original title character :)

Yes, I think he finally did. It's sad. I've always liked the show--I get that a lot of people don't, but for some reason, it makes me laugh--but I've got to admit that I've never really cared for him.

I don't think the show would work without his character. Jon Cryer, Holland Tyler & the other actors will get more work, but I feel for the crew. I hope something can be done for them when the show gets cancelled.

I'd love to see the show return next season without him. Either get someone else to play Charlie, or rename the show and have the rest of the cast carry on. Alan, Jake and Berta make the show.

His shenanigans should not mess with the rest of the cast and the crews' lives.

agree- I was thinking the same thing.

I only feel bad for the rest of the cast and the crew.

Charlie, himself, not a bit.

I agree. I feel bad for the rest of the cast/crew.

I think Charlie's totally lost it. He needs to keep his mouth shut and just stay out of the lime light, at least for awhile, until he gets himself straightened (if he can get himself straightened out).

Interesting question. After Rhoda, Valerie Harper went on to star in a family sitcom called 'Valerie'. She eventually left the show over, probably, money. She figured they'd cede to her demands - can't go on without the title character, right?

Wrong! The producers changed the title to Valerie's Family, hired Sandy Duncan to play the kids' aunt, and managed just fine without the original title character :)

Oh I'm not saying that there aren't shows that have been able to do it, I'm just saying that the odds are against them. I hope they try and move foward without him, but I think they are going to have to replace him and do a good job of it.

I remember Valerie and I think the advantage there was that it was still a fairly new show when Valerie Harper left and was still in the process of gaining viewers. Two and a Half Men has already been around for a while and many viewers turn in because of Sheen and may have it in their mind that the show won't be as good without him.

I agree with him that he IS the show. The other characters are funny but they basically revolve around his life, his house, his car, his girlfriends, his mother, his brother, his nephew, his stalker. I don't even want my 15yo son to watch it. It's very adult humor. I think he's a pretty typical addict, throw in insane amounts of money and a famous name.
Too bad he has to do this in the public eye. I hope he recovers some day so his children can have a dad who's focus is on them. I'm guessing he still has lots of people kissing his bottom and providing him with drugs, etc. Addiction is heart breaking. He's a mess.

I fully expect a Charlie Sheen reality show in the near future. America loves to watch human train wrecks.

I do think Charlie Sheen has gone too far.

I believe the other characters can carry this show. Charlie was always my least favorite. They should create an excuse as to why Charlie isn't home and carry on. It would serve Charlie Sheen right if they kill off "Uncle Charlie".

I actually feel very sorry for him - I truly believe he is mentally ill at this point, either triggered or caused by the drugs and alcohol. Just listening to him, and hearing about his recent activities, causes me to believe he is no longer sane.

I loved the show early on. However, the last season or two hasn't been up to the first seasons. I think CBS made the right decision to can the show.

They haven't canned it yet. They have only stopped production for this season. They have not decided if it will continue. This is a quote from an MSNBC article:

"But what about next season? "That is TBD," said the source. "Upfronts are in May, but that's a conversation that's really yet to be had."

I will make a pledge right now to actually start watching this show if they go on without Charlie.

His comments and behavior and ridiculously ungrateful attitude have made him disgusting in my eyes. Long gone are the days of Platoon and Wall Street. He's just a sad little man, a 45 year old who is desperately clinging to his youth and acting like a punk teenager. Yuck! What a jerk!

I feel bad for his kids, I mean imagine his oldest daughter having to live with the fact her dad is such a jerk. The other kids are a bit too young to be affected by him, but his oldest must feel awful. He is so selfish not to think that maybe his behavior affects his children. Not only his kids, but the production crew. For every time that he fails to go to work, he is wasting money and now with the show on hold those who depended on their jobs on the show may have to look elsewhere because some man wants to relive his punk days.

What is he on? I mean really what, he has to be taking many, many, many things. He is going to take it to the Octagon?? And Fist of fire ?? it makes no sense what is coming out of his mouth.

I went to a cooking class last night, cheese fondue, chicken scampi with pasta and chocolate fondue.... Well, the good news I drank water and did not eat much of the scampi because it wasn't very good.. The bad news is I ate a lot of the cheese and chocolate!! I had 23 points left when I got there plus 8 activity and 49 weeklies. I have no idea how to figure out the points of what I ate so I'm just figuring all my weeklies and activity points were spent last night. I hopped on the scale yesterday morning and I was down 1.5 pre fondue, interested to see what the scales says Monday!

Is that you, Charlie? :lmao:

What is he on? I mean really what, he has to be taking many, many, many things. He is going to take it to the Octagon?? And Fist of fire ?? it makes no sense what is coming out of his mouth.

You think the "fist of fire" comment is weird from Mr. Sheen, read below:

I went to a cooking class last night, cheese fondue, chicken scampi with pasta and chocolate fondue.... Well, the good news I drank water and did not eat much of the scampi because it wasn't very good.. The bad news is I ate a lot of the cheese and chocolate!! I had 23 points left when I got there plus 8 activity and 49 weeklies. I have no idea how to figure out the points of what I ate so I'm just figuring all my weeklies and activity points were spent last night. I hopped on the scale yesterday morning and I was down 1.5 pre fondue, interested to see what the scales says Monday!

Above is a comment that Mr. Sheen could have made to TMZ, during his stay in the Bahamas. Apparently Mr. Sheen, posting on here, talked about his last night's cooking class, with the good news that he drank water, not vodka.

P.S. just kidding Mr. Sheen

OMG I think the poor pp is on the wrong thread:rotfl2:

I was reading like, "Huh??? Where the heck is she going with this and how does it relate to Charlie Sheen?" :rotfl2:

Anyway, I think CS is delusional. His rants have become more and more strange. Did you hear the one from the Bahamas where he is holed up with a couple of strippers? It was so strange.

OMG I think the poor pp is on the wrong thread:rotfl2:

I was reading like, "Huh??? Where the heck is she going with this and how does it relate to Charlie Sheen?" :rotfl2:

Anyway, I think CS is delusional. His rants have become more and more strange. Did you hear the one from the Bahamas where he is holed up with a couple of strippers? It was so strange.

Yes!! I was so on the wrong thread!! I have the weight watchers chat thread from the wish board open as well and meant to post it there!! Unless you guys care about what I ate last night?

:lmao: :thumbsup2

This whole thing reminds me of Anna Nicole Smith. No one is going to be surprised when they find him dead in his hotel room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter