• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anything OUTRAGEOUS ever happened at your school?

My daughter now attends the same high school I went to.

Right now it's the only high school in NJ with it's own ice skating rink and there have been multiple movies filmed there, most notably Swim Fan. We also used to have a pool but they've since closed it.

On the negative side, we had a student murdered there a few years ago. Someone from the next town came over and shot him during school hours. :sad1:

My high school (which I graduated 20 years ago :eek:) filmed several movies.

Just One of the Guys
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

and 2 Disney movies (for TV)

Not Quite Human
Just Perfect
(filmed when I was in school. They relocated my English class for a week while filming. Saw Jenny Garth from a distance -- which was pretty cool since it was right before Beverly Hills 90210.)

Pretty tame, but that is my high schools claim to fame. :rotfl:

We had our hs principal show up drunk, hold an unscheduled assembly to have the whole school chant "We want football!". He was put on administrative leave immediately following the assembly. His daughter left school and did not return.

:rotfl2::lmao:

...at my high school, when my brother was a sophomore, some IDIOT decided to place a cherry bomb ( or mebbe it was an M-80 :confused3 ) in the wall, in the fire extinguisher case [ it had a glass door ] ....well, he put an extended fuse on it and lit it [for a joke] and returned to class. Unfortunately, one of my brother's female friends, that he'd known since 1st grade, was walking by when it went off. A shard of glass hit her in the neck and she bled to death - she was only 15...it was awful, to say the least...:sad1:

My high school was only open for 10 years. After it closed we had the Chicago Blitz practice there. They stored a bunch of stuff on the closed day camp next door to me. It was also used in several John Hughes movies such as Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Breakfast Club. The library in Breakfast Club was really the wrestling room. Now the Il State Police have a HQ there.

The unabomber went to my high school ... is that outrageous enough ?! :rolleyes1

David Graham and Andrianne Jones attended the school where my kids went. Nothing happened at the school but it's weird to see shots pop up on true crime shows.

...at my high school, when my brother was a sophomore, some IDIOT decided to place a cherry bomb ( or mebbe it was an M-80 :confused3 ) in the wall, in the fire extinguisher case [ it had a glass door ] ....well, he put an extended fuse on it and lit it [for a joke] and returned to class. Unfortunately, one of my brother's female friends, that he'd known since 1st grade, was walking by when it went off. A shard of glass hit her in the neck and she bled to death - she was only 15...it was awful, to say the least...:sad1:

OMG, that is terrible. Just senseless... :(

About 15 years ago, my school (was also 3 of my kid's school)-- one of the female students was found dead in one of the shop rooms. The janitor did it. Made the distict enforce their fingerprint clearance before they are able to start work. He had prior convictions of something and should never have even started to work. It was after school, she needed to use the phone and he let her in (guessing shop class had a phone since there could be accidents in there). No other claim to fame other that in Rush Limbaugh's books.

I think the PP was referring to the fact that both she and her son will be graduates of Columbine High School.

That is me, open mouth insert foot. I am so sorry to that poster, I wasn't even putting 2 and 2 together to realize it was Columbine.

At my college in the early 1980s there was a shooting at one of the frat houses. Drug deal gone bad. (Supposedly). One student killed, two others seriously injured. The shooter(s) were from outside the campus, and as far as I remember, they were never caught or prosecuted.

A few months later, one of the math teachers at my former high school shot and killed an English teacher with whom he was having an affair. This didn't happen at the school, however.

Jim

At my high school, some kid starting playing with an M-80 and a lighter during class (because he's stupid), accidentally lit it (because he's REALLY stupid), and blew off a finger. :sad2:

Another time, a student's Walkman fell in his or her locker and starting clicking. Administration thought it was a bomb and cleared the building. It was lunchtime and I was in Honors French, and our teacher walked us down to the closest pizza place for lunch. :rotfl:

At my HS shortly after I graduated, the football coach and his wife were arrested and convicted for a sex scandal involving the players. The coach claimed that his wife was a nympho and due to a botched vasectomy he could not satisfy her. He talked some of the players into coming to his house and having sex with his wife as he watched. Turned out that the botched vasectomy story was false and he just liked watching his wife with other guys. Last I heard, there was a warrant for the arrest of the coach and his wife after they failed to register as sex offenders.

This happened in Hemet, CA, a very conservative small town about 90 mins,. east of LA. The wife was a Sunday school teacher. The scandal was nationwide news and even reported in Europe.

Ain't my high school, but I thought this was pretty cool:

407450_348900018453606_113035275373416_1359539_1924163461_n.jpg

Lampasas, TX 1-14-2012, chalking for equality

My High School has a swimming pool, it's mandatory that freshman take swimming class and it is a requirement for Graduation there that you pass it. 2 weeks after my freshman year (1989)the swim teacher was arrested for having video cameras in the Girls Locker room and showers. His teenage son found some tapes and turned him in (his son was a senior).

He had apparently been doing it for many years and had quite the collection.

All freshman taking swimming were given "A's" and moved to study hall for the rest of the semester. I still do not know how to swim 20 years later.

Small town so he got off with a couple of years of probation.

well, i'm sure this isn't unusual in a lot of schools, but around here (NE alabama) it was a really big deal:

last year, DD's middle school was raided for drugs. several 7th graders were suspended, even though the administration CLAIMS no drugs were found. the kids all say that pot and pills were confiscated. DD starts high school in the fall...oh boy. can't wait.

My principal was arrested (then fired) for soliciting an under cover cop for sex. In a park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter