Has anyone worn Just Married Buttons from DLR in WDW?

JaibuJenn

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

Planning my disneymoon for march/april of next year and have been scouring ebay for Just Married Buttons.

One seller is selling one for $50 (yikes!!)

However I am able to get Disneyland Just Married Buttons for a decent price. Do you think this really makes much of a difference? The only difference is the small name on the bottom. We are not expecting any extras because of the buttons, its just our first time at WDW and it seems..right to have the buttons be real WDW buttons. :)

Any input from fellow brides would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

WDW has stopped circulating them from what I've seen. Shame as they look to be pretty high in demand!

When I called a month ago to book my honeymoon at Disney World the CM said they would have the buttons waiting for us, free of charge, at the check-in.

I only saw the happily ever after buttons and loads of people were wearing them as they aren't strictly wedding only as 'happily ever after' is really vague.
It's such a pity, they've lost all their exclusivity now they no longer say "just married"

I just bought Disneyland "just married" pins from Ebay. We are getting married in WDW may 2014, but I am NOT paying$50 for ONE pin! I will use the Disneyland ones as a back up if I can't find WDW ones at WDW or from ebay at an affordable price!

I agree. I think I am going to buy the DL ones as backup. We got a pair of Happily Ever After ones after our engagement at DL. The just married ones are just special. :)

I had a girlfriend pick up 2 "Just Married" DL pins for me on her most recent trip. I totally plan on wearing them alongside the "Happily Ever After" Pin! No shame haha

My wife and I will try getting another set of just married from DL when we arrive in July.

OMG, I was just wondering the same thing! I really want pins that say "Just Married" because it just feels more special that way. Settling for a "Happily Ever After" pin just makes it seem more generic & less like Disney cares. But yeah I was totally thinking of doing the same thing, I mean who cares if it says "Disneyland" on the bottom? You just gave me the confidence to go ahead and do this for our honeymoon haha. Good luck to you!

My issue with the happily ever after button is that no one knows what they are for! I see children wearing them all the time and I just feel so sad that Disney got rid of the just married buttons! I understand that they were trying to be more accepting of couples that couldn't get legally married but wanted to celebrate but it was not wise to make such a generic button the only option (other than scouring eBay)

I just had to register on this site to say, thanks all for the heads up! I'm heading to WDW/ Disney Cruise for my honeymoon at the end of this month. As a frequent DLR visitor, my fiancee and I have always envisioned getting and wearing a "Just Married" button for our honeymoon at the park (as we've seen many others do). We would have been totally bummed if we couldn't get one at WDW. Therefore, just ordered DLR ones from eBay and will keep them with us as back ups. Thanks again! :goodvibes

In the last five days I have seen SO many 'Happily Ever After' buttons, whereas the Just Married buttons were a lot more exclusive. They could have had a Just Married and a Just Married (in our hearts) button or something. You can wear a happily ever after button for an anniversary or just because you are in love LOL

I heard that Disney were discontinuing the just married badges so I quickly got onto Ebay that same day and found a pair for just £2 from some girl in England. (About $3-$4 in dollars)
Absolute bargain! I think people selling them at $50 are just taking the p*ss excuse the language. Its a real shame Disney are doing away with the just married badges, they are obviously in high demand!

Disney should re think this decision

WDW has discontinued the Just Married pins as they are not PC - you will get the Happily Ever After pins if you register/tell them its your honeymoon. DL has not discontinued them from what I have heard.

I was completely disappointed when I found this out myself - so i decided to make some myself!

WDW has discontinued the Just Married pins as they are not PC - ?[/URL]

I don't think it's only that they're "not PC". Disney can streamline and save money by eliminating anniversary, engaged, and just married buttons by just carrying one happily ever after.

But it does suck.

I don't think it's only that they're "not PC". Disney can streamline and save money by eliminating anniversary, engaged, and just married buttons by just carrying one happily ever after.

But it does suck.

My aunt was down there two weeks ago and when she asked was told that Disney World believes that they are not PC and that's why they did away with the "Just Married" buttons. And from what I know the anniversary and engaged ones are still available - I haven't heard about them disappearing from anyone on here, but who knows.

And I agree it does suck. That's why I'm just gonna make my own - I like Ariel better than Cinderella anyway, lol.

My aunt was down there two weeks ago and when she asked was told that Disney World believes that they are not PC and that's why they did away with the "Just Married" buttons. And from what I know the anniversary and engaged ones are still available - I haven't heard about them disappearing from anyone on here, but who knows.

And I agree it does suck. That's why I'm just gonna make my own - I like Ariel better than Cinderella anyway, lol.

Lol. Well I don't imagine they're going to flat out say, "Because Disney World wants to save a few bucks." I believe the other buttons were discontinued as well.

So the "Just Engaged" and "Just Married" pins are no more? So it's eBay or bust?

I will probably have to make my own and post them up for everyone to grab at cost. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter