Has anyone visited Busch Gardens??

riu girl

DIS Veteran
We are planning on going to Siesta Key (south of tampa) for two weeks 12/2005 and are planning on buying Busch gardens fun passes (unlimited visits during 2005, $62/adults $52/kids). We are hoping to visit Busch Gardens 3 or 4 times at least over this two week period.

Our children will be 5 and 8 at time of visit and are pretty adventurous (they rode as many rides as they were able (height restrictions) at MK and AK 12/2004).

Can you please tell us anything you can about Busch gardens that will make our trip more enjoyable???
Any advice about Busch Gardens would be greatly appreciated since I haven't been there in about 20 years.
Thanks,
Suzy
I am also going to post this on the budget board.

We really enjoyed it too. My son was 6 1/2 at the time. He did anything he could, including the one "real" roller coaster he was tall enough for, the Scorpion. It really is a nice place, but don't expect "Disney," as it is a different experience.

There is a kiddie play area, don't remember the name, with climbing and water etc that my son really enjoyed. He also loved Rino Ralley and playing in the Egypt dig. Go, enjoy, you will like it!

I had free tickets so for me it was only okay. I know that if I was paying I would not have felt the same way. The Rhino Ralley is always breaking down, the three D movie is NOTHING like the ones at Disney or Universal. All in all to me it was a day away from the A+ parks.

It was included in our flex ticket. It was only ok at best. First off Rhino Rally was only running 1/2 the track. Then Gwazi was closed. The Egyptian coaster was only running one train so there were tons of waits. We got there, and in a 1/2 day span could only do like four rides.. due to mechanical errors

We wont go back.

Oh My...

We were planning on going there in July??? My kids are 14.11,10. This is the 3rd time for them. We thought to go there for something different. There is not to much infor about Busch Gardens online either....I am confused now :confused3
Michelle

I DID IT I DID IT....I DID MY FIRST COUNT DOWN :cheer2: :cheer2:
(The little things in life!!!!)

i worked it in to our next vacation, i am getting the flex ticket for our next trip i like more of ioa then disney you get 14 unlimited days on the last trip we spent more time there, i thing bg will be a nice change i do not compare it to disney because it is different

I guess it all depends. When we were there (Feb 2004) we experienced no problems (breakdowns). We thought the Haunted Lighthouse 4-D movie was fun. And wait times were not bad at all. As I said, it is not Disney, but still nice. We particularly enjoyed walking thru the area with the apes. They were fun, it was beautiful.

AND, I hear they are getting a new coaster!

Happy Lawyer (or anyone else): please tell me all about the FLEX ticket. We are staying about 60 miles south of Tampa and are planning on buying the Busch Gardens Fun Card. It is an unlimited use card (2005) for Busch Gardens and will cost $62 per adult and $52 per adult. We will be in the area for 2 weeks and planning on going to Busch gardens 3 or 4 times.

Any info. on the flex card would be greatly appreciated.
Suzy V.

go to ticket mainia.com
there is a 4 park and 5 park, they call us and ioa seperate parks, but you get 14 unlimited days to universal, ioa, seaworld, wet n wild, bush and city walk,
it's

this information obtained from the web site of ticketmania.com
Orlando Flex Tickets
These are a Best Value Tickets, and the most popular we sell!
Each ticket gives 14 consecutive days unlimited use of the parks listed.

Attraction Retail Gate Price
Tax Included Discount Price
Tax Included QTY
4 Park Flex Ticket Adult Ages 10+
14 Consecutive Days of Unlimited use of the following parks:
Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and Wet-N-Wild
And access to Universal's CityWalk.
Buy the 4 Park Flex Adult from us and save $11.67 off the gate price
The Universal Express System can be used with
all of the Flex tickets we sell Additonal Details Adult
$185.00
4 Park Flex Ticket Child Ages 3-9
Buy the 4 Park Flex Child from us and save $9.76 off the gate price
Child
$151.00
5 Park Flex Ticket Adult Ages 10+
14 Consecutive Days of Unlimited use of the following parks:
Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, Wet-N-Wild, and Busch Gardens.
5 Park Flex includes free transportation to Busch Gardens.
And access to Universal's CityWalk.
Buy the 5 Park Flex Adult from us and save $16.55 off the gate price
The Universal Express System can be used with
all of the Flex tickets we sell Additonal Details Adult
$222.00
5 Park Flex Ticket Child Ages 3-9
Buy the 5 Park Flex Child from us and save $17.30 off the gate price Child
$185.00

We went to BG for the first time in Feb and loved it. Our son is older so was really into the coasters but we experienced no break downs at all. We were there for opening time and it was quiet, we could go on the coasters several times in a row, no waits at all. I thought the park was lovely to walk around and it exceeded my expectations. We spent a full day there and did not see everything. You'll also find things a bit cheaper than the other big parks, that was nice to see.

Good Morning,

My family and my parents are still contiplating it. My Dad told me we went 22 yrs ago, ( I do not remember) and we actually walked in turned around and walked out. Mind you, it was still in the process of opening. I think some things have changed since then :)!!!!

Well, if possible, let's keep this thread going, and to those who do go, if you can be so kind as to update us with any info you can!!!
Thank You!

Well, I am definitely going... probably on june 20th..two teens DH & myself..
will write back about the good,bad & ugly (if there is any)

personally, I am looking forward to going to a non-disney park..
I love IOA and US...find them to be more sedate, more easy to manuever.

and personally, think they are technically way ahead of Disney.,.

if they only had the land to build on. they would be giving Disney major run for their money....

I am a Gold Passport holder to BGT and Seaworld. I love these parks. They aren't Disney. I do not expect Disney. I think the park is beautiful. If you take the time to explore and not try to cram in just coasters you will see the beauty. I have been able to ride every coaster every time I have went and still smell the roses. I LOVE Sheikra. Disney doesn't have anything comparable to this. The bird aviary is wonderful. I love the chimps and gorillas. This reminds me of AK area. Rhino Rally is fun but I find the wait not worth it most of the time. Katonga is a great show and up to Disney standards. I also found out that the Living Statues left Epcot and came here. HTH.

riu girl said:
We are planning on going to Siesta Key (south of tampa) for two weeks 12/2005 and are planning on buying Busch gardens fun passes (unlimited visits during 2005, $62/adults $52/kids). We are hoping to visit Busch Gardens 3 or 4 times at least over this two week period.

Our children will be 5 and 8 at time of visit and are pretty adventurous (they rode as many rides as they were able (height restrictions) at MK and AK 12/2004).

Can you please tell us anything you can about Busch gardens that will make our trip more enjoyable???
Any advice about Busch Gardens would be greatly appreciated since I haven't been there in about 20 years.
Thanks,
Suzy
I am also going to post this on the budget board.

if u plan on visiting seaworld, universal and IOA in addition to BG u might want to check out the flex ticket, 14 days unlimited usage very cheap

happylawyer: thank you for the information. We are actually looking for a relatively relaxing trip this year so are planning on just going to BGT (plus going to some attractions in the Siesta Key area). On a separate trip (Dec/2008) we are planning on getting the flex ticket (if it is still offered then) and spend a lot of time at Universal, IOA and Seaworld.

suzy V.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter