Has anyone used Trim Spa?

IheartMickey

I have not been blessed by the tag fairy!
A co-worker of mine is going to start using that while on Atkin's, and I heard the Missy Elliot swears by it. I've heard a LOT of good stuff.

I was thinking about trying it. Xenadrine EFX and perscription Phentermine didn't help.

PLease Please Please Please...don't use Trim Spa. You are SO young...and taking Diet Pill is going to really SCREW up your Metabolism.

To answer your question...YES trim Spa will help you lose weight. But it won't teach you how to BREAK your bad habits that got you there in the first place. If I would have listen when I was in my 20's I know I would not be going through this hell that I am dealing with now.

YOU can do this on your own....you need to accept the fact that there is no QUICK FIX to losing weight. Diet pills will not make you HEALTHY...they will eventually make you very very SICK....TRUST ME! !!! I was in your shoes 15 years ago...and I know it does not matter what anyone says. you have to make your own personal decsion...but the EASY way out...does not make life easier in the long run!!!!

I am sorry for preaching...its just because I care!!

Tracy

I am sending you a PM, but if anyone else is out there reading this PLEASE she Luvinit's response.

<b>IheartMickey</b> Try doing this on your own. I know that drugs etc sound like a good idea but they don't have magical results--you still have to change the way you think and eat to lose weight successfully.

Have you read the Atkins book? I have the rules for induction and I'll email them to you if you like. I urge you to give Atkins or WW a try before you try trimspa.

Please? We'll help you, you know that we're always here if you need help or support.

You would most likely lose pretty quickly on a controlled carbohydrate plan. Have you tried that before?

Katholyn

Do you ever get so desperate that you'd try anything? That's how I am right now. At the gym (where I work) we sell something called Slender Shot and it has, in one shot 340 grams of ephedra in it. I wanted to take it but my supervisor wouldn't let me, he refused to sell it to me.

I want to try Atkin's but I don't know where to find the instructions, etc. And I'm not sure I could do it, I don't eat a lot of meat.. Only chicken. I think Atkin's could possibly kill me. Just kidding!

FYI - we went to GNC yesterday to get some chocolate flavored protein shake powder. They have a sign posted on the door that at the end of the month they are not going to sell ANY more products containing ephedra. Remember, a baseball player who was taking a product with ephedra recently died.

I hear about Trim Spa when I listen to Howard Stern (Crazy Cabbie, I think, is the spokesperson). I don't know what Trim Spa contains, but I think if you are getting desperate, you really need to talk to someone like a nutritionist. There is a reason your boss wouldn't sell you that shot!!!

I am really proud of you for losing the weight you have already lost. And you got your body fat % tested and it was much lower than that woman thought it would be, so you should be proud of yourself for that too!!! I know it would be nice to wake up much thinner, and it seems like those pills that are so popular these days would help, but I don't want to read a sad story about YOU on the boards (did you see Snoopy's post about her SIL's sister who died from a botched surgery, gastric bypass, I think?) There is no quick fix to losing weight.

I have been up and down on the scales all my life. I tried a quick fix for a week (Hydroxycut) and got an average of 3 hours sleep a night, and I only took the minimum suggested amount!!! And I didn't loose any weight. My heart was zipping, I was a jittery mess, I was up ALL NIGHT and bored, so I just surfed and surfed and surfed the net. NOTHING could get me to go to sleep, and when I finally did,I woke up at like 6:00 in the morning anyway.

You can do this without the use of pills. Just pick up a copy of Muscle and Fitness HERS (ignore the ads for weight loss pills, bars, and powders) and read the articles. Learn more about what you should eat to promote muscle growth and keep working out at the gym you are employed at. Be your own success story! Pick up a copy of the Weight Watchers magazine and read the success stories in there. The April issue features at least two people who have lost hundreds of pounds on WW, one woman lost 213 pounds and looks great!!! It does take time, but your body will thank you for it in the end, and you will feel GREAT knowing you took control and did it through healthy eating choices and exercise. You'll be an inspiration to others, who knows where it could lead you in life. You might even get a background in nutrition and exercise and become a personal trainer. Anything is possible.

Sorry for the really long message. ;) You have so much potential, you are GORGEOUS, as your prom pictures prove, and you could be a real diva if you want to (seems like you have one inside you just ready to roar!) ;) Taking any kind of weight loss pills could put your health (heart) in danger. It's not worth the risk.

What are the reason you want to lose weight? Even if you don't want to list them publicly, make a list and be honest with yourself. Then set small goals for yourself, like drink a certain amount of water every day, cut back on bread, eat more fresh vegetables, eat leaner cuts of meat, etc. SMALL goals, SMALL changes, think small! ;) And if you have a slip up, it's not the end of the world. If you plan on living a very long life, it's important to take care of yourself NOW so you can be healthy and full of energy until you are 80, 90, 100 years old. If it takes a year or two to lose the weight, at least it will be GONE and every day you will be a step closer to your goal. Then when you are 22, 23, 24 you can look back at where you came from and think, "Wow, I really did it, look at me now, I feel great, so healthy, so energetic, I have a healthy heart, healthy organs, great skin, I fit into the clothes I have longed to wear, etc." You can do it!

Hugs, Karen :) xo

Good advice, Tig.

<b>IheartMickey</b> Have I ever been desperate? Let me think....<b>yes!!!</b>. I was the most desperate when I was your age. So, you are going to benefit from my experience. I have been there and done that, wasted money on diet aids that weren't really aids at all just a way for someone to take money from a not so wise teenager (me).

Please, please, please do not take any so called diet drugs. Some of those drugs can kill you and there is no proof that they do anything that they claim they can do.

Before you try a diet drug, don't you think you should try a more formal eating plan? According to the member roster your plan, right now, is "making better choices". Don't get desperate until you have tried following a real eating plan, okay?

So listen up. You need to find a plan that works for you. If you want to try Atkins I will send you the rules for induction by email.

If you want to try WW--find a meeting and pay your dues and pay attention.

Just don't give up yet, you still have lots of alternatives to diet drugs to try first. Everyone here will be helping you along no matter which plan you choose.

We have WISHers who have lost as much as 13 pounds in the first week of Atkins. Go check out John in Illinois and his progress. He loses a good amount every week controlling his carbohydrated intake. PartyofSix is losing well and at a steady pace on WW. Either of these plans are healthy eating plans.

You are not required to eat red meat on Atkins. You <i>are</i> required to give up flour and sugar. You can eat chicken, fish or shellfish, you don't ever have to eat red meat if you don't want to, it's your decision.

Let me know what you decide, sweetie. I think if you choose an eating plan that is right for <i>you</i>, then you will be successful and lose quite a bit of weight before school starts again. You're in control of this situation, get yourself a map and get going ;)

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter