Has anyone used the transfers from MCO to the Radisson in Cape Canaveral

canadiandisneyfamof4

Mouseketeer
This seems like a very reasonable way to get to Cape Canaveral. For the 4 of us it would cost $200 including our night at the Radisson compared to $119 for a room and $110 to use a town car service or about $100 to rent a car 1 way large enough to take all 4 of us and our bags.

Has anyone ever used this service?
If so are the pick up times flexible and did you have any issues?

Thanks

We did this in October. It was a good value. We had another family in the shuttle with us. The driver was somewhat cranky, but got nicer once we got going. The hotel is nice, just make sure you ask for a renovated room. You sign up for the shuttle to port when you check-in. I think it was $4 pp. We would stay there again. There is a Subway, McDonalds, and gas station within walking distance.

I stayed at the Radisson back in March 2011 for an upcoming cruise. Like you said the prices where reasonable and the pool area nice. I did not care very much for the restaurant inside the hotel they are plenty of other choices nearby.

We used them June 2011. It was fine. Just make sure you reserve your reservation for the shuttle in advanced for the first shuttle time. Lobby was an absolute zoo for people waiting for the shuttle.

We did this in October. It was a good value. We had another family in the shuttle with us. The driver was somewhat cranky, but got nicer once we got going. The hotel is nice, just make sure you ask for a renovated room. You sign up for the shuttle to port when you check-in. I think it was $4 pp. We would stay there again. There is a Subway, McDonalds, and gas station within walking distance.

Sorry,I didn't clarify very well. We did both the shuttle from MCO to the hotel and hotel to port. You just call a number when you get to baggage and they meet you outside.

Thanks, specifically looking for feedback from people who took the shuttle from MCO to the hotel.

Is this a new service provided by the Radisson? There never used to be a shuttle from MCO to any of the port hotels. Is this special mentioned at their website?

MJ

Is this a new service provided by the Radisson? There never used to be a shuttle from MCO to any of the port hotels. Is this special mentioned at their website?

MJ

It's referred on their website as the Fly Ride and Stay package.

Reg room rates for my stay were 140
Prepaid rooms 119
This package is 180 includes 2 transfers and the kids are $10 each so 80 more than the prepaid rate compared to $110 for a town car service I priced

mmouse37 said:

MJ

I didn't recall it being offered at the time of my first cruise in 2011. My guess is that maybe less people are choosing to stay at the MCO hotel since the DCL transfers from there no longer allow you to check in at the airport (ie you just catch the bus, but still have to check in at the port)??? So maybe in response to that, more people want to stay closer to port and the hotels have responded to this new dynamic?

I know that is a big part of why we are staying closer to the port than we did last time.

Thank you...very interesting!!! Going to subscribe to this thread for future reference. Nice to know there is another alternative for transportation to the port.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter