Has anyone used the day before bag drop offered by British airways?

sam_rogers

painting with all the colours of the wind
Dh and I are staying at Gatwick the night before our flight to Orlando. We are flying with British airways and I saw on the website that they offer the option to check in your hold luggage the afternoon before you fly from Gatwick. Has anyone had experience using this and most importantly did your bags appear at your destination? :rotfl:

We have used it but not to fly to Orlando. It was fine but just remember if you are staying in a nearby local hotel that whatever you have with you you will have to carry in your hand luggage (or leave) as you can't get access to your cases to put anything in.

We're keeping the dregs of toothpaste tubes etc to use then chuck away at the hotel once we leave. It'll nice to just walk through security in the morning, last time we went on holiday we were queueing at bag drop for almost an hour! Thanks for your help :goodvibes

My daughter and I did this last year when we flew out to Orlando. it worked really well. We had done online check-in so just used the kiosks and dropped our bags off, with no problems. Like others have said, bear in mind that any liquids you have will need to go into the small bag (if within the allowance) or be disposed of).

I'm flying with ba and had no idea about this. Do we just check in online, go to the airport and check in our bags?

Then the next day go straight to security?

Yes, you can either check in online or at the airport the night before, drop the bags after 4pm and then you can go straight through. If you've checked in online and printed boarding passes at home, you will need to take your boarding passes and passport when you drop your bags

Yes, you can either check in online or at the airport the night before, drop the bags after 4pm and then you can go straight through. If you've checked in online and printed boarding passes at home, you will need to take your boarding passes and passport when you drop your bags

I'll be checking in at the airport hotel and hopefully downloading my boarding pass onto the app? Is that all that's needed?

This will really save time in the morning not having to do this lol

I'll be checking in at the airport hotel and hopefully downloading my boarding pass onto the app? Is that all that's needed?

This will really save time in the morning not having to do this lol
I think you just need passports and boarding passes and everyone travelling should be present. There is some information on the ba website

We've done this many times with Virgin, always worked well for us especially if staying night before. It means you don't have to be up as early before a long day. We even go as far as wearing 'old' underwear for the journey to the airport and then chucking ( sorry it too much info :)). Well worth using.

We do this every time. Makes the day of the flight so much easier! No heavy cases to lug around. Much easier with 2 young kids in tow.

We checked the bags in last night, flying this morning :cool1: thanks for your advice everyone!!

Is this the same me in Heathrow? I called and asked about this and the man said you can't check bags in before 5am on the day of your flight?

Was he wrong or is it different at Heathrow?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter