Has anyone used MB after the stay?

Pineapple Princess

Mouseketeer
I stayed at WDW last weekend and so I now have a MB. If I were to go again soon can I use the same band again? Am I able to use it to get into the park (I have an AP) and can I set up FP before I arrive at the park?

I think this same MB is attached to a reservation I have in May because that trip shows up in my ap. Is that right or is it just one of those weird things, because I read somewhere else of someone getting different sets of MB for each trip.

Thanks!

I stayed at WDW last weekend and so I now have a MB. If I were to go again soon can I use the same band again?
Yes

Am I able to use it to get into the park (I have an AP) and can I set up FP before I arrive at the park?
As long as you continue to have valid park admission linked to MDE, yes.

I think this same MB is attached to a reservation I have in May because that trip shows up in my ap. Is that right or is it just one of those weird things, because I read somewhere else of someone getting different sets of MB for each trip.
The MagicBand is not linked to a specific reservation, it's linked to your MDE profile and can be reused for many years.

We've booked 4 trips since the introduction of Magic Bands...and have received 4 sets of Magic Bands. I think you'll eventually be expected to re-use the same ones, but that doesn't seem to be the case for now. My experience only applies to onsite resort stays, though - I don't really know how it'd work with an AP.

I linked all of ours together and used the chain as garland on our xmas tree so that's one way to reuse them for now... :)

I just did this, but didn't get a new magic band because I stayed at Shades of Green on the 2nd visit. First visit in October, I linked my 4-day military park hoppers once I received them to the MB I was given at Pop Century and used 2 days of the tickets on that trip. This past weekend, the 2 days remaining on the tickets were still linked to the MBs just fine and I was able to use them despite staying elsewhere. Worked flawlessly.

We've booked 4 trips since the introduction of Magic Bands...and have received 4 sets of Magic Bands. I think you'll eventually be expected to re-use the same ones, but that doesn't seem to be the case for now. My experience only applies to onsite resort stays, though - I don't really know how it'd work with an AP. I linked all of ours together and used the chain as garland on our xmas tree so that's one way to reuse them for now... :)
Oh magic band tree, oh magic band tree, how lovely are your bands

Yes

As long as you continue to have valid park admission linked to MDE, yes.

The MagicBand is not linked to a specific reservation, it's linked to your MDE profile and can be reused for many years.

So even regular tix would work for prebooking? Not an AP? Without another resort stay?

So even regular tix would work for prebooking? Not an AP? Without another resort stay?

I'm thinking that it won't work.
(Based on much posted info.)

But, I'm looking for new input from those who have experience to the contrary.

I have a 10 day non expiring ticket linked and stayed at Pop in December. I can still log on and make FP + reservations. I will not be back until June but still have been watching

I have a 10 day non expiring ticket linked and stayed at Pop in December. I can still log on and make FP + reservations. I will not be back until June but still have been watching

That is a somewhat unique situation.
It's a ticket that was actually used on a trip with a resort stay.

Same ticket, still "active" (it is similar to having an AP.)
I have a similar reply on a current thread where a FL resident has 2 days left on a FL resident 4-day ticket, the first 2 days used during a stay at an on-site resort... and can still make FP+ with that ticket (again, similar to having an AP.)

What would be a test that might directly affect far more potential guests is
trying to link a BRAND NEW ticket to MDE (with a previous on-site stay) and seeing if that ticket would get advance FP+ without a pending on-site resort stay.

I'm an AP and I'm half an hour away. I have a MagicBand from a small trip I took with my mother last month. Currently, I can book FP+ as much as I want, up to 7 days straight (this is the current limit for people WITH admission rights but WITHOUT a resort reservation).

I have been nervous to add an older 10-day no-expire pass to a magic band associated with my next trip. I have a split reservation so will get two magic bands. I may also buy a conference after 4pm pass, can I put the conference pass on one MB and the 10-day on the other?

I have been nervous to add an older 10-day no-expire pass to a magic band associated with my next trip. I have a split reservation so will get two magic bands. I may also buy a conference after 4pm pass, can I put the conference pass on one MB and the 10-day on the other?

Nothing is actually stored on the MagicBands except for a unique id number. Everything is linked to a MDE profile. This includes room reservations, park tickets, FP+ selections and even the MagicBands. The MagicBand is just a key to reading what is stored on your MDE profile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter