Has Anyone Used Marty Faynik Transportation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DadLightyear

WearTheYellowBand
Hey everyone. We have a trip coming up next month, and instead of using Magical Express, I am contemplating using Marty's transportation services to and from MCO to All Star Sports. Has anyone had an experience with Marty?

I assume there must be a reason why you would pay to use a car service rather than use DME which is free. Perhaps it might be wiser to apply the money for the car service to a rental car, which will give you more flexibility and save you alot of time vs. Disney Transportation in getting to Parks and other resorts if you have any ADRs.
Just my opinion.

Sorry but I'm suspicious of anyone who joins specifically to pull up a year old thread and post a glowing review of a transportation company.

There's nothing in the "one post" review that would make me use the vendor.

The grocery stop was a 7-11? GEE how nice!

$380 plus tip? For what? Rental cars are cheaper!

The use of the Mears vans brings up some real concerns. I wonder if Mears knows that their drivers are doing this? I expect it is NOT really allowed.

There's nothing in the "one post" review that would make me use the vendor.

The grocery stop was a 7-11? GEE how nice!

$380 plus tip? For what? Rental cars are cheaper!

The use of the Mears vans brings up some real concerns. I wonder if Mears knows that their drivers are doing this? I expect it is NOT really allowed.

Those are the same things I noticed. If anything, the fact that this guy pulled up a year old post just to give this driver a positive review, that wasn't really all that great and had several issues like this in it, would make me less willing to try this guy.:rotfl:

There is no need for me to ever explain anything I do, but this time I am. This seems to be a recurring issue on this board. There have been many first time posters coming along with glowing reviews of various towncar companies. It is expressly against board guidelines to register and then to 'pretend' to be a very happy customer. That practice will get you banned...and has in the past. It will not be tolerated.

So, with that in mind...I'm going on the record saying that any time I see a post like that, I'm deleting it. Period. I mean seriously....someone comes along, out of the clear blue sky and posts that kind of post to a thread that is over a year old??? I didn't just fall off the old turnip wagon you know!!!!!

There is no need for me to ever explain anything I do, but this time I am. This seems to be a recurring issue on this board. There have been many first time posters coming along with glowing reviews of various towncar companies. It is expressly against board guidelines to register and then to 'pretend' to be a very happy customer. That practice will get you banned...and has in the past. It will not be tolerated.

So, with that in mind...I'm going on the record saying that any time I see a post like that, I'm deleting it. Period. I mean seriously....someone comes along, out of the clear blue sky and posts that kind of post to a thread that is over a year old??? I didn't just fall off the old turnip wagon you know!!!!!

I think you did the right thing, but it does make me laugh because now the rest of these posts look kind of "bizarre" :rotfl:

I agree that it's is curious that you would register just to "praise" a company. I figure it's either 'advertising' or the company pressuing the users to "post good reviews" On Trip Advisor I have even heard rumors that some vendors have given "discounts" for agreeing to this type of thing... Just WRONG IMHO!

I think you did the right thing, but it does make me laugh because now the rest of these posts look kind of "bizarre" :rotfl:

I agree that it's is curious that you would register just to "praise" a company. I figure it's either 'advertising' or the company pressuing the users to "post good reviews" On Trip Advisor I have even heard rumors that some vendors have given "discounts" for agreeing to this type of thing... Just WRONG IMHO!
Yes, admittedly, they do look a bit strange...but I'm leaving them. I hate deleting posts unless I absolutely have to.
Many instances of what you mentioned happening. And that has gotten certain companies banned here.

I missed something but I do know Marty is not a Mears driver as one post hints at it. Marty is a reputable driver, maybe charges a little higher than some. I have heard his tips he gives and comments are worth the money that you spend to use his transportation. He has a huge following. His vehicle is permitted under Garden Transportation which is permitted in the airport.

IMHO, I don't think Marty would post to praise himself if that is the reason for the confusion.

Also there are many reasons to use the vehicle-for-hire service out of the Orlando airport. I don't want to go into it but think about it. There are many advantages over the DME. It just costs you a extra bit of money to use the extra services of vehicle-for-hire transportation..

I missed something but I do know Marty is not a Mears driver as one post hints at it. Marty is a reputable driver, maybe charges a little higher than some. I have heard his tips he gives and comments are worth the money that you spend to use his transportation. He has a huge following. His vehicle is permitted under Garden Transportation which is permitted in the airport.

IMHO, I don't think Marty would post to praise himself if that is the reason for the confusion.

Also there are many reasons to use the vehicle-for-hire service out of the Orlando airport. I don't want to go into it but think about it. There are many advantages over the DME. It just costs you a extra bit of money to use the extra services of vehicle-for-hire transportation..

True Edd...but I read the post that the poster wrote...and it did mention Mears vans being used..it wasn't hinted at. When a poster dredges up an old thread about something and then posts a first time ever post with glowing reviews of a company, I tend to be suspicious.
I have no issue with Marty being a good person or a good driver. My issue is with the poster who posted....and that is why the post is gone.

I missed something but I do know Marty is not a Mears driver as one post hints at it. .

True Edd...but I read the post that the poster wrote...and it did mention Mears vans being used..it wasn't hinted at. When a poster dredges up an old thread about something and then posts a first time ever post with glowing reviews of a company, I tend to be suspicious.
I have no issue with Marty being a good person or a good driver. My issue is with the poster who posted....and that is why the post is gone.

The deleted review said Marty wasn't available for one (more?) of the 4 legs. The driver who covered for Marty drove a Mears van.

Ok. Mears has shuttle vans and they have vans the drivers lease. So I don't think the Mears driver was a shuttle driver. It may have been a driver who leased a van from Mears to do business. The Mears shuttle and bus drivers are hourly workers.

Ok. Mears has shuttle vans and they have vans the drivers lease. So I don't think the Mears driver was a shuttle driver. It may have been a driver who leased a van from Mears to do business. The Mears shuttle and bus drivers are hourly workers.
I don't want to turn this into a big debate, but I'm not comfortable with someone putting me into a van that says Mears on the side but I didn't book with Mears. If there were to be an issue, who is responsible???

While I'm sure that this is most likely a reliable person, as I've said before, I'm just not happy with all these first time posters coming along with glowing reviews, or info regarding, some commercial enterprise. It may very well be kosher but I'm not taking that chance.

Occassionally a poster will tell us that even though their flight was delayed their driver was waiting for them. Some of those driver might have needed to find another driver cover for them for another customer. I'd have no problem with a driver in a Mears van covering but I might have concerns if a Mears driver had someone like Marty covering for him.

That said I share your "issues" with posters registering just to post reviews.

I wouldn't have a big concern about the Mears Van... I just wonder if Mears would? I mean they have "logoed" that van. So when "bubba's transport" has an accident taking you to Disney in the Mears Van aren't you going to think "let's sue Mears too" If I were Mears I would probably want some "restrictions" on "freelancing in our logo vans"

Mears does not logo their leased vans. They are black with the only indication they are Mears is the front license plate. Those drivers are free to pick up and carry anyone they set up. I am almost certain there is no shuttle driver that would take an independents ride while using the shuttl vans. Their trips are planned by the Mears office and their schedules are run tight because they are hourly drivers. If you drive a leased Mears van than the driver is on his own.

Since this thread is no longer serving any informational purpose, I'm closing it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter