Has anyone used John Wayne Airport

LivingforDisney

DIS Veteran
Well, my title says it all.
For our trip next Dec, pretty sure we are going to try and leave Sydney around the 8th Dec, have 4 nights in Anaheim.
We really want to see Carsland:drive:
Anyhow I was looking up John Wayne airport SNA, and it seems to make sense to get a flight from there to MCO, instead of going back into LAX.
Anyhow anyone flown out of there!
It is supposed to be a pretty scary takeoff due to the noise restrictions.:scared:

We have flown in and out of John Wayne. So much better than LAX. About 10 to 15 minutes from Anaheim. Security was a breeze. You don't need to get there as early as you would for LAX. I think the prices were a little higher to fly out of there but I think it's worth it. I don't remember the take off so it can't have been too bad.

Well, my title says it all.
For our trip next Dec, pretty sure we are going to try and leave Sydney around the 8th Dec, have 4 nights in Anaheim.
We really want to see Carsland:drive:
Anyhow I was looking up John Wayne airport SNA, and it seems to make sense to get a flight from there to MCO, instead of going back into LAX.
Anyhow anyone flown out of there!
It is supposed to be a pretty scary takeoff due to the noise restrictions.:scared:

wow didn't even know there was an airport in Anaheim! I can understand wanting to dodge LAX if you can. Hopefully someone else can provide some insight.

I flew from John Wayne airport to San Francisco in 2011, when we did a quick one day trip there in the midst of Disneyland. So much easier than LAX - closer to Anaheim ( we took a taxi) and a much smaller airport so very easy to navigate. I had read about the steep take offs but didn't notice any difference to normal.

Yes, I guess I will just see what or if the difference in prices are.
My thinking was we could just get a taxi, as its not that far and we will probably get a flight around 8am, so will be much easier than getting a shuttle back to L.A.
Yes, I read the security ect is much easier than LAX.

Not John Wayne, but I have flown from Salt Lake City into Long Beach.
It is also closer to Anaheim than LAX and much quicker and easier to get through.

Flying into there in a couple of months for the first time.

Yes the taxi price is low enough to justify it for three or more people (maybe even two). So much better than relying on a shuttle, and Disneyland Express from/to there is a ripoff.

Also using Long Beach for the first time to leave with Jetblue.

I would happily pay extra to fly in/out of SNA. Flew out of there to PHX on my last trip and it was sooooo much better than LAX. I took SuperShuttle (for $11) and it was a quick and easy trip. It's close enough that it would be worth taking a taxi for a whole family (I was on my own so big cost difference). The airport was quiet and easy to get around. No long lines for check in/security etc. It was a nice airport too with free wifi and charging points in all the gate lounges. I didn't notice any difference in the take off.

We're flying out of SNA to Newark on our next trip too.

Highly recommend it if you can :thumbsup2

Also check out Long Beach - it's a bit further and I don't know what the actual airport is like, but it's gotta be better than LAX!

SNA is much less manic and stressful than LAX. Sometimes it can even be the cheaper option, though that does depend on when you buy the tickets. If I had the choice, I'd fly to SNA.

The smaller domestic airports are usually great.It's a bit like the difference in Washington DC - Ronald Reagan Airport is a much better choice than the others but many don't know it is an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter