has anyone used GETO or SkyAuction?

turning40withMickey

I will never be too old for Disney!
Has anyone used GETO (government employee travel opportunities) or SkyAuction to rent a condo near Kissimmee? Or to rent anywhere, I guess. I am looking for some reviews of either site. Thanks!

i've used skyauction many times for Disney. The last time was in January. Never had any problems with them. I've always enjoyed the timeshares I've gotten. The prices can't be beat (at least for the timeshares).

Just be sure to pay close attention to the taxes and fees if you use Skyauction. Most timeshare weeks run about $300 for taxes and fees.

BTW... I am a government employee and I had no idea about GETO. Thanks!

Has anyone used GETO (government employee travel opportunities) or SkyAuction to rent a condo near Kissimmee? Or to rent anywhere, I guess. I am looking for some reviews of either site. Thanks!

I haven't used GETO, but I have used its sister site, www.afvclub.com - in fact, I'm looking at condos there right now!

there is another site for government employees I like to use - www.govarm.com

:)

I have used SkyAuction many times for Condo weeks and never had a problem with them. As others have said though, read your fine print on the taxes... I always read and never found to have a problem. :goodvibes

I am a gov employee and never used the gov sites...

Okay, walk me through it.
I check my dates first? Do I get to see the available properties? Then I bid, right? If I "win" what happens?

Love a great deal, nervous to lose money!

I have used GETO many time--it is simply excess RCI inventory. Never heard of govarm so am checking them out now. Thanks for the heads up

I have used GETO many time--it is simply excess RCI inventory. Never heard of govarm so am checking them out now. Thanks for the heads up

Am I doing something wrong? I want to look for summer sites, but I can only check ten weeks from today? on GETO

For those who haven't used Govarm - there are 2 different condo sites. The one I use links into Condodirect, which is the (excess? I'm not sure) inventory of Interval International. Some, but not all, of the condos are the same as on AFVClub/GETO. We booked Sheraton's Vistana Villages last fall - a 2 BR unit for less than $400/week.

I have used SkyAuction many times. I never had a problem. I always seem to get a great deal on condos/timeshares. Good luck bidding.:banana: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter