Has anyone used Disneyana Exchange?

Mom21

DIS Veteran
I've used them several times over the years to sell pieces. About 10 weeks ago they called me about a piece and asked if I could get it in the mail that day. I did. Usually I've received payment in less than 4 or 5 weeks. It has now been 10 weeks with no payment. I have called and left messages and emailed. No answer back for 2 weeks. Are they having some issues as to why they won't at least answer me back as to when I can expect my $275?

No one's used them before? I am so angry right now. Not really because I haven't been paid, but because no one has answered my numerous calls and my email I sent. At least they could do that to let me know when to expect payment. I wasn't nasty on the phone, just matter of fact and to the point.

Today 6-17-2010 I delivered a Lilliput Haunted Mansion, No. 56 to Disneyana Exchange in person. Said they were sending it to Japan. After seeing Mom21 posting I got worried and called to get it back.
Unfortunately for me it was shipped out. I mentioned your post but was told I had nothing to worry about. Will wait 5 weeks(July 22).
I have dealt with them in the past selling several things. It has been years. Like you, we've never had a problem.
Will update on July 22, 2010. Money should be available by then.

Today 6-17-2010 I delivered a Lilliput Haunted Mansion, No. 56 to Disneyana Exchange in person. Said they were sending it to Japan. After seeing Mom21 posting I got worried and called to get it back.
Unfortunately for me it was shipped out. I mentioned your post but was told I had nothing to worry about. Will wait 5 weeks(July 22).
I have dealt with them in the past selling several things. It has been years. Like you, we've never had a problem.
Will update on July 22, 2010. Money should be available by then.

Interesting. I have yet to have anyone answer the phone or write me back with email. I called again twice today and still no answer. I looked back and see it was delivered on 3/31 to them. So puts it at 11 weeks. Like I said never, ever had a problem with them. I just got nervous since this was the longest I have waited and then no answer from them. If they had just answered me I wouldn't have said a word. I guess with all the businesses closing down I was wondering if anyone had heard anything. I'm sure it will be fine.

Just wanted to report back and say all is well. I spoke with the woman today, and my check had actually been returned as it was addressed incorrectly. She went out of her way to find my number (funny glitch also), and she called me. She hadn't been in the office much, but all is well now and company is still good to go and work with.

This is an update on my Haunted Mansion sale. Received call Friday July 2 that check was on the way. Received check for $620.00 on Saturday the 3rd. Cashed check on the 6th with no problem.

I spent $30.00 to join last year. I sent many listings and none sold. I had better luck with ebay. Waste of money.

They have not paid for the WDCC that i sold them 2 months ago. I just heard they have received numerous complaints. The word is they are going out of business. Stay away. Don't get burned.

DON'T USE THEM In May I sent a piece they had to have sent right away for an anniversary, armani beauty and beast from disneyana convention. I agreed to a low price of $1200. Since I had known about Kip and Martha Howse for years from the convention and dealt with them before no problems I sent it. MY BAD for trusting people. The check never arrived. Item was received May 13th by the man I was to send it to, since I had sent it insured and it cost me $85.00 to mail to Oregon. Called and emailed lots of times, no response as to where the money was. On June 16th I went to their house, again stupidity set in and when he told me there had been illness and the man I sent it to was making charge card payments, Kip said he would send me money after he had his, I left thinking it would be OK. Its August, no response to emails or phone calls. I am filing with the states attorney, police and fraud department in Orlando, may even go to the newspapers.
What really made me madder was he told me he did not have a B&B but remembered I did from when he had tried to sell it for me, I went to EBAY and found he had sold one a few weeks after I sent mine to his customer for $1875. O yeah and as of July he is no longer on EBAY.If anyone else talks to him please let me know, I know he still lives there - NO ONE SHOULD DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE ANYMORE

I also have outstanding payment for 3 Small World CC items I droped off in Feb.

I'm glad I saw the link to the DIS :surfweb: when did a search on "Disneyana Exchange" as I was just about to sell a few Disneyana Convention items through DE. I think I'll try another route. Has anyone here used Ebay and if so how was the experience? TIA

Unbelievable. I did get my money last year finally with an explaination that the lady had been out. Wish I had researched them again. In early June I sent them 3 pieces they called and asked to be overnighted. I even hesitated as I told Kip I was worried as it took so long to get money last time. He assured me wouldn't happen. So I rushed to overnight them even though it was a hassle to me that day.

I have been calling and emailing since Sept. All I am asking for is a response telling me when to expect my money. Absolutely no response from calls or emails. I called again today and the phone just rings and rings. So here I sit 6 months later since I mailed and no money. Guess I am out those 3 pieces. I hate businesses that basically are stealing from us. If you promise you will pay me for the merchandise, then pay me. Otherwise that is theft. Something you and I would go to jail for.

I do believe I will be using my extensive networks and boards I belong to and post about this company. Anybody want to join me? I'm pretty easy going about stuff and wasn't yelling or anything on the calls. Just simply requesting a response as to when I can expect my money. However, once you tick me off by STEALING from me, all bets are off.

Also had the same problem with these people. I would recommend you contact this organization and file a complaint:
Orange County Consumer Fraud Unit
Office: 407-836-2490
Fax: 407-836-1210
Orange County Consumer Fraud
P.O. Box 1673
415 N Orange Avenue
Orlando, FL 32802

Hi I am new to this, my mom is an extensive collector and was going to sell a valuable bronze Carl Banks sculpture thru this exchange. Is there any update on reliability of this broker? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter