Has anyone used Disney gift certificates at WDW?

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
I called Central Reservations yesterday to ask about purchasing Disney Dollars as we no longer have any Disney stores open near us. The CM that I spoke with told me that they do not sell Disney Dollars by mail order, but I could purchase the Disney gift certificates. (I want to give as gifts for birthdays and Christmas to used for our extended family trip next Jan.) I questioned her repeatedly about being able to use these at WDW and she assured me that I could. She even spoke to a supervisor to confirm. Have any of you had experience using the gift certificates at WDW? I was under the impression that they were for Disney Store purchases. Anyone?

Disney Gift Cards that are purchased a tTDS can only be used in the stores, on-line, or through the catalog. I don't think are the same certificates that CRO was telling you about.
You could probably call TDS and have them send Disney Dollars to you but they would have to charge you a shipping fee.

The Disney Store does not do mail order Disney Dollars. I asked. You used to be able to purchase Disney Dollars by mail years ago. I know because I did it. But no more. Anyway, back to my original question concerning the gift certificates through CRO, I called back to make sure they can be used at WDW. The nice CM read off all the places that they can be used at WDW, so now I feel better!:D

You could also buy America Express Gift checks--they can be used anywhere that accepts Amex, so it doesn't limit you as much.

Anne

The gift certificates that CRO is talking about is completely diffrent then the gift certificates at the disney store. They are talking about actual Walt Disney World Gift Certificates (that can only be used at WDW). But they are not that popular because most people get Disney Dollars. If you do order them, make sure you ask if they have an experation date on them. :D

WDW takes the Disney Dollars and the gift certificates (only for the parks kind). I believe they come in $25 and $50 for gift certificates. I've noticed that everyonce and a while people have used them in the parks and you can get cash back if there is change. But like Jimmybop said, make sure that you ask about the expiration dates on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter