Has anyone used David to rent out their points?

honeymo78

Don't dream it, be it
We are thinking of renting our points to pay for a cruise in 2012. Can any members that have used David's service share their experience? It seems this option may be the safest and easiest for a new renter.

We are thinking of renting our points to pay for a cruise in 2012. Can any members that have used David's service share their experience? It seems this option may be the safest and easiest for a new renter.

I've used them for the same reason. I have 2 rentals with them as we speak. I recieved 50% in my PayPal account the day after the agreement. Everything was done online so it was easy.

We used David's service for the first time this year. It could not have been any easier. For me, the ease and piece of mind was worth the small difference if I had rented the points out myself.

As for the 50% someone mentioned above, you get $5 once the reservation is confirmed and the other $5 after check-in day.

This is to make sure that a renter doesn't cancel the reservation.

So David gives $10 pp, and the going rate on these boards appear to be $10 pp as well. Why would anyone go through the hassle and risk of renting yourself when you could just rent them out through David and get the same return? Am I missing something here?

So David gives $10 pp, and the going rate on these boards appear to be $10 pp as well. Why would anyone go through the hassle and risk of renting yourself when you could just rent them out through David and get the same return? Am I missing something here?
If you have points that expire within 6 months he rents them for less than $10 - yet keeps $4 per point. So if you have points that expire within 6 months you would definitely do better using this board to try to rent them. At least that is my understanding.

If you want the money, all of it up front, David only gives you half of it. You get the other half once the trip is over.

I don't know how he handles any problems at the resort like failure to pay a credit card bill or damage to the villa.

I had my points up for rent with David's because as a new renter I felt more at ease with someone doing almost all of the work for me, but I could still become more familiar with the rental process.
Basically when they find a match for your points you, and several other members with points for rent, will receive an email asking if you are available to make the reservation. If you respond 1st and can make the reservation in a timely manner they will forward the info to you to make the reservation.
Unfortunately, my points were getting close to 6 months expiring so we decided to see if we could change an upcoming reservation to use them and decided to take our points off from rental. We definitely will try David's service again the next time we try to rent our points. :thumbsup2

How quickly he arranges the transfer/rent points. For BLT he says 2 months. Do we have to wait two months to get the money transfered? Should we remind him once every few days?

How quickly he arranges the transfer/rent points. For BLT he says 2 months. Do we have to wait two months to get the money transfered? Should we remind him once every few days?

Supposedly, you will get half the money when the reservation is paid for and the remainder once the trip starts.

I heard it took quite awhile to get payment...

I don't usually chime in to a thread that is asking for references on my service because my answer might be biased. However, whenever there is information that may be misleading, I have no choice.

I can assure you that I have made thousands (yes, thousands) of payments to members and not one has been late. The member is paid the first half on the day the funds are received from the guest (usually within 24 hours of confirmation) and the second half on the day the guest is due to check in, regardless of whether they check in or not.

I urge you to contact the person you heard this information from and ask for clarification. Hearsay, rather than actual experience, can be a terrible and unreliable source of information.

David

I don't usually chime in to a thread that is asking for references on my service because my answer might be biased. However, whenever there is information that may be misleading, I have no choice.

I can assure you that I have made thousands (yes, thousands) of payments to members and not one has been late. The member is paid the first half on the day the funds are received from the guest (usually within 24 hours of confirmation) and the second half on the day the guest is due to check in, regardless of whether they check in or not.

I urge you to contact the person you heard this information from and ask for clarification. Hearsay, rather than actual experience, can be a terrible and unreliable source of information.

David

Hello David-

I had heard this from another DVC member, but do not have first hand experience using your service; so to you, MY APOLOGIES. I agree hearsay can be so damaging, so I should not have relayed this information without my own experience. In addition, if you refer to my earlier post on this thread, I think you provide a wonderful service and hope to possibly use you sometime in the future. I think your payment rates are more than fair. I again apologize as I am usually such a fair person and should have not spoke out with a comment from my friend.

ssnelle

i too have giving my points for rent through david twice. 50% of total was paid very promptly. the work u have to do is make the actual reservation then give dave the confirmation #. the remaining 50% will be sent at reservation date. dave is smart business man and keeps it fair to allow him to have inventory of points.

I too just listed with David. I'm curious how long did it take you to get your points rented?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter