Has anyone used Bitly Plantar Fasciities Socks to help with walking for WDW?

@krissyh, I also have high arch.
I am getting autorization for the shot right now so hopefully I can get 2 shots before my November trip.

I guess every podiatrist is different. I had asked about golf ball and he told me golf ball can damage my feet so get 1-1/2 inch pipe (forgot exact name) and roll that at night.

He did not tell me about the towel exercise but I have read about it online.

The Tennis Ball WORKS.
Then order a pair of Hoka one one running shoes and thank me later.

I have PF and for years I had custom orthotics until our insurance went downhill a couple of years ago.

I saw ProFoot Plantars Fasciitis orthotics at the grocery store several years ago and I decided to give them a try. To my surprise, they really worked well for me. Since I have been using them, I have had no PF problems and I did use them at our five day WDW trip. They come in men's and women's sizes and I get them at Wal Mart, but they are also on Amazon.

IMHO, my feet used to hurt more with my custom orthotics than with the normal insoles and the ProFoot orthotics.

Thank you again everyone for you inputs. I have physical therapy scheduled for my feet and doctor appt to get my cortisone shots.

Still looking into shoes so any information help. One thing I'm worry about getting flip flop is, will my feet be cold since we'll be going in November (first/2nd week of November)?

@dreiwhit, I was thinking same thing. I was thinking of trying store orthotics (some soft ones at Macys). I have tried 2 different custom orthotics and my arch seem sensitive at night after I take them off.

Still looking into shoes so any information help. One thing I'm worry about getting flip flop is, will my feet be cold since we'll be going in November (first/2nd week of November)?
I think your best bet would be to just wear your most comfortable shoes, and invest in a couple different pairs of inserts (including some of the cheap ones from a drugstore). I find that swapping them out from day to day is similar to wear different shoes as far as providing a change and different rub/discomfort points.

I know tons of people swear by wearing sandals/slides/flip flops in the parks but the couple times I've done it I have totally regretted it. Too many people in too close of areas (especially walking around after parades or fireworks or standing in lines) and I got my toes stepped on too many times so it resulted in totally new foot pain. I occasionally carry a pair of slides (I live in the Spenco slides for support for the PF) and change into them while eating a meal or sitting for a long period of time, just to give my feet a break from the stuffiness of tennis shoes, but the only sandals I wear regularly in the parks are Keens, because they have the toe coverage.

Physical Therapist here, with over 20 years experience. Bottom line is that the plantar fascia is a giant piece of connective tissue with a poor blood supply (which is why it is so difficult to treat and takes so long to heal). As you can see, there are many many different remedies which address the symptoms. To actually CURE this, first step is to get professional advice from a PM and R (physical medicine and rehab) physician or an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine. There are medical approaches (Prolotherapy, steroids, oral anti inflammatories) you need to explore with a doctor who can address your unique situation and help get to the root cause of your problem (why did you get PF in the first place)? Some remedies mentioned here would be harmless (rolling your foot on a frozen bottle) but others, like Kinesiotape-which alters the biomechanics of your foot, could make things worse if not done correctly. Seriously get 1:1 medical advice from a doctor WHO HAS EXPERIENCE TREATING PLANTARFASCITIS!

@Eddie512, thank you for your advise. I've been seeing podiatrist so we are looking into different options. Got new orthotics early this year for my April trip but didn't help so I went back to him and got authorization for physical therapy, cortisone shots, and got oral anti inflammation medicine. I'm also looking into other means myself, such as different types of shoes.

@marciemi, alot of people talks about Keens but I just looked at their website and there are so many different types. I usually hate buying shoes/clothes on line because I'm not sure about size. Sometimes shoes can be half size bigger or smaller depending on the brand. I know I would definitely prefer something with backing rather ran flip flop.

I would recommend seeing an MD. I cannot recommend this highly enough. A podiatrist is not an MD (neither is a chiropractor) and they are not able to perform certain procedures or treatments which are outside their scope. That's not to say there aren't many great podiatrists and chiropractors.

Best of luck! It's a tough condition to have/treat but it can be done!

I would recommend seeing an MD. I cannot recommend this highly enough. A podiatrist is not an MD (neither is a chiropractor) and they are not able to perform certain procedures or treatments which are outside their scope. That's not to say there aren't many great podiatrists and chiropractors.

Best of luck! It's a tough condition to have/treat but it can be done!
Thank you. I've been seeing my regular MD but he referred me to podiatrist. Should he have given me different advise?

@marciemi, alot of people talks about Keens but I just looked at their website and there are so many different types. I usually hate buying shoes/clothes on line because I'm not sure about size. Sometimes shoes can be half size bigger or smaller depending on the brand. I know I would definitely prefer something with backing rather ran flip flop.

With my feet, I can just never feel comfortable buying shoes online unless I've already owned a pair of the same style/sizing. Sometimes if I'm familiar enough with a brand, I will try a new style online but I'd bet half the time even that doesn't work. I would not recommend buying Keens unless you can try them on (or order from somewhere that allows free shipping and returns). My sizing is weird too - in most tennis shoes I need an 11 for the length. Sandals I wear a 10 since they're usually open toe. My Keens are 10.5 (which is strange to find available) but I tried on multiple pairs and styles of size 10, 10.5 & 11 to determine which was best. I know most REI's have them if you have any of those close to you but many sporting goods stores may have them too. You can try this link on the Keens website: http://www.keenfootwear.com/find_dealer.aspx

I suffered from PF for years. For a long period of time (5 years) the only shoes I wore were Crocs. For some reason, their original styles (not very attractive) gave me the support I needed, where I needed it.

That being said, it was cortisone shots that gave me the most relief. But boy, did they hurt. The most effective ones were given through the side of my foot (thus a very long needle). She also prescribed a pain pill that is primarily used for arthritis. Unfortunately, I could only take it short term because my insurance said I was too young to take it. She then explained that 800 mg of Advil is the therapeutic dose, so I lived on those for a while.

I have been pain free for years (knock on wood).

I understand your pain and hope the cortisone helps.

I have tried those for a day at Disneyland and they didn't work for me. I ended up with blisters where the edge of the bands rubbed. I love KT tape and will not do Disneyland without it. I have severe PF and have been preparing my feet for the last 5 months for our first trip to Disney World. We leave tomorrow so we'll see. I started with 2 cortisone shots in each foot. The right foot was worse than the left so I wore a boot for 6 weeks, key was to sleep in it. When it came out of the boot it felt almost as good as new. I have not been wearing anything but good tennis shoes that I got fitted for at a running store. I also have my custom orthotics. I have also been wearing night splints and stretching religiously. Since we leave tomorrow I got 2 cortisone shots in each foot about a week and a half ago. They hurt like crazy during and a few days after so I wanted to make sure there was plenty of time for them to heal. My feet feel amazing! The best they have in over 10 years. I have packed 2 rolls of KT tape. I am bringing the night splints. Hopefully my feet will hold up.

@disneyeveryyear, thank you. I am determined to enjoy my trip this November since I hated my trip this past April trip because of my feet. This November trip could be my last one for a very looooooooooong time (unless my sons gets married soon and give me grandchildren soon) so I really really want to enjoy this November trip so I'm trying everything I can!

@foleyfun, good luck and please let me know how you did. Did you get the boot/night splints from your doctor? Where did you get fitted for our running shoes?

I too have suffered from mild cases off and on for about ten years. It was nothing I couldn't get rid of with consistent stretching and ice. Then about 6 weeks ago I started a new interval workout which suddenly made it the worst I have ever had it but only in one foot. It hurt all of the time! Finally got to see the podiatrist yesterday and got my first cortisone shot. Major ouch! But I can already feel a difference. I am also scheduled to start some physical therapy next week (ultrasound) and have been wearing a compression sock too. I am really hoping this all works since my trip is in 17 days!

That being said, it was cortisone shots that gave me the most relief. But boy, did they hurt.

Yeah. My wife warned me how much they would hurt, and I didn't believe her. I found out otherwise :teeth:

The only other thing that hurt worse was gall bladder trouble.

@disneyeveryyear, thank you. I am determined to enjoy my trip this November since I hated my trip this past April trip because of my feet. This November trip could be my last one for a very looooooooooong time (unless my sons gets married soon and give me grandchildren soon) so I really really want to enjoy this November trip so I'm trying everything I can!

@foleyfun, good luck and please let me know how you did. Did you get the boot/night splints from your doctor? Where did you get fitted for our running shoes?

My Podiatrist fitted me with the boot. He also showed me what night splints to get. He suggested Amazon, he said I could buy them cheaper there then what he would need to charge me. I got fitted for my shoes at Road Runner Sports. They take measurements and video of my walk then make suggestions for the shoes. Definitely start working with your podiatrist now on curing your feet, it is a long process. I will let you know how they did. I am so excited to go!

For my Pf i did as others have said. I went to a running store and got properly fitted shoes. Also I use a support on both feet. It is called feetures and they also make socks with built in support - the socks ate actually marked to which foit they are for because of the support. Also the doctor to,d me to use a tennis ball and roll my foot on it before actually standing up first thing in the morning. The best thing I usec on each foot at night was the strasburg sock. I tried a hard brace and could not stand it. The sock is what actually did the trick for me. It keeps your foot flexed all night to keep the ligament stretched. Be careful with cortisone shots since they can actually cause damage to the muscles in the foit and can cause problems with the arch. My daughter-in-law had the shots for PF and now has permanent damage to her foot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter