• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone upgraded 7 day to 10 day (nonexpiring) ticket?

Luv2Travel

Member since there were less than 5000 members!
Sorry, search funtion not working for me today. :rolleyes:

If I buy 7 day PH non-expiring tickets this trip (and have days left on them), can I upgrade them (if I need to) to 10 day PH non-expiring tickets on the next trip?

Also, if I buy 7 day base tickets in advance for the discount, and then upgrade them later to park hopping/non-expiring will I lose the advance discount on my tickets? (ie - am I just paying for the $35 for park hopping, or do I have to pay the full difference?)

No, you would need to upgrade them on this trip or they would expire. I believe you have 14 days from first use to do the upgrade. You will have to pay the cost of non-expiring on 10 days also, not just on the number of days left, just to be clear.

As for the advance purchase discount, no, I don't believe you will lose it, though I didn't pay that much attention when I did it. I'm pretty certain I only paid the difference between the cost of 7 day and 10 day, which was only a few dollars, plus the cost of the non expiry option.

I believe even if you have non-expiring tickets, you still have to upgrade them within the first 14 days.

i have a 6 day hopper that I am probably going to upgrade to an 8 or 10 day non expiration....it's just a few bucks for the extra days, but up to $150 more for the non expiration.

what if I only need the non-expiration for 2 of the days. will they let me do that? basically i am using 6 days on this trip, but i want to buy 2-4 extra days (non expiring) to use for a couple of weekend visits in the future. i only need the non expiring for those extra days i will buy. that would save me a lot vs paying the $150 to make all 10 days non expiring. does that make sense? I am assuming i can't do that. or could i go in on our last day and add the days at the point and only pay the n-e on the days I add? :confused3 :rotfl:

We just got back from our July trip, and my DILs both upgraded their tickets while we were there. They had purchased 4 day hoppers on a trip in Feb. and had only used two days. While we were there last week, they added 4 more days to their tickets, even though they had originally bought them in Feb. It's my understanding that as long as you have one day left, you can add days to the original ticket until you reach 10 days.

As long as you have at least one day left you can add days...however, it still must be done within 14 days of first use or it will expire and you'll lose the remaining day(s)...unless you purchase the non-expiry option. The non-expiry option is charged based on the total number of days on the ticket, not including what you've used. So, a 10 day ticket is charged non-expiry based on the price of 10 days, even if you only have one day left. Make sense?

exwdwcm said:
i have a 6 day hopper that I am probably going to upgrade to an 8 or 10 day non expiration....it's just a few bucks for the extra days, but up to $150 more for the non expiration.

what if I only need the non-expiration for 2 of the days. will they let me do that? basically i am using 6 days on this trip, but i want to buy 2-4 extra days (non expiring) to use for a couple of weekend visits in the future. i only need the non expiring for those extra days i will buy. that would save me a lot vs paying the $150 to make all 10 days non expiring. does that make sense? I am assuming i can't do that. or could i go in on our last day and add the days at the point and only pay the n-e on the days I add? :confused3 :rotfl:

Unfortunately, they will not let you only buy the non-expiration option for two days. You will have to purchase it for the entire ticket. I realize it sure would save you a lot of money if they would, but they won't. Sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter