Has anyone tried Visitor Toll Pass (VTP) from MCO?

Mickey_Maniac

I'm a Maniac, so what???
I recently came across a recommendation for Visitor Toll Pass. The review indicated it is free to use (except for cost of tolls) if you are leaving from or going to MCO. It sounds like a good idea so I don't have to bring my personal EZ Pass and risk losing or damaging it and so I don't have to use the rental company toll service. It's managed by the Central Florida Expressway authority, so I'm assuming it is secure.

Has anyone tried this yet and if so, what are your thoughts on it.

I recently came across a recommendation for Visitor Toll Pass. The review indicated it is free to use (except for cost of tolls) if you are leaving from or going to MCO. It sounds like a good idea so I don't have to bring my personal EZ Pass and risk losing or damaging it and so I don't have to use the rental company toll service. It's managed by the Central Florida Expressway authority, so I'm assuming it is secure.

Has anyone tried this yet and if so, what are your thoughts on it.
I'd never heard of it until your post but certainly seems like a cheaper way to manage tolls in a rental car. I'll follow along here to see if anyone has real experience with it, but from reading the FAQs, seems like a pretty straightforward program.

We used it before Covid and had no issues with the service. You just hang the tag before leaving the car rental garage. I signed up already using the app for our trip in November. You just have to remember to go to the kiosk in airport now to get the tag. From the west coast so we do not have EZ Pass.

There have been a great number of people on this board using it, and I have not seen one negative comment.

Many people here and on a frequent flyer board I'm on have used it and I've never heard of anyone having a problem with it. Personally I'm going to bring my IPass from IL and use it. Another app I don't need on my phone, my CC information in more places and since I already have a second transponder no big loss if I forget it. Entirely my personal preference though, I wish they would have had it running last year when I was there.

Used it pre Covid and it was great. Very easy to use. We will be trying the app in Oct. hopefully it will be just as easy.

I just used it for our trip Aug 5-15. So easy, and I highly recommend.
The only wonky thing was the app. Once you've signed up on the app, it appears to get stuck on the QR screen until you actually pick up the hang tag. Which is absolutely fine, it's just weird.
I emailed them two questions about it and got a quick reply. Question 1 was I must have filled out the dates incorrectly. I had it for pick up Aug. 8, even though I was picking up Aug. 5. They said you can pick it up early, that's fine. Question 2 was I changed rental car companies after I got the app stuck on the QR screen (and you're supposed to make changes within the app). They said that was fine too, just make sure the hang tag is hanging up on the mirror in the rental car before you pull out of the airport garage. It gets activated upon exit of the garage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter