• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone tried Motion Eaze?

stacynak

Mouseketeer
I searched this topic but the last thread on this was in 2008. Has anyone tried Motion Eaze? It says it stops motion sickness even after it starts. My dd wants to ride roller coaster both at Disney & IOA. She tends to get car sick once in a while & I'm worried she'll get sick and it'll ruin her day. However, Dramamine (including the non-drowsy) knocks her out. If you've tried Motion Eaze, I'd love to know if it worked for you or not. http://www.motioneaze.com/

I haven't tried it but Non Drowsy Dramamine knocks me out too. Have you ever just tried half a non drowsy? Or even a quarter of it? If you get a pill cutter you could cut some up before hand and have them handy.

I was prescribed Meclizine (which is generic dramamine) for a vertigo issue, and they were half the strength of nondrowsy. Even those made me a bit groggy so I would break them in half. It worked well for me, and one the few occasions it wasn't enough, I'd take the other part of the pill like 30 minutes later and once both "doses" were in me, the nausea would go away but the sleepy feeling never came on.

Sorry for double posting but has your DD ever done a roller coaster before? If she hasn't, you may find they won't effect her the same way as a car does.

Cars do me in, even the slightest hills will bother me...but rollercoasters are over so quickly I find they don't bother me at all. My mom is the opposite, she can drive for hours but anything more than Big Thunder Mountain or anything spinny will make her sick.

I am interested to know of something that works and does not cause you to be sleepy as well, I could use some so I can ride so rides with my DD

Ginger pills work well and there are no side effects. I actually prefer ginger candies (the chewy kind,) but they can be a bit harder to find. I get them at the Asian grocery, but you can also find them at Whole Foods.

I've used ginger before and had it work just fine, but it doesn't do it for me anymore. It does work for a lot of people so also a good option.

My DH gets some small patches he puts on behind his ear. They kind of look like small round bandaids if I remember correctly. He has to have the Dr call a prescription in they are not over the counter.

I am sensitive to medications and didn't do well on Dramamine. I haven't tried the medication you are asking about, but thought I might make a suggestion that worked for me. I get VERY ill on the plane if there's turbulence, and can sometimes get sick on rides too. I bought Sea Bands for our October trip, and they worked wonders for me. They are little cloth bands you strategically place on your wrists that have a little button on them that is flat on the outside and rounded on the inside. Once in place, the little button pushes on a specific spot on your wrist to help prevent nausea. Pressure points and all that... If the nausea starts, you can press the button for a couple seconds and it calms down the nausea almost instantly. They worked so well for me that I bought some for my son who was refusing to go on Expedition to Everest b/c he gets sick sometimes, and my daughter who gets ill A LOT. I found them at Target in the section where Dramamine is for $6.00. They are washable, reusable, and completely safe. Plus they are guaranteed to not make anyone sleepy as they aren't a medication! You can always bring a medication as backup, but I would try the most natural method first for a child if you're not completely sure about a medicine.

P.S. I saw the Sea bands used on the TV show 19 kids and counting b/c their family gets motion sickness really badly, so if that helps....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter