• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone taken the DCL bus from the Yacht Club?

PaMomofOne

Earning My Ears
We're doing our our 1st cruise in Sept. and we're trying to decide whether to take a town car or DCL bus from the Yacht Club.

Has anyone taken DCL from the Yacht Club? If so what time did you get to the Port?

My main concern, since it is only a 3 day, it to really enjoy the ship. I'm leaning towards a car service despite the added cost (we're only a family of 3) so that we can get on the ship earlier.

I would love to hear your experiences... TIA

We're doing our our 1st cruise in Sept. and we're trying to decide whether to take a town car or DCL bus from the Yacht Club.

Has anyone taken DCL from the Yacht Club? If so what time did you get to the Port?

My main concern, since it is only a 3 day, it to really enjoy the ship. I'm leaning towards a car service despite the added cost (we're only a family of 3) so that we can get on the ship earlier.

Haven't taken the bus from the Yacht Club (but have taken it from others), but the window for DCL transfer pick ups (at any resort) is in the 10:45-12:30 window. You won't know for sure when yours is until the night before pick up. It varies based on how many people are requiring DCL transfers from which resort. Most DCL busses will make 2 or 3 resort stops for pickups. Some may only pick up at one, if it fills the bus.

The trip is about an hour from WDW to port. Most busses from the resorts arrive at the port between 12:30-2:00.

I agree with Princess Schmoo about the time varying. But I will tell you what our experience has been taking DCL transfers from the Yacht Club. We've done it twice, the last time in 2013. We were instructed to take the short walk to the Beach Club and that is where we were picked up. I can't remember the exact time, but I believe it was approximately 11:00 to 11:30. The first time we had to make an additional stop, I believe it was the Caribbean Beach hotel. The last time there was enough people staying at the Beach and Yacht clubs to fill two buses, and we made no additional stops, just headed straight to port. Both times after we went through security and checked in, it was around 1:00 or 1:30. I remember our last cruise it was nice because our stateroom was ready and we could drop off our carry ons before heading to lunch.

The other thing to consider: how much do you enjoy crowds? If crowds really aren't your "thing", I would opt for the bus from Yacht Club, and enjoy a stress-free morning (it's such a beautiful resort!). If you get to port before they start boarding anyone, you will be fighting for space to sit, and it can just artificially up your stress level.

We took it from Beach Club in 2013 and arrived at PC about 1:15, were able to check-in and go straight to our state room to drop off carry-ons, then went up to eat. In 2014, we used Happy Limo and had 10:45 PAT, hot on the ship by 11:30, went up to eat right away and kept carry-ons with us a couple hours.

Both were great but since this is your first cruise I would take DCL transportation. It's a great ride, lots of fun and they really make it completely stress free. Chances are pretty height that you'll go another cruise so you can board earlier on a second cruise. Just my $.02

I have stayed at the Beach Club next to the Yacht club I refrained from answering as I didn't use DCL transfers there but have at the Polynesian and Contemporary resorts. But I was aware of the DCL transfer time as we were there at the lobby when it called for the cruise after ours and it was at 11 am.

Last August we stayed at the Bordwalk precruise. We did not get to the port until 1:30pm. It was a seven night cruise so it was ok getting there that late but for my next cruise in March I am going to book a private car to take us to the port. We didn't like getting there so late and felt rushed to have lunch before getting settled into our room. I like being on the ship early.

Have you thought about renting a car? National/Alamo has a desk at the Dolphin, which is right next to the Yacht Club. The driver can drop everyone off at the terminal, gas up and return the car and hop the shuttle back to the port. It's very easy, is usually cheaper than a car service and far cheaper than Disney transfers, allows you to go on your own schedule and you can also make a quick stop at a liquor store if you'd like to bring any on board with you.

Just another option. :) Enjoy your cruise!

Do you all think that it would be too much of a hassle to take the ME back to MCO in order to hop on an earlier DCL bus there?

Do you all think that it would be too much of a hassle to take the ME back to MCO in order to hop on an earlier DCL bus there?
Well, you'd have to give a phantom flight time to take the ME to MCO. And ME likes to schedule those pickups about 3 hours before your flight. And you'd have to handle your own bags from hotel to airport and then to the DCL check in. And it still costs $35.00 from MCO to port. Not worth the effort to me.

I took it from the Swan and we picked up guests from the Dolphin, Beach Club and Yacht club. It was nearly 3 pm by the time we got on board.

Well, you'd have to give a phantom flight time to take the ME to MCO. And ME likes to schedule those pickups about 3 hours before your flight. And you'd have to handle your own bags from hotel to airport and then to the DCL check in. And it still costs $35.00 from MCO to port. Not worth the effort to me.

Yeah, you're right. It was just a thought...

Someone on my cruise meet says he always does the double-bus trick: Magic Express to airport, then DCL bus to port — in order to get to the port very early. I'm leaning towards trying it. We have the first P.A.T. (10:30 to 10:45) and while it does seem to be a bit of a hassle, at least it's hassle with Disney driving (rather than me in a renta-car). Handling our own bags off of Magic Express and onto the DCL bus doesn't seem like much of a hassle to me.

Someone on my cruise meet says he always does the double-bus trick: Magic Express to airport, then DCL bus to port — in order to get to the port very early. I'm leaning towards trying it. We have the first P.A.T. (10:30 to 10:45) and while it does seem to be a bit of a hassle, at least it's hassle with Disney driving (rather than me in a renta-car). Handling our own bags off of Magic Express and onto the DCL bus doesn't seem like much of a hassle to me.
Has he said how he does it? Seems like the best solution as DH doesn't want to pay more for a car service and I want to get to the Port earlier than the DCL resort bus.

Yes: Tell 'em you're leaving on a flight that departs around 11 a.m., so you are picked up by Magic Express at your resort around 8 a.m. Then tell DCL that you are arriving on a flight that arrives by 7 or 8 a.m., so you can hop aboard the first DCL bus to port, apparently (?) departing around 9:20. That's what I was told. You'd have to actually scout real flight numbers for those times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter