• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone taken a Permobil C350 Corpus Power Chair to WDW?

mrsksomeday

My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
Bill just got his new wheelchair on Friday :banana:. It is a Permobil C350, he has never had tilt before:

billchair82109017.jpg

billchair82109021.jpg

He used to use a Quickie P222, the Permobil is slightly wider and is longer. He is concerned that he will have issues with the Magical Express and rides like Buzz Lightyear, The Great Movie Ride, and Winnie the Pooh, etc.

Has anyone used this particular chair on those rides at WDW? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Congrats Bill!

I haven't got a C350 Corpus, but a C500s with Corpus seat (that has been totally rebuilt since, grin). The C500 is a tad bit bigger than the C350. I've done WDW with it for 2 trips now, third coming up in about 4 weeks.

Bill; DO NOT WORRY!!! It will fit. I've had no problems what so ever with not fitting. Some things might be a tight fit (some rides that is), but if you can stear the chair accurately it shouldn't be bad. An example is the Nemo ride for instance. My chair fits EXACTly into the clammobile. No inch left to go further or back, I'm stuck. ;) Buzz seems a tiny bit bigger, but not much.

DME, Disney transport, restaurants, shops, never had a problem with the size of my chair anywhere on property.

For some rides you'll find it's an easier fit when having the seat in the totally upright position, so no tilting the seat what so ever. It also makes the smallest turn that way.

Also notice that Bill has got the powerdriven wheels at the back. Mine are upfront. Can make some differences in experiences I guess, but they shouldn't be to such an extend the chair will not wit. It will.

Besides me, I know that at least Kathy also has a Permobil C500. She basically lives at WDW if you ask me. ;) She'll probably be around soon enough.

I also have the C500. I have had no problems with it fitting into any of the attractions where w/c's are allowed. My smaller tires are also in the back which could make a difference in steering but probably not in overall space. I have had some trouble with both my chair *and* service dog fitting easily into a ride vehicle, esp. on the newer attractions. I LOVE my chair- as w/c's go it's comfortable. Gee, I don't *really* live at WDW- esp. right now as it's too darned hot! LOL---Kathy

Jack has a C300 with Corpus Seating.

He rode Magical Express to and from Orlando Airport. He also was able to take the chair on It's a small world, The Great Movie Ride, Jungle Cruise, The Land, The three caballeros. (Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.) We also did transfers at Soarin and The Haunted Mansion.

It'll be fine. Enjoy!

Jack has a C300 with Corpus Seating.

He rode Magical Express to and from Orlando Airport. He also was able to take the chair on It's a small world, The Great Movie Ride, Jungle Cruise, The Land, The three caballeros. (Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.) We also did transfers at Soarin and The Haunted Mansion.

It'll be fine. Enjoy!

I ride an Invacare Storm which looks to be an equivalent size chair in size and features.

To the above list, I have also ridden Backlot Tour, Toy Story Mania, Safari at Animal Kingdom, Ellen's Energy Adventure, WDW Railroad & train to Conservation Station - all without getting out of my chair.

Andrew

Of course you are no caractre or anything, but compared to me you are almost living at the place. :lmao::hug:

Too funny- We did just spend two nights at WDW before and after our Magic cruise just so it was easier to get the motorcoach transfers to the port, but other than our upcoming booked stay in September I haven't been to the parks/resorts since May!---Kathy

Too funny- We did just spend two nights at WDW before and after our Magic cruise just so it was easier to get the motorcoach transfers to the port, but other than our upcoming booked stay in September I haven't been to the parks/resorts since May!---Kathy

Seriously? Wow!! When are you hitting WDW in september? If you want to meet up, you know where to find my pm-box. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter