Has anyone switched resorts mid-stay????

fiveacesmmb

Earning My Ears
I'm staying at POR and thought I might try and spend our last 2 nights at a different resort.....just to try another resort. Has anyone done this??? And did you get a good deal??? I do have the free dining so I wonder if this will inhibit me from doing this...but it sure would be a nice surprise for my family!! Any thoughts????

I think lots of people do it. We switched once from BC to CR a few years back, because we couldn't get BC for the entire week.

Based on that experience, we won't do it again. It was a hassle to pack everything up and get it moved, seemed like we lost at least half a day.

IMHO, I wouldn't recommend it.

Andy

we did it this past trip (10 nights - 8 @ pofq/2 @ akl) and dh and i both agreed that we would be very hesitant to do it again... we felt it was a bit of a hassle the packing/unpacking, waiting for bags to be picked up/waiting for bags to be delivered, learning a new resort layout, etc... we went from pofq to akl and perhaps some of our opinions are based on the fact that we were just not in love w/akl at all and what we thought would be a great way to end the trip turned out to be a bummer! plus we gave up two days of free dining, and after a week of amazing free meals, it "hurt" to pay again! LOL!

I always read about people who do this and my first reaction is WHY? It just seems like a big headache in the middle of a great vacation. If you want to experience another resort go and visit it (you can even ask for a look at the rooms it you want). And if you like it stay there the next time. The only way I would change resorts midstay was if I absolutely hated the resort I was at.

We've done our last 2 trips with no problem. Last month we stayed at the YC for 3 nights then back "home" at the Polynesian"for 5 nights. We loved both resorts that this what we will do for all our trips from now on.

We do it all the time. We like the different atmosphere. When we stay at one resort for too long it becomes routine and less exciting. The moves are easy. When we stay at BWV, it is nice to get a fresh start at WLV wit ah totally different feeling.

There are many, MANY DISers who do the switch every trip and love it. I agree, though, with those who do not. We switched on our last trip from AKL to POR to meet with friends the last 3 nights of a 12 night vacation and found it to be a royal pain. When checking out of AKL, we called down for bell services to come and pick up our bags and deliver them to POR and they told us it would be a 40 minute wait. The change, from packing up to driving over and checking in, took up a few hours that we would have rather been hanging out by the pool, or going to the parks, and I personally didn't like the waste. Tried it once...never again. ::MickeyMo

We are doing this. Not really mid stay, but more like the beginning. What was supposed to turn out to be just a weekend trip, has now turned into 8 days after 2 days in Boyenton Beach to visit my dad. We are driving and arriving at POP for 1 night. We will only take an over night bag. Then we are going to wake up early and then head for POR for the rest of our stay.

We are switching resorts for the first time during our trip next month. At first I was worried about doing this, but now I feel good about it. We have decided we will just take a cab from AKL to drop off our bags and check in at VWL. That way we dont have to worry about waiting around for bags, etc.

We love switching resorts......In a way, we feel like it's having 2 totally different vacations. Our first trip to WDW was 7 nights at the BWV & 7 nights at the Poly and it was great! Disney moves our bags and made the whole process seamless.

We probably wouldn't consider switching if we were staying less than 6 nights though. :pug:

Our trip in July was supposed to be 6 nights at CSR. We decided to add three nights to the beginning of our trip but there was no availibility at CSR. We chose to spend the first three nights at POR. I really liked switching. It made our stay seem like to different vacations all in one. The only disappointing part was that we loved POR so much that we missed it a little while we were at CSR.

We are already booked for next summer. We are staying the first 7 nights at POR (WooHoo) and the last three at WL!

If you are staying on a long trip it is not too bad. This past summer we stayed 6 nights at VWL and 6 nights at BCV. I had everything planned on what I needed to do on which day.

We checked out of VWL and went over to BCV and then off to Epcot until our room was ready. We had our own vehicle so our luggage transported with us. When we arrived at BCV we had our luggage put into holding until our room was ready.

Eventhough we missed the VWL I would not hesitate to do this again on a long trip.

good luck :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter