Has anyone stayed at the Westin, St. John using their DVC points?

grahamf

Earning My Ears
My family and I would LOVE to go to St.John in November of 2004 (preferably the first week). We are currently waiting to hear from DVC who is doing a search.

Questions:

1) Has anyone stayed at this resort? What did you think of it?

2) For anyone who has been on a waitlist for this resort, how long did it take before you cleared the search?

3) Should I try and swap with someone with a Starwood Vacation Club?

If I don't get a reservation, I want to make sure that I do get one somewhere else before it's too late.

Thanks for any advice you have to give.

Fran

How long have you been searching? I have heard it is really hard to trade into St John. I would make a reservation at another location with a good cancellation policy if the trade should come through at the last minute. You might try Tug and see if anyone wants to trade. Sometimes they have people who do. Good luck with you trade and let us know what happens.

Westin on St. John will be a tough pull but November might be workable. I'd look for a member to trade with directly. I'd also make a DVC reservation or similar option you can cancel. A DVC reservation makes great sense because you can cancel it and use those points if you need to for the exchange. I hear it's a fabulous resort. If you match, it's likely to be 3-6 months out or even less. Good luck.

We rented a house on St. John 5 years ago, and spend quite a bit of time at the Westin with friends who were staying there. It's lovely. Very good restaurant. Nice pool. Lovely beach and cove.

We stayed at the Westin about four years ago but not on points and in the main hotel. It is a great resort but one thing to keep in mind is that the time share units are across the street from the main hotel and require a short trek to get to the main hotel area. Often when going to a place like St. John, you want to be right next to the water. You won't be at the Westin.

HBC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter